RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/09/18 12:27 pm    ::: Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19 Reply Reply with quote

Freshman G Zaria White has left the Toledo program.

PostPosted: 03/09/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I soooo despise this thread , but cant help but wonder Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/09/18 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We lived through the transfer process / red shirt season over the past year, and while it was not what my daughter envisioned when she started her college career, it was definitely necessary due to a coaching change (prior to her arrival) . She is in a much better situation now, and looking forward to being able to compete and contribute, but we wish the transfer waiver process was handled equally across the board. Especially in the case of coaching changes. In her situation, the new coach’s style was 180° different than that of the coaching staff that recruited her.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/10/18 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I soooo despise this thread , but cant help but wonder Laughing Laughing

Do you understand that the thread header is snark?

PostPosted: 03/15/18 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WBB: Vanderbilt players Kayla Overbeck and Erin Whalen have been given permission to talk to other schools about a possible transfer, but they've not been granted their scholarship releases.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/974319991523823620

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/15/18 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
WBB: Vanderbilt players Kayla Overbeck and Erin Whalen have been given permission to talk to other schools about a possible transfer, but they've not been granted their scholarship releases.

Raoul@Raoul_000
9:34 AM - 15 Mar 2018
This means that as many as three players may be leaving Vandy following Stephanie White's second year as head coach. Paige Warren was previously reported to be transferring.
https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/974322849174446080

PRballer

PostPosted: 03/15/18 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Vanderbilt doesn’t have the athletes to compete. I know she was injured and had a decent freshmen year, but when I saw Overbeck and Whalen on TV they didn’t appear to be able to run with the SEC. In fact Overneck could barely run at all.

They had another young guard (not Hall) who simply didn’t look like an SEC player. White and Peck and Cheek need athletes if this is going to work

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/15/18 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once your program is ground into the basement, it's really hard to get good athletes to want to come there.

- Amanda Gorman
tfan

PostPosted: 03/16/18 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Once your program is ground into the basement, it's really hard to get good athletes to want to come there.

In this case, White is having trouble getting them to stay there.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/16/18 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

In this case, White is having trouble getting them to stay there.

Which means that Vandy will be mostly freshmen again next year Shocked That is, assuming there are commits.

And/or there will be a new coach......

PostPosted: 03/16/18 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Saw that 8 guys from Pitt have asked to be allowed to talk to other schools after coach was released.

Wow.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22792196/eight-pittsburgh-panthers-basketball-players-asking-release-wake-coaching-change

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/17/18 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Saw that 8 guys from Pitt have asked to be allowed to talk to other schools after coach was released.

Wow.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22792196/eight-pittsburgh-panthers-basketball-players-asking-release-wake-coaching-change

Sounds like a repeat of ODU last year. Yikes!

PostPosted: 03/18/18 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raoul
‏ @Raoul_000
28m28 minutes ago

WBB: A source says that three freshmen—Mikayla Hayes (6-2 F, Brooklyn Park, MN), Tameria Johnson (5-6 PG, Ocala, FL), and Jalaysha Thomas (6-2 F, Ocala, FL)—are all transferring from Florida.

They have 4 seniors on the team leaving as well. None of the above frosh averaged more than 10 minutes per game.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/20/18 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WBB: Carly Santoro, 5-10 G out of Belleville, OH, grad-transferring from Bowling Green; 12.8 PPG, 8.7 RPG in 2017-18 (per Raoul)

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/975155689806008320
http://bgsufalcons.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6602

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/20/18 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Wow.

A coach that lost EVERY ACC conference game. If you are going to the school in part to play winning basketball, I'd think you'd embrace the coaching change.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/20/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Wow.

A coach that lost EVERY ACC conference game. If you are going to the school in part to play winning basketball, I'd think you'd embrace the coaching change.

Last year the result of ODU's coaching change was that Karen Barefoot took several (I think 3) of her current players with her to UNCW as well as one of her commits. A couple of other players and ALL the other commits didn't even bother to TALK to Nikki McCray, they just bailed out, which I thought was tacky. But Nikki came out okay and will do better in the future, I think. She's a really good coach, IMNSHO.

PostPosted: 03/20/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Wow.

..except a number of Pitt players were loyal to Coach Stallings and were against his firing.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/20/18 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6'0 F Kayla Washington is transferring from Washington State.

PostPosted: 03/21/18 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Wow.

..except a number of Pitt players were loyal to Coach Stallings and were against his firing.

I get that, but why? That's what I'd love to know. The team had no success, was he too much a "players coach" that they all want him back despite previously unseen depths.

bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/21/18 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Wow.

I get that, but why? That's what I'd love to know. The team had no success, was he too much a "players coach" that they all want him back despite previously unseen depths.

I never thought he was a successful coach anywhere, weird...

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/21/18 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In addition to Sarah Bates and Sarah Porter (whose departures were previously reported), UC Santa Barbara has two more players transferring: Nina Radford and Akilah Jennings.

Quote:
Coach Bonnie Henrickson said there was “no drama, no dysfunction” that led to four players deciding to transfer out of the UCSB women’s basketball program last week. Each of the four — first-year players Sarah Bates and Nina Radford and juniors Sarah Porter and Akilah Jennings — had her individual reason for leaving, Henrickson said.

“The perception is the number — ‘Oh, my gosh, it’s four’ — but the reality is they are separate,” she said. “In our business, it’s not much of a surprise.” UCSB has received its share of transfers from other schools. But Henrickson would rather not lose those players, especially Bates, a peppery guard who made the All-Big West freshman team.

Henrickson came to UCSB from Kansas three years ago when the Gaucho women were coming off a two-win season. She got them to 16-16 last year, but they dipped to 12-17 this season. She’s out recruiting this week, and she said all the other returning players and the four incoming recruits have assured her they’re committed to the program

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/976474858799419392
https://www.independent.com/news/2018/mar/21/gaucho-baseball-struggling/

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/21/18 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Forwards Nike McClure and Louise brown are also leaving Wazzu

tfan

PostPosted: 03/22/18 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Louise Brown is a red-shirt junior (should be graduating) from Australia. I guess she wants to get a masters degree. If a new school would pay for her "sit-out" year, that would be 6 years of free tuition.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/22/18 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Louise Brown is a red-shirt junior (should be graduating) from Australia. I guess she wants to get a masters degree. If a new school would pay for her "sit-out" year, that would be 6 years of free tuition.

If Brown is graduating she won't have to sit out.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/22/18 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jill Barta, reigning WCC player of the year will not be returning to the Zags for her final season of eligibility.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: