RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#7 UNC Takes On #8 UConn Monday In Jimmy V Classic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/06/05 1:57 pm    ::: Re: "Who are all these people?" Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
You mean like when you call someone a fucking asshole for no reason?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes And here you go again. You just can't help yourself, can you? Not only are you a fucking asshole (I called you that because you're the only individual on here who nit picks majority of my posts, so I don't know where the "for no reason" part comes from), you're an imbecile. I told you on multiple occasions to never direct any posts at me again and here you go. You have a serious mental malfunction. So here, I'll spell it out for you:

L-E-A-V-E M-E B-E!

No go do something productive with your life.

Um ... I'll respond to whatever I like. If you are going to get nasty with posters, don't expect to not get called on it.

Again, I ask, who is the fucking asshole? You prove it every time you post.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:01 pm    ::: Re: "Who are all these people?" Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

First off, I don't appreciate rudeness coming from ANYONE, much less a damn Twerp fan. When your team competes for ACC championships annually and goes to the Elite Eight/Final Four on a CONSISTENT basis like Duke has, holla at me. Until then, keep your mouth SHUT.

...Did you not see the game last night? She looked like she was in a funk. Missed layups here, missed rebounds there. I realize that the defense "tried" to key in on her, but she pretty much shot herself in the foot last night. Last year, she would run the floor well and would be the recipient of several sweet dishes from Latta. This season, she looks lost on the court at times. So no, her "stats" don't indicate that she's slumping. However, her play yesterday highlights it loud and clear.

And no, Tolliver isn't where she needs to be in terms of maturation. I was aware of that while watching the Maryland/Gonzaga game. I realize that she's a freshman, but the point guard position is too important to not have a solid mature individual running it....

you're not a rudeness-appreciator? hmmm, never ceases to amaze me how some people fail to take their own advice. Very Happy

oh, when did this become about Duke???? I was under the mistaken impression we were posting about Larkins (UNC last time I checked) and Tolliver (a Terp). oh, stupid me, I remember now...everything's ALWAYS about Duke. *slaps head*

but getting back to Larkins' *slump*, on second thought, you're right, she wasn't worth jack sh!t yesterday. a handful of points, a few rbs, only 4 assists, 3 blocks and 2 steals....she was just taking up valuable real estate last nite and didn't contribute anything to the heels' victory. Rolling Eyes

and you saw tolliver play...was it ONCE...on the tube against Gonzaga...and from that you've anaylzed her game and determined her lack of maturity? hmmm. interesting. I was celebrating Turkey Day with family and missed that game. Sad As a terp STH, I've only gotten to see her play at Comcast. my bad. Rolling Eyes

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At our dinner last night, they came over and made guacamole right in front of you in a stone bowl. Scooped the avocado, added the lime, cilantro it was awesome!

Womens_hoops, you should try!

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:06 pm    ::: Re: "Who are all these people?" Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Um ... I'll respond to whatever I like. If you are going to get nasty with posters, don't expect to not get called on it.

I don't care who else you respond to so long as you're not responding to me. I don't know why you have the compulsive need to respond to my posts. You're like the only one on here who does that (interpret that as you may). I'm so tempted to pull out my DSM to diagnose you, but you're neither worth the time nor energy. You're just a piece of work tapping away in front of a computer screen.

And what are you...a hall monitor? So now it's okay for you to call me out for what I post but not okay to call others out when they initiate the nastiness? You're as fair as they come. Rolling Eyes

What makes you an asshole is the fact that you routinely attack my posts and me for no apparent reason other than to fuss. Well, I don't want to be your "fuss buddy", so stop replying to my posts and find someone else to fuss at.

Mathies to LA 2013
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And the boss lived in Mexico, so he recommended an aged tequila for the margaritas, wow! Unreal and what a wallop!!!!

Last edited by dtsnms on 12/06/05 2:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know you can overwhelmed, and I know you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:16 pm    ::: Re: "Who are all these people?" Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I don't care who else you respond to so long as you're not responding to me. I don't know why you have the compulsive need to respond to my posts. You're like the only one on here who does that (interpret that as you may). I'm so tempted to pull out my DSM to diagnose you, but you're neither worht the time nor energy. You're just a piece of work tapping away in front of a computer screen.

And what are you...a hall monitor? So now it's okay for you to call me out for what I post but not okay to call others out when they initiate the nastiness? You're as fair as they come. Rolling Eyes

What makes you an asshole is the fact that you routinely attack my posts and me for no apparent reason other than to fuss. Well, I don't want to be your "fuss buddy", so stop replying to my posts and find someone else to fuss at.

What the fuck is wrong with you??????

No one else one here has attacked me as a fucking asshole because I disagreed with their post and resisted all temptation to attack them. And no one else does that and then gets all bent out of shape and goes after people even when unprovoked. If you find anyone else who fits that category, let me know.

The DSM???? Are you kidding me? If you knew anything, you would know that is worthless without proper assessment tools and therapeutic sessions. But this is what happens when they let people take PSYCH 100 classes who are clearly not mature enough. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, as they say.

I don't attack your posts to have something to attack. I respond to posts I disagree with. You get real bent out of shape when anyone disagrees with you. That isn't my problem, that's yours. If you can't handle discussions, a discussion board is probably not the best place for you.

And, again, I will respond to any posts I please. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you, then you should leave.

And I am done with this.

Last edited by PUmatty on 12/06/05 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Holy Roman Empire is neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. Discuss.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They had a mariachi band playing, but I dont think they were Mexican. Other than Tequila, everything else sounded like Irish folk tunes or Russian dances. I think it was three guys named Fred from West Hartford personally. Good thing they were missing their accordian player or else we would have heard Lady of Spain

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
They had a mariachi band playing, but I dont think they were Mexican. Other than Tequila, everything else sounded like Irish folk tunes or Russian dances. I think it was three guys named Fred from West Hartford personally. Good thing they were missing their accordian player or else we would have heard Lady of Spain

How would it sound if a marichi band performed Malaguena? Or Carmen?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

How would it sound if a marichi band performed Malaguena? Or Carmen?

The boss yelled to them in Spanish a song to play, and they yelled back "In English!"

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:24 pm    ::: Re: "Who are all these people?" Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
you're not a rudeness-appreciator? hmmm, never ceases to amaze me how some people fail to take their own advice. Very Happy

oh, when did this become about Duke???? I was under the mistaken impression we were posting about Larkins (UNC last time I checked) and Tolliver (a Terp). oh, stupid me, I remember now...everything's ALWAYS about Duke. *slaps head*

but getting back to Larkins' *slump*, on second thought, you're right, she wasn't worth jack sh!t yesterday. a handful of points, a few rbs, only 4 assists, 3 blocks and 2 steals....she was just taking up valuable real estate last nite and didn't contribute anything to the heels' victory. Rolling Eyes

and you saw tolliver play...was it ONCE...on the tube against Gonzaga...and from that you've anaylzed her game and determined her lack of maturity? hmmm. interesting. I was celebrating Turkey Day with family and missed that game. Sad As a terp STH, I've only gotten to see her play at Comcast. my bad. Rolling Eyes

Whenever Maryland fans (whose team is still light-years behind the top team(s) in the ACC) get too big for their britches, it's up to Duke fans to put them in their place. Thought you knew that. Exclamation

BTW, Larkins has an incredible game last night. 7 pts and 6 rebounds in 30 minutes. I guess you were right...she's not slumping at all. Rolling Eyes Bull. In a game of this magnitude, Larkins should've been dynamite. She, however, was rather ordinary. I just don't see all the energy and confidence that she played with last year so far this season.

My thoughts on Tolliver still hold. Playing cupcakes can develop confidence for a young player. However, the PJ tournament showed me enough. Maybe Maryland'll have it all together by the time the ACC season rolls around. If not, you'll learn to hate those pickpocketing ACC guards.

Mathies to LA 2013
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What if Swanson had called their food "radio dinners" instead of TV dinners?"

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW, Larkins has an incredible game last night. 7 pts and 6 rebounds in 30 minutes. I guess you were right...she's not slumping at all. Bull. In a game of this magnitude, Larkins should've been dynamite. She, however, was rather ordinary. I just don't see all the energy and confidence that she played with last year so far this season

Larkins was double-teamed whenever she got the ball. She passed to the open shooter, or made the pass that led to the assist. If this were hockey, she would have had a ton of assists. You can't just judge performance by numbers. Little and Atkinson had great games because of the attention Larkins garnered.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mariachis did a pretty good version of Santana's Evil Ways though. Not exactly what the boss had expected though.

After 4 margaritas it sounded good at least.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Larkins was double-teamed whenever she got the ball. She passed to the open shooter, or made the pass that led to the assist. If this were hockey, she would have had a ton of assists. You can't just judge performance by numbers. Little and Atkinson had great games because of the attention Larkins garnered.

I'm not the one you should be telling that to. I never said that numbers told the whole story. You can tell a great deal about a player from body language and movement on the court.

Mathies to LA 2013
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
The Mariachis did a pretty good version of Santana's Evil Ways though. Not exactly what the boss had expected though.

After 4 margaritas it sounded good at least.

Margarita? Is that my baby momma? Nah, it's still Kink.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I bought three avacados yesterday with the plan of making some guac for the rec league holiday party tomorrow night. It seems strange to me to buy avacados in Minnesota in December, especially at Cub Foods, especially for only a buck. But it says on the label that they're from Mexico.

They aren't ripening the way I'd hoped. I'm not sure they'll be ready by tomorrow.

Aged tequila indeed. I totally heart tequila. There is a tequila place in San Francisco that is so ridiculous. These days when I miss SF, the thing in my head is how I miss going to Tommy's on Friday nights. It's nutty.

My favorite was "Los Valientes." It's not available retail anywhere in the U.S. In Minnesota, Herradura is about the best I can do. Price-conscious, I usually settle for Sauza Hornitos, which isn't wonderful, but it's pretty good, and it's 100% agave, and it's only $20 for a litre.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll find out what we drank last night, since he ordered it by name. The place had 28 different varieties of tequila.

The stone bowl they made the guac in was so heavy it took me two hands to lift it. OF course the little waitress swooped in and picked it up with one and walked away. Embarassed

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

No but if he shits on your back porch run like hell.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 12/06/05 2:47 pm    ::: Re: "Who are all these people?" Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
ripleydc wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
... Larkins is much less durable than Langhorne... and, on top of that, she's sophomore slumping.

...though Tolliver's maturation at the point isn't quite where it needs to be. I'll give her a year. Wink

soph *slump*????!!!!! Larkins? my mother's legally blind, do you suffer from the same disability? Larkins: averaging 11 pts, 6 rbs in 22 minutes so far this season. plus she's got 5 blks and 15 steals. hmmm, sure sounds like a soph slump to me. Shocked

and, thanks for cutting Tolliver some slack. 7 games into her freshman season and she's not a fully mature PG yet. got to agree with you on that one. very insightful. Rolling Eyes

First off, I don't appreciate rudeness coming from ANYONE, much less a damn Twerp fan. When your team competes for ACC championships annually and goes to the Elite Eight/Final Four on a CONSISTENT basis like Duke has, holla at me. Until then, keep your mouth SHUT.

Up until the UConn game, who has UNC played? Arizona State? Okay, who did they play outside of 'Zona State? Podunk U? Lackluster Tech? Peachfuzz St. U? What upper-level ACC forward can't put up decent stats against those teams?

Did you not see the game last night? She looked like she was in a funk. Missed layups here, missed rebounds there. I realize that the defense "tried" to key in on her, but she pretty much shot herself in the foot last night. Last year, she would run the floor well and would be the recipient of several sweet dishes from Latta. This season, she looks lost on the court at times. So no, her "stats" don't indicate that she's slumping. However, her play yesterday highlights it loud and clear.

And no, Tolliver isn't where she needs to be in terms of maturation. I was aware of that while watching the Maryland/Gonzaga game. I realize that she's a freshman, but the point guard position is too important to not have a solid mature individual running it. I guess that's what Frese gets for trying to convert a two-guard into a point.

To me, Larkins looked OK last night... UCONN was terrible and played even worse, so it's not like Larkins needed to play that sharp. She also got injured late.

Latta looked great as usual. With the success of Temeka Johnson in WAS, teams won't be scared off at Latta's height Idea

ripleydc

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:02 pm    ::: Re: "Who are all these people?" Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

My thoughts on Tolliver still hold. Playing cupcakes can develop confidence for a young player. However, the PJ tournament showed me enough. Maybe Maryland'll have it all together by the time the ACC season rolls around. If not, you'll learn to hate those pickpocketing ACC guards.

and what "thoughts" were those? ...the one were you said she isn't a fully *mature* PG?

knock knock anybody home? SHE'S A FRESHMAN with all of maybe 7 games to her credit. She NOT a fully MATURE player yet. Did I say she was the best PG in the ACC? No. Will Harding and Latta and others give her trouble during the ACC run? yes. but who (but you) expects a freshman to burst from the womb of her high schools years into the big time fully *mature*?

Tolliver's already better than Smith who graduated. she has talent and more importantly she has potential. MD doesn't have anyone better to play the point. (and that's really the key here.) MD will have to go with tolliver, mature or not. she will have to learn on the job. she'll make mistakes, but she's a gamer and will, as the season goes on and as the years go by, get better and better. and along the way, she'll be picking her share of ACC pockets.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

we had this cheese and sausage appetizer and skewered shrimp. Then the steak I had was served with Yucca fries on the side, and a salsa flavored ketchup.

No signs of bears though.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't talk about my Larkins. Evil or Very Mad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: