RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big East 2/23/18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/23/18 9:27 am    ::: Big East 2/23/18 Reply Reply with quote

What do you mean this is the last weekend of games Senior Days are in two days aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahem. That is to say, top half of the conference all in action, top seeds all still in play, teams fighting for their tournament lives:

Creighton @ Georgetown 11AM
Marquette @ Seton Hall 7PM
DePaul @ St. John's 7PM
Providence @ Villanova 7PM

All games available via Big East Digital Network, online or through the Fox Sports Go app.

Marquette Fan, what's the word on King?

PostPosted: 02/23/18 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just came on here to create this and see you've already got it handled Queenie - thanks Smile.

King is fine - she apparently hurt her ankle and not her knee like a bunch of us originally feared - it looked like she was grabbing at her knee and they carried her off the court. She actually ended up returning to Sunday's game and looked fine. Blockton and Hiedeman get most of the attention for MU but I think King is the glue for the team and I really feared losing her. She is a great leader who isn't afraid to call out teammates if need be and does so many little things well.

Last week felt so early to have senior day but then again Butler had theirs 2/11 against MU which is super early. Big last weekend - I'm rooting for St. John's tonight but not on Sunday of course Smile. It would help MU a bit if Creighton lost twice but I'm not sure that will happen and that's just for MU winning a tiebreaker for BET seeding if they tie with DePaul. And I'm not sure it really matters if MU is a 1 or 2 seed in the tourney. Getting at least a share of the regular season conference title would be cool for MU but I really worry about the St. John's game and a slip up against Seton Hall is possible also.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/23/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creighton started out on fire from 3 point range and went up 12-0. Creighton's field goals through one quarter have all been 3's but Georgetown overcame the early deficit and has a 20-19 lead after the first quarter.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/23/18 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Georgetown built up a big lead which was good as Creighton was able to really cut into the lead in the last few minutes. Georgetown gets the win 70-67.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/23/18 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In a low scoring game so far, DePaul is leading 29-25 at halftime at St. John's.

Marquette holds a 41-28 halftime lead at Seton Hall.

And not surprisingly Villanova is up big over Providence at the half - 43-19. If they win this one, that makes the Creighton at Villanova game on Sunday the battle for 3rd place in the Big East.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/23/18 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was a scary, scary fall from Chante Stonewall in the first quarter at St. John's. I think the last time I heard a thud that loud was when Rebecca Lobo tore her ACL. Somehow, Stonewall not only got up, but passed concussion protocol and got back in the game.

It's 29-25 DePaul at half. DePaul's attack is more balanced, and two fouls on both starting posts for St. John's does not bode well for the Red Storm. No kidding, we actually ran a five-guard set at one point. Okay, technically Akina Wellere is a guard/forward, but still. Tiana England has 11 for the Johnnies; Mart'e Grays has 10 for the Blue Demons.

Meanwhile in South Orange, it looks like Marquette is spanking Seton Hall. Looking at the stats, I'm very glad I'm not in South Orange. 1, it's a pain in the ass to get home from; 2, Seton Hall is losing by 13; 3, Natisha Hiedeman is kicking ass, which means there may be some... ah, less than charming remarks from less than charming elements... in the stands.

PostPosted: 02/23/18 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
There was a scary, scary fall from Chante Stonewall in the first quarter at St. John's. I think the last time I heard a thud that loud was when Rebecca Lobo tore her ACL. Somehow, Stonewall not only got up, but passed concussion protocol and got back in the game.

It's 29-25 DePaul at half. DePaul's attack is more balanced, and two fouls on both starting posts for St. John's does not bode well for the Red Storm. No kidding, we actually ran a five-guard set at one point. Okay, technically Akina Wellere is a guard/forward, but still. Tiana England has 11 for the Johnnies; Mart'e Grays has 10 for the Blue Demons.

Meanwhile in South Orange, it looks like Marquette is spanking Seton Hall. Looking at the stats, I'm very glad I'm not in South Orange. 1, it's a pain in the ass to get home from; 2, Seton Hall is losing by 13; 3, Natisha Hiedeman is kicking ass, which means there may be some... ah, less than charming remarks from less than charming elements... in the stands.

Glad to hear Stonewall appeared to be ok coming back in the game.

Come on St. John's - pull off the upset of DePaul.

Don't worry - there's still time for Marquette to blow it - they can never seem to put teams away.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/23/18 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whoever updates the standings on the BE WBB site is asleep tonight - they gave Providence a win and Villanova a loss tonight - Villanova won 70-43.

DePaul beat St. John's 67-54 tonight.

Marquette pulls away in the second half and wins 81-54 at Seton Hall.

Georgetown locked up the 6 seed and a first round bye with their win and Seton Hall loss today (this is according to a GT tweet). I guess that means that St. John's will be the 5 seed. The winner of Creighton at Villanova will finish 3rd and the loser will finish 4th.

Marquette and DePaul are tied for the conference lead at 14-3. If they both win Sunday, the tiebreaker for conference tourney seeding will depend on the Creighton-Villanova game result. If Creighton finishes 3rd in the BE, DePaul wins a tiebreaker over MU and if Villanova finishes 3rd in the BE, Marquette wins a tiebreaker over DePaul. Marquette has the harder game on Sunday - at St. John's while DePaul is at Seton Hall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: