RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bubble buster results.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/04/18 3:07 pm    ::: Bubble buster results. Reply Reply with quote

GWU kicks it off by Winning the A10. Dayton will still get a bid, GWU wouldn't have.

Someone lost their bubble spot.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/04/18 3:20 pm    ::: Re: Bubble buster results. Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
GWU kicks it off by Winning the A10. Dayton will still get a bid, GWU wouldn't have.

What has Dayton done to get a bid?

- Amanda Gorman
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/04/18 3:24 pm    ::: Re: Bubble buster results. Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I'm still waiting for an answer to that one too.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/04/18 4:09 pm    ::: Re: Bubble buster results. Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

You can go back to the thread earlier this year about the reality that they were going to have to really reach to fill the 32 at large spots this year.

A 23-6 record, regular season championship, and RPI of 33 gets Dayton in without breaking a sweat. There are going to be a lot worse teams than that in the field.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/04/18 4:14 pm    ::: Re: Bubble buster results. Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

You can go back to the thread earlier this year about the reality that they were going to have to really reach to fill the 32 at large spots this year.

A 23-6 record, regular season championship, and RPI of 33 gets Dayton in without breaking a sweat. There are going to be a lot worse teams than that in the field.

I doubt it. Enough teams have stepped up since the beginning of the season that Dayton is outside of the 32 at-large spots to me.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/04/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

esp. if you look at what that frigging rpi actually represents.

- Amanda Gorman
PRballer

PostPosted: 03/04/18 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dayton gets in based on RPI. The A-10 isn’t a one bid league.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/04/18 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to see coach Rizzotti back in the dance. Should be a short stay as a 14-16 seed.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/04/18 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:

who did they beat that makes them in? What did anybody else in the A10 do to make them a multiple bid conference this year?

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/04/18 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
PRballer wrote:

who did they beat that makes them in? What did anybody else in the A10 do to make them a multiple bid conference this year?

So you think a bunch of crappy P5 teams like USC and Rutgers and UVA belong in instead? Because Creme says they're all in.

Heck Dayton beat UVA and has better numbers in every respect? Who are you going to take? Dayton or UVA?

USC's RPI is 49, they're 20-11, and they beat nobody. Why would they get in ahead of Dayton?

Just as I said in that mid season thread, there are going to be a lot of really shitty at-large teams in this field.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/04/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
PRballer wrote:

So you think a bunch of crappy P5 teams like USC and Rutgers and UVA belong in instead? Because Creme says they're all in.

Heck Dayton beat UVA and has better numbers in every respect? Who are you going to take? Dayton or UVA?

USC's RPI is 49, they're 20-11, and they beat nobody. Why would they get in ahead of Dayton?

Just as I said in that mid season thread, there are going to be a lot of really shitty at-large teams in this field.

Crappy P5 teams deserve to be in over crappier non-P5 teams and Dayton hasn't done anything to prove they aren't better than crappier.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/04/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Crappy P5 teams deserve to be in over crappier non-P5 teams and Dayton hasn't done anything to prove they aren't better than crappier.

Well actually they have.

I understand that you're desperate for crappy teams from the crappiest P5 conference to get in over the A10 regular season champion, but it's not going to happen.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/04/18 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Well actually they have.

I understand that you're desperate for crappy teams from the crappiest P5 conference to get in over the A10 regular season champion, but it's not going to happen.

Since when, by itself, has winning the regular season title in the 12th best conference (RPI, etc) meant or proven anything?

IM in OC

PostPosted: 03/04/18 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Daytons only Top 50 win is vs Virginia who may or may not make the tournament. They have no other significant wins on their resume.
Dayton has 10 wins vs teams whose RPI is close to or over 200. They have one loss to a team whose RPI is 121 in St. Louis

USC has 2 wins over top 50 teams who both will be in the tournament in OSU and ASU.
USC has 6 wins vs teams over 200 RPI
USC has zero bad losses. Their worst loss is to Cal twice at RPI 44.
8 of USC's 11 losses have come to teams with current RPI's of 15 or better. The other 3 are to Cal twice and OSU
USC has basically played the whole season with 6 players.

IMO, that Trumps(hate to use that word nowadays) anything that Dayton has put up.

blaase22

PostPosted: 03/04/18 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep agreed Dayton doesn't make it over usc.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 03/04/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

I'd agree also. Whenever this comes up, I'm always reminded of the Wichita St. volleyball team. Went 27 and 2 their best season. Failed to win their tournament in the championship round. Was never invited that year to the NCAA's. rpi doesn't mean a whole lot to committees, big conferences, money and ratings do.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
blaase22

PostPosted: 03/04/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

I'd agree also. Whenever this comes up, I'm always reminded of the Wichita St. volleyball team. Went 27 and 2 their best season. Failed to win their tournament in the championship round. Was never invited that year to the NCAA's. rpi doesn't mean a whole lot to committees, big conferences, money and ratings do.

Nah its quality wins which matter most.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 03/04/18 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Nah its quality wins which matter most.

That too... Still, a 27-2 or similar record in a smaller conference, no matter which sport, doesn't guarantee you a spot in the big tournament.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Coyotes

PostPosted: 03/04/18 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Daytons only Top 50 win is vs Virginia who may or may not make the tournament. They have no other significant wins on their resume.
Dayton has 10 wins vs teams whose RPI is close to or over 200. They have one loss to a team whose RPI is 121 in St. Louis

USC has 2 wins over top 50 teams who both will be in the tournament in OSU and ASU.
8 of USC's 11 losses have come to teams with current RPI's of 15 or better. The other 3 are to Cal twice and OSU

IMO, that Trumps(hate to use that word nowadays) anything that Dayton has put up.

The only quibble I have with this is that ASU is not a top 50 win. When you take that out of consideration, do you punish a Dayton team for playing in a weaker conference and not having the opportunity to lose to the same teams that Southern Cal did? The biggest difference between the resumes is that loss to St. Louis. Dayton did try to schedule tough in playing some of the best mid-majors in the country in Quinnipiac, South Florida, and Green Bay. Losses to Toledo and St. Louis are concerning, but this is still a very good Dayton squad. I think their H2H win over Virginia helps them as they await the bubble decision.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/04/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
PRballer wrote:

You can look at the 7th and 8th place teams in the SEC & ACC and won't see many impressive wins either but they'll get in by their RPI' & SOS. I say the benefit of any doubt should go to the mid-majors. Everyone looks at their schedules but it isn't so easy to get P5 schools you have a shot at beating play you. And impossible to get them in your house for a game.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 03/04/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In terms of bubble bursting here's what I see as the important results:

Green Bay wins the Horizon League Tournament.
South Dakota State wins the Summitt. (I don't think South Dakota is worthy for an at large.)
Quinnipiac beats Marist or the MAAC may become a two-bid league.
Buffalo or Central Michigan win the MAC.
UConn or South Florida win the American

Jury is still out on the Big East.

Princeton with an RPI of 29, but the loss to Yale and the best win being over Quinnipiac means they are likely on the outside looking in if they lose in the Ivy League Tournament.

The WCC results probably don't matter, as Gonzaga doesn't look like they have enough for an at large.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 03/04/18 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
IM in OC wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
PRballer wrote:

The only quibble I have with this is that ASU is not a top 50 win. When you take that out of consideration, do you punish a Dayton team for playing in a weaker conference and not having the opportunity to lose to the same teams that Southern Cal did? The biggest difference between the resumes is that loss to St. Louis. Dayton did try to schedule tough in playing some of the best mid-majors in the country in Quinnipiac, South Florida, and Green Bay. Losses to Toledo and St. Louis are concerning, but this is still a very good Dayton squad. I think their H2H win over Virginia helps them as they await the bubble decision.

They beat ASU when they were ranked #24 in AP and I am pretty certain their RPI was better than the 52 it is today. Either way ASU is in the tournament and so is OSU. Right now Dayton does not have a win over a team that "is" in and has a bad loss on their record and the loss was late in the season too. Plus the loss to GW, who was 16-13 going into that game and with a 89 RPI. They lost to a 5 seed in the A-10 Tournament and USC lost by 10 to the #2 seed in the Pac12. Which team seems like a better fit to play against the Top 64 teams?

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/05/18 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Nova had their bubble busted last night by Georgetown.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Villanova is still safely in.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/18 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Villanova is still safely in.

I would think both 'nova and creighton will be holding their breaths on Monday because I don't think either are clearly in....other than I guess we have to fill up those 64 slots somehow.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: