RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

A lot of height at Oregon State next year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 02/22/18 7:39 am    ::: A lot of height at Oregon State next year Reply Reply with quote

They already have 6'8" junior (and junior college transfer) Joanna Grymek. And they have a 6'7" and 6'9" coming in the fall. I guess both recruits think they are the one that will be the starter. We'll see if they both make it 4 years at OSU.

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/22/18 9:32 am    ::: Re: A lot of height at Oregon State next year Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
They already have 6'8" junior (and junior college transfer) Joanna Grymek. And they have a 6'7" and 6'9" coming in the fall. I guess both recruits think they are the one that will be the starter. We'll see if they both make it 4 years at OSU.

WOW! And they have en elite PG to get them the ball.

ClayK

PostPosted: 02/22/18 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And he's an excellent coach.

Oregon is also picking up a lot of talent. The Pac-12 is finally getting to the level of the other top conferences.

PostPosted: 02/22/18 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the PAC has spread the talent but when they can win more than 1 OOC game, I will tout the PAC as getting to that level. We have not done very well in that department this year.

Phil

PostPosted: 02/22/18 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
And he's an excellent coach.

Oregon is also picking up a lot of talent. The Pac-12 is finally getting to the level of the other top conferences.

I think it reached that a few years ago.

They still suffer from exposure (lack thereof) due to late start times, but I've felt that PAC 12 has been the top or one of the top 3 for some time.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/22/18 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Depends on how mobile they are. Perhaps he'll play them together some. Oregon essentially plays two fives, so it's not impossible. But chances are one of them will end up being end of bench material.

I'm in search of a top 20 6'6" or over with a brain for Stanford. Let me know if you find one. Wink

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 02/24/18 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn. Well, if the 2 Oregon schools don't totally dominate the Pac 12, shame on Scott and Kelly! Shocked

PostPosted: 02/25/18 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just imagine for defensive purposes at the end of the game Oregon St putting in 6'7", 6'8' and 6'9" on their front line for the final play.

I think the 6'7" seven incoming player see's herself as a forward and not a center. Kind of like 6'4"Sabally see's herself as a wing. They could play together. And the best thing is they could go against each other in practice. Best case scenario if they have designs on the next level.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/25/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The listed 6'7" player, Patricia Morris, is not rated as a top 100 recruit by ESPN, but they do have her 38th at her position. They don't list a position, but someone making notes at some tournament refers to her as a "mobile low-post prospect" with potential. The listed 6'9" inch player, Andrea Aquino, is from Paraguay (and played soccer while young) and has lived a short time in the USA in New Jersey and Los Angeles. She is the #6 rated recruit and #2 at her position. Based on that she will be the starter. If the 6'7" Morris can play power forward, I think she would be the first ever in WBB to do that. It is a hard task for 6'7" players to even play center well.

Aquino and Griner:

LitePal

PostPosted: 02/26/18 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aquino is still very much a project. Rueck is a great coach and she could develop outside of the glare of LA.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 02/26/18 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think her not making the McDonalds game could be a sign that Aquino isn't very good. While Griner might have been a game changer there's also players like Allyssa Dehaan, Felicia Aiyeotan, and Nancy Mulkey who haven't set the world on fire.
LitePal

PostPosted: 02/26/18 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was a lot of buzz about her coming to Ribet and everyone was excited to see her. I think people have been very disappointed. A 6'9" player should average more than 10 points 6 rebounds a game in high school and her team should be doing better than it is.

She is absolutely not a Griner or even a Russell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: