RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AAC Semi#2: Cincy v #1 CT 3.5.18 7 PM ET ESPN2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

let's hope tex v bay can wipe this fiasco from the memory card

PostPosted: 03/05/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I only saw bits and pieces. My God, how bad was Cincinnati? Stop bitching about how bad UConn was and tell me just how bad Cincinnati was.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How does Cincinnati rank against the fourth best teams in the P5 conferences?
acsuc99

PostPosted: 03/05/18 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bigger question, how did this game prepare UConn for what they will face in the NCAA's? It didn't.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/05/18 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some perspective

1st period scores

UConn 17 Cinci 5
UConn 26 Louis 6
UConn 26 Stan 10

It isn't just the AAC teams

acsuc99

PostPosted: 03/05/18 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I only saw bits and pieces. My God, how bad was Cincinnati? Stop bitching about how bad UConn was and tell me just how bad Cincinnati was.

They sucked Bearcat balls!

Jamelle Elliott with a helluva a lot of NICE TRY claps. Always the screen shot of women's basketball death.

acsuc99

PostPosted: 03/05/18 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
These slugs make Meghan Gardler look like LeBron.

Oh how I missed Megan. For so many reasons.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/05/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where is the conference that will give UConn close competitive games more than once or twice a season?

opponent & MOV

Stanford 25
Cal 25
Maryland 25
UCLA 18
N Dame 9 (4th period UConn 26 N Dame 9)
DePaul 34 (yeah, let's rejoin the BE)
Okl 24
Texas 4 - the exception that proves the rule?
S Carolina 25
Louis 11 - 42-22 at the half

acsuc99

PostPosted: 03/05/18 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Where is the conference that will give UConn close competitive games more than once or twice a season?

opponent & MOV

Stanford 25
Cal 25
Maryland 25
UCLA 18
Okl 24
S Carolina 25

Stop. Just stop.

Even in the blowouts UConn at least was able to get better facing those opponents. Facing teams like Tulane and Cincinnati do NOTHING to prep this team for postseason. Cincinnati is a Day 1 exit in any Power 5 league. They finished 4th in the AAC.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/05/18 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
will some fucker have mercy on us and let us into a real fucking conference please!

Nobody else wants UConn's shitty football team though. Very Happy

Maybe the ACC would trade for Boston College?

PostPosted: 03/05/18 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
linkster wrote:

opponent & MOV

Stanford 25
Cal 25
Maryland 25
UCLA 18
Okl 24
S Carolina 25

Stop. Just stop.

Even in the blowouts UConn at least was able to get better facing those opponents. Facing teams like Tulane and Cincinnati do NOTHING to prep this team for postseason. Cincinnati is a Day 1 exit in any Power 5 league. They finished 4th in the AAC.

What you say is correct but that doesn't repond to my question, which was where is this mystery conference that was asked for in this thread?

Quote:
How does Cincinnati rank against the fourth best teams in the P5 conferences?

Quote:
will some fucker have mercy on us and let us into a real fucking conference please!

In general UConn's games against the top teams in the P5 are over midway though the 3rd period if not earlier. I'd love to see better opposition but you won't find it in any of the P5. Sure there is an occasional close game and even a loss once in a while but the reality is that once you eliminate the top 2 teams from the P5 conferences UConn is looking at a dozen or so laughers. When Notre Dame went to the ACC they dominated. Their first year MOV was about 30. Do you think UConn wouldn't do the same or worse to any P5 conference?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/05/18 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is no difference if UConn played Texas and Baylor, for example, home and away, or playing USF and UCF home and away.

Any fucking idiot can see that.

Miss St and South Carolina- same thing.

There is NO difference between UConn playing in the mid-major AAC or in any P5 conf.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This fucking idiot can't quite see that. USF and UCF are hugely worse than any of the top two teams in the P5s. [Well maybe except the B10 this year.] And the middle of the conferences are even more hugely better than the middle of the AAC. Of course UConn would still dominate, but at least they wouldn't have to play such a ridiculously hard OOC schedule to make sure they had even the remotest chance of meeting a team that could compete with them.

But I don't see the point of the debate since it ain't gonna happen around women's bball. So it is what it is and Geno makes the best of it.

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/05/18 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Forget UConn. Can someone please put the Jamelle Elloitt era out of its misery at Cincinnati. There is not caring about women's basketball, and there is keeping this going for nine freaking seasons.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/05/18 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
There is no difference if UConn played Texas and Baylor, for example, home and away, or playing USF and UCF home and away.

There is NO difference between UConn playing in the mid-major AAC or in any P5 conf.

Did you actually see the S Carolina game? Is your memory fading?

Quote:
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- UConn coach Geno Auriemma watched his top-ranked Huskies put on a show at South Carolina that even he couldn't believe.

Kia Nurse had 23 points and Katie Lou Samuelson added 20 as No. 1 UConn routed the defending national champion Gamecocks 83-58 on Thursday night. The demolition included a 29-8 second quarter as the Huskies hit 11 of 18 field goals to turn a tight game into a runaway.

Here are some of the thread comments:

Quote:
This game is a joke (45-23).
ND vs. NC is a similar score (47-21).
I'm going back to my recording of Iowa/MSU.

Quote:
this about to be a blow out by uconn SC trash

Quote:
One thing I love about watching the Huskies is that you get to these big hyped-up games and they turn into such a huge rout that you see that moment when the other team gives up on their own home court. I gotta tell you, it never gets old.

Anyone but a fucking idiot would have noticed that it was a blowout. In fact every UConn-SC game for the last 4 or 5 years has been an over-hyped one-sided game that was over by halftime

And UConn already plays S Carolina so moving to the SEC would add Miss St. Yeah, that would alter everything. LOL

B13? That's assumes that they play everyone H&H. Do Baylor and Texas play everyone H&H? No. In a 12 team conference Baylor played 18 games, not 22. While 4 games a season against those two would be nice Texas hasn't exactly played UConn tough other than this year. So what you would add is a game vs Baylor who we play a lot anyway.

How about the B10? The ACC? How about 6 road trips to the west coast? That ain't happening.

You keep comparing P5 conferences to the AAC. That's not the issue. What you want are close competitive games and you aren't going to find more than a couple in any conference.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/06/18 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Uconn never lost a big east game either.

PostPosted: 03/06/18 5:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The challenge of conference play isn't the individual matchup, it's the grind. Playing a team that is somewhat decent every weekend for two straight months. Not being able to work on your overall team fundamentals because you needed to spend time in every practice with someone playing the part of the opponent's star player. And, most importantly, not being able to rest your starters much in the latter half of the season even if they are nursing injuries. What UConn has right now is that they are able to space out their high caliber opponents throughout the entire season. They play the bulk of their hard games early when they are fresh. In the last three months, however, Texas, South Carolina and Louisville were their only competitive games. Only Kia Nurse averages more than 28 minutes per game. Meanwhile, South Carolina's conference schedule saw 4 players at 30+. The competition have all just gone through a 3 or 4 game weekend of contact and huge minutes. Uconn, meanwhile, had no player with more than 28 minutes tonight.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/06/18 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Forget UConn. Can someone please put the Jamelle Elloitt era out of its misery at Cincinnati. There is not caring about women's basketball, and there is keeping this going for nine freaking seasons.

Actually Cincinnati has shown some nice improvement the last couple of years (forget against UConn).

They went from 8 wins to 16 wins to 19 wins, and probably a WNIT bid.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/06/18 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Quote:
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- UConn coach Geno Auriemma watched his top-ranked Huskies put on a show at South Carolina that even he couldn't believe.

Kia Nurse had 23 points and Katie Lou Samuelson added 20 as No. 1 UConn routed the defending national champion Gamecocks 83-58 on Thursday night. The demolition included a 29-8 second quarter as the Huskies hit 11 of 18 field goals to turn a tight game into a runaway.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
One thing I love about watching the Huskies is that you get to these big hyped-up games and they turn into such a huge rout that you see that moment when the other team gives up on their own home court. I gotta tell you, it never gets old.

Anyone but a fucking idiot would have noticed that it was a blowout. In fact every UConn-SC game for the last 4 or 5 years has been an over-hyped one-sided game that was over by halftime

And UConn already plays S Carolina so moving to the SEC would add Miss St. Yeah, that would alter everything. LOL

B13? That's assumes that they play everyone H&H. Do Baylor and Texas play everyone H&H? No. In a 12 team conference Baylor played 18 games, not 22. While 4 games a season against those two would be nice Texas hasn't exactly played UConn tough other than this year. So what you would add is a game vs Baylor who we play a lot anyway.

How about the B10? The ACC? How about 6 road trips to the west coast? That ain't happening.

You keep comparing P5 conferences to the AAC. That's not the issue. What you want are close competitive games and you aren't going to find more than a couple in any conference.

That's never been a problem for you- you like to tell me what my issue is. Probably a reaction to being tagged as an OGS sufferer.

Would the 2013 UConn team have lost in the AAC reg season or Tournament as they did in the Big East?

How many of the P5 tournament winners would UConn have beaten playing like they did tonight?

Breaking News: Stewie, MJ, and Tuck are gone, and with them are the days that being in the SEC/ACC/B12/PAC12 wouldn't have resulted in a different W/L record than is produced by playing in a Mid-Major.

Additionally, as a sports fan, I like to see talented competitors. I LIKED watching McCoughtry, Diggins, MacBride, Pondexter, Vaughn, et al. It was fun to beat THEM because there was a chance to lose.

All that's gone now, except when a few of the OOC games land in CT.

But, you'd probably prefer to watch UConn pretty Princeton ball vs the local 6th graders than Texas-Baylor, SCar-MS ST, or Lou-ND tangle anyway.

PostPosted: 03/07/18 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
linkster wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's never been a problem for you- you like to tell me what my issue is. Probably a reaction to being tagged as an OGS sufferer.

Would the 2013 UConn team have lost in the AAC reg season or Tournament as they did in the Big East?

How many of the P5 tournament winners would UConn have beaten playing like they did tonight?

Breaking News: Stewie, MJ, and Tuck are gone, and with them are the days that being in the SEC/ACC/B12/PAC12 wouldn't have resulted in a different W/L record than is produced by playing in a Mid-Major.

Additionally, as a sports fan, I like to see talented competitors. I LIKED watching McCoughtry, Diggins, MacBride, Pondexter, Vaughn, et al. It was fun to beat THEM because there was a chance to lose.

All that's gone now, except when a few of the OOC games land in CT.

But, you'd probably prefer to watch UConn pretty Princeton ball vs the local 6th graders than Texas-Baylor, SCar-MS ST, or Lou-ND tangle anyway.

I have to say, from your original post on down, I have no freaking clue what you are trying to say or what point you are trying to make.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/07/18 12:41 pm    ::: Re: AAC Semi#2: Cincy v #1 CT 3.5.18 7 PM ET ESPN2 Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Mohegan Sun Arena
Uncasville, CT

Yes, I can see why you're confused.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: