RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Lynetta Kizer

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1031



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 2:13 pm    ::: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

So the other day, I heard about an ugly rumor regarding Lynetta Kizer’s time with the Connecticut Sun last year. I personally don’t believe the rumor at all and it is one of those things that could be damaging to a reputation.

The rumor stated that Kizer’s constant back pain that caused her to miss many games with the Sun last year was bogus, made up by her because she was unhappy being traded to Connecticut, unhappy she went from being mostly a starter with Indiana to mostly a bench player with the Sun. The rumor also stated that she lied about the backpain so she could just pretty much sit most of the season out to rest and instead of actually officially taking the season off to rest, she wanted to stay on contract so she’d get paid, and knowing that she was only under contract for the one season with CT and would leave after the season was over. It also stats that once the WNBA season ended, she started playing overseas without any apparent back issues whatsoever.

Like I said, I don’t believe the rumor to have any ounce of truth to it but I just wanted to share it with you all in case anyone here may have any insight to it.

I wasn’t even going to mention it because it’s not something I would want to get around about anyone in the league, but considering that there have been a lot of players in the past unhappy playing in Uncasville, I just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this....


Wiseone1



Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 228



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 2:21 pm    ::: Re: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
So the other day, I heard about an ugly rumor regarding Lynetta Kizer’s time with the Connecticut Sun last year. I personally don’t believe the rumor at all and it is one of those things that could be damaging to a reputation.

The rumor stated that Kizer’s constant back pain that caused her to miss many games with the Sun last year was bogus, made up by her because she was unhappy being traded to Connecticut, unhappy she went from being mostly a starter with Indiana to mostly a bench player with the Sun. The rumor also stated that she lied about the backpain so she could just pretty much sit most of the season out to rest and instead of actually officially taking the season off to rest, she wanted to stay on contract so she’d get paid, and knowing that she was only under contract for the one season with CT and would leave after the season was over. It also stats that once the WNBA season ended, she started playing overseas without any apparent back issues whatsoever.

Like I said, I don’t believe the rumor to have any ounce of truth to it but I just wanted to share it with you all in case anyone here may have any insight to it.

I wasn’t even going to mention it because it’s not something I would want to get around about anyone in the league, but considering that there have been a lot of players in the past unhappy playing in Uncasville, I just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this....




Right. Just a rumor so why spread it. Check with the medical staff and it can be confirmed. Shame on you. You bitter she didn't resign with Conn..?


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1031



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 2:28 pm    ::: Re: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
So the other day, I heard about an ugly rumor regarding Lynetta Kizer’s time with the Connecticut Sun last year. I personally don’t believe the rumor at all and it is one of those things that could be damaging to a reputation.

The rumor stated that Kizer’s constant back pain that caused her to miss many games with the Sun last year was bogus, made up by her because she was unhappy being traded to Connecticut, unhappy she went from being mostly a starter with Indiana to mostly a bench player with the Sun. The rumor also stated that she lied about the backpain so she could just pretty much sit most of the season out to rest and instead of actually officially taking the season off to rest, she wanted to stay on contract so she’d get paid, and knowing that she was only under contract for the one season with CT and would leave after the season was over. It also stats that once the WNBA season ended, she started playing overseas without any apparent back issues whatsoever.

Like I said, I don’t believe the rumor to have any ounce of truth to it but I just wanted to share it with you all in case anyone here may have any insight to it.

I wasn’t even going to mention it because it’s not something I would want to get around about anyone in the league, but considering that there have been a lot of players in the past unhappy playing in Uncasville, I just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this....




Right. Just a rumor so why spread it. Check with the medical staff and it can be confirmed. Shame on you. You bitter she didn't resign with Conn..?


Shame on me for what? I wanted to know if anyone else heard about it and if it was possibly true or not. And no I’m not bitter she didn’t re-sign with Connecticut. She was of no real value last year to them because she hardly ever played and she wasn’t even needed this coming season because they had Ogwumike returning. I heard that the Sun didn’t persue re-signing her.


justinabina



Joined: 19 May 2014
Posts: 132



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't entertain this rumour, since you don't believe it. (I certainly don't.) It'll only induce bad feelings, and there's no value in those bad feelings.

Don't indulge people spreading rumours.


Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2250
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Asking about a rumor you view is "ugly"--that you think could be damaging to someone's reputation--only spreads the rumor. That should never happen.



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. In recent years, she has served as a vice president of the NCAA focusing on women's basketball championships.
Wiseone1



Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 228



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:05 pm    ::: Re: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
So the other day, I heard about an ugly rumor regarding Lynetta Kizer’s time with the Connecticut Sun last year. I personally don’t believe the rumor at all and it is one of those things that could be damaging to a reputation.

The rumor stated that Kizer’s constant back pain that caused her to miss many games with the Sun last year was bogus, made up by her because she was unhappy being traded to Connecticut, unhappy she went from being mostly a starter with Indiana to mostly a bench player with the Sun. The rumor also stated that she lied about the backpain so she could just pretty much sit most of the season out to rest and instead of actually officially taking the season off to rest, she wanted to stay on contract so she’d get paid, and knowing that she was only under contract for the one season with CT and would leave after the season was over. It also stats that once the WNBA season ended, she started playing overseas without any apparent back issues whatsoever.

Like I said, I don’t believe the rumor to have any ounce of truth to it but I just wanted to share it with you all in case anyone here may have any insight to it.

I wasn’t even going to mention it because it’s not something I would want to get around about anyone in the league, but considering that there have been a lot of players in the past unhappy playing in Uncasville, I just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this....




Right. Just a rumor so why spread it. Check with the medical staff and it can be confirmed. Shame on you. You bitter she didn't resign with Conn..?


Shame on me for what? I wanted to know if anyone else heard about it and if it was possibly true or not. And no I’m not bitter she didn’t re-sign with Connecticut. She was of no real value last year to them because she hardly ever played and she wasn’t even needed this coming season because they had Ogwumike returning. I heard that the Sun didn’t persue re-signing her.


Wrong!!! They began persung son as the season ended. Didn't play due to her injury. Get your facts straight before you come on here posting incorrect info.


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1031



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Asking about a rumor you view is "ugly" only spreads the rumor. That should never happen.


It happens all the time dude. Even on this website. This is a WNBA forum to discuss anything and all things about the WNBA. This is something that I heard and I want to know if anyone else heard the same thing. It’s the same thing as when everyone on here was saying Taurasi was faking multiple injuries all season long so her team would lose and tank to get Griner.

That was an ugly rumor as well and was never proven to be true or not. I’m simply asking if anyone else heard THIS rumor.


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1031



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:17 pm    ::: Re: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
So the other day, I heard about an ugly rumor regarding Lynetta Kizer’s time with the Connecticut Sun last year. I personally don’t believe the rumor at all and it is one of those things that could be damaging to a reputation.

The rumor stated that Kizer’s constant back pain that caused her to miss many games with the Sun last year was bogus, made up by her because she was unhappy being traded to Connecticut, unhappy she went from being mostly a starter with Indiana to mostly a bench player with the Sun. The rumor also stated that she lied about the backpain so she could just pretty much sit most of the season out to rest and instead of actually officially taking the season off to rest, she wanted to stay on contract so she’d get paid, and knowing that she was only under contract for the one season with CT and would leave after the season was over. It also stats that once the WNBA season ended, she started playing overseas without any apparent back issues whatsoever.

Like I said, I don’t believe the rumor to have any ounce of truth to it but I just wanted to share it with you all in case anyone here may have any insight to it.

I wasn’t even going to mention it because it’s not something I would want to get around about anyone in the league, but considering that there have been a lot of players in the past unhappy playing in Uncasville, I just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this....




Right. Just a rumor so why spread it. Check with the medical staff and it can be confirmed. Shame on you. You bitter she didn't resign with Conn..?


Shame on me for what? I wanted to know if anyone else heard about it and if it was possibly true or not. And no I’m not bitter she didn’t re-sign with Connecticut. She was of no real value last year to them because she hardly ever played and she wasn’t even needed this coming season because they had Ogwumike returning. I heard that the Sun didn’t persue re-signing her.


Wrong!!! They began persung son as the season ended. Didn't play due to her injury. Get your facts straight before you come on here posting incorrect info.


For one thing, they DID NOT persue her as the season ended. She was brought on to be a replacement for the injured Ogwumike, as insurance. So dude, get YOUR facts straight because you have zero clue. I talk to Amber Cox all the time and she even stated that Kizer was brought in just to fill in for Ogwumike for the season. She also told me months ago about Pedersen retiring after the season, which is why I knew she wasn’t returning after someone here said she was re-signed a week or so ago. I have my facts in order thank you.


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1031



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:20 pm    ::: Re: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
So the other day, I heard about an ugly rumor regarding Lynetta Kizer’s time with the Connecticut Sun last year. I personally don’t believe the rumor at all and it is one of those things that could be damaging to a reputation.

The rumor stated that Kizer’s constant back pain that caused her to miss many games with the Sun last year was bogus, made up by her because she was unhappy being traded to Connecticut, unhappy she went from being mostly a starter with Indiana to mostly a bench player with the Sun. The rumor also stated that she lied about the backpain so she could just pretty much sit most of the season out to rest and instead of actually officially taking the season off to rest, she wanted to stay on contract so she’d get paid, and knowing that she was only under contract for the one season with CT and would leave after the season was over. It also stats that once the WNBA season ended, she started playing overseas without any apparent back issues whatsoever.

Like I said, I don’t believe the rumor to have any ounce of truth to it but I just wanted to share it with you all in case anyone here may have any insight to it.

I wasn’t even going to mention it because it’s not something I would want to get around about anyone in the league, but considering that there have been a lot of players in the past unhappy playing in Uncasville, I just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this....




Right. Just a rumor so why spread it. Check with the medical staff and it can be confirmed. Shame on you. You bitter she didn't resign with Conn..?


Shame on me for what? I wanted to know if anyone else heard about it and if it was possibly true or not. And no I’m not bitter she didn’t re-sign with Connecticut. She was of no real value last year to them because she hardly ever played and she wasn’t even needed this coming season because they had Ogwumike returning. I heard that the Sun didn’t persue re-signing her.


Wrong!!! They began persung son as the season ended. Didn't play due to her injury. Get your facts straight before you come on here posting incorrect info.


Anyways, I’m not interested in getting into a pissing match with someone who clearly does not live up to their own screen name.


Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2250
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Asking about a rumor you view is "ugly" only spreads the rumor. That should never happen.


It happens all the time dude. Even on this website. This is a WNBA forum to discuss anything and all things about the WNBA. This is something that I heard and I want to know if anyone else heard the same thing. It’s the same thing as when everyone on here was saying Taurasi was faking multiple injuries all season long so her team would lose and tank to get Griner.

That was an ugly rumor as well and was never proven to be true or not. I’m simply asking if anyone else heard THIS rumor.


You are correct. It happens all the time. Even on this website. And it's wrong. Especially wrong when it's a rumor you yourself have called "ugly" and possibly damaging to her reputation. Especially wrong when people who don't use real names post ugly rumors about people who do.



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. In recent years, she has served as a vice president of the NCAA focusing on women's basketball championships.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16350



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mods, I think thread should be locked or deleted. This is completely based on hearsay and rumors. But that's just my opinion.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2250
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
mods, I think thread should be locked or deleted. This is completely based on hearsay and rumors. But that's just my opinion.


Great suggestion. Completely agree. Deleting the thread seems right.



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. In recent years, she has served as a vice president of the NCAA focusing on women's basketball championships.
justinabina



Joined: 19 May 2014
Posts: 132



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
toad455 wrote:
mods, I think thread should be locked or deleted. This is completely based on hearsay and rumors. But that's just my opinion.


Great suggestion. Completely agree. Deleting the thread seems right.


Agreed.

If you have access to an insider like Amber Cox, I’d just ask her. Much better than continuing to spread unkind and slanderous gossip.


Wiseone1



Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 228



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 4:41 pm    ::: Re: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
So the other day, I heard about an ugly rumor regarding Lynetta Kizer’s time with the Connecticut Sun last year. I personally don’t believe the rumor at all and it is one of those things that could be damaging to a reputation.

The rumor stated that Kizer’s constant back pain that caused her to miss many games with the Sun last year was bogus, made up by her because she was unhappy being traded to Connecticut, unhappy she went from being mostly a starter with Indiana to mostly a bench player with the Sun. The rumor also stated that she lied about the backpain so she could just pretty much sit most of the season out to rest and instead of actually officially taking the season off to rest, she wanted to stay on contract so she’d get paid, and knowing that she was only under contract for the one season with CT and would leave after the season was over. It also stats that once the WNBA season ended, she started playing overseas without any apparent back issues whatsoever.

Like I said, I don’t believe the rumor to have any ounce of truth to it but I just wanted to share it with you all in case anyone here may have any insight to it.

I wasn’t even going to mention it because it’s not something I would want to get around about anyone in the league, but considering that there have been a lot of players in the past unhappy playing in Uncasville, I just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this....




Right. Just a rumor so why spread it. Check with the medical staff and it can be confirmed. Shame on you. You bitter she didn't resign with Conn..?


Shame on me for what? I wanted to know if anyone else heard about it and if it was possibly true or not. And no I’m not bitter she didn’t re-sign with Connecticut. She was of no real value last year to them because she hardly ever played and she wasn’t even needed this coming season because they had Ogwumike returning. I heard that the Sun didn’t persue re-signing her.


Wrong!!! They began persung son as the season ended. Didn't play due to her injury. Get your facts straight before you come on here posting incorrect info.


For one thing, they DID NOT persue her as the season ended. She was brought on to be a replacement for the injured Ogwumike, as insurance. So dude, get YOUR facts straight because you have zero clue. I talk to Amber Cox all the time and she even stated that Kizer was brought in just to fill in for Ogwumike for the season. She also told me months ago about Pedersen retiring after the season, which is why I knew she wasn’t returning after someone here said she was re-signed a week or so ago. I have my facts in order thank you.


Lynetta is a relative and I know Amber as well from her days in Phoenix. Don't think she would appreciate you spreading false rumors using her name. Agree . Please lock this thread.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6950
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
mods, I think thread should be locked or deleted. This is completely based on hearsay and rumors. But that's just my opinion.

While I agree that it is hearsay and rumors (and bad ones at that), do we really want moderation of theses types of posts? A good deal of what is posted here is repeating rumors or total speculation based on little to no fact. That is what fan forums do. IMO the best response is what we have here, other posters stepping up and calling a spade a spade.

What is acceptable rumor or speculation and what is not would seem to be a very murky question with no bright-line test.

On a side note, this is another example of how an improved software that had some sort of reputation system would be beneficial.



_________________
Covfefe when the walls fell.
bballgrl



Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Posts: 3246



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A rumor is just that, there is no positive truth about the rumor so why spread the whole thing on here.


#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1302



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do people really care about Kizer or is this just bad blood towards Aye mate? I’ve seen posters go out there way just to “out” players on this board, asking a question about a fake injury isn’t that bad.
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1031



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Do people really care about Kizer or is this just bad blood towards Aye mate? I’ve seen posters go out there way just to “out” players on this board, asking a question about a fake injury isn’t that bad.


Don’t sweat it. I was only asking people if they heard about it. Everyone here who has slammed me for posting this are complete hypocrites, as they’ve partaken in discussions based on rumors here many times in the past. Oh, and if mods delete or lock this thread, they better be prepared to delete and lock a whole lotta threads that also mention any rumor about the WNBA and its players from the beginning when this site was created. And yes, it’s only certain people that are coming for me because they may not like me. I could careless about that. I’m sure if someone else besides me made this thread, it would be fine with everyone. Just shows you what the atmosphere of this website is like.


miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1039



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She dealt with back issues at Indiana too and those can really drag on.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6097
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Do people really care about Kizer or is this just bad blood towards Aye mate? I’ve seen posters go out there way just to “out” players on this board, asking a question about a fake injury isn’t that bad.


Don’t sweat it. I was only asking people if they heard about it. Everyone here who has slammed me for posting this are complete hypocrites, as they’ve partaken in discussions based on rumors here many times in the past. Oh, and if mods delete or lock this thread, they better be prepared to delete and lock a whole lotta threads that also mention any rumor about the WNBA and its players from the beginning when this site was created. And yes, it’s only certain people that are coming for me because they may not like me. I could careless about that. I’m sure if someone else besides me made this thread, it would be fine with everyone. Just shows you what the atmosphere of this website is like.


Preach Mate !



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume that both Ay Mate and Lynetta Kizer are acting in good faith.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
Pureformofthegame



Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 446
Location: Raleigh, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Pursue"


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18215



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume that both Ay Mate and Lynetta Kizer are acting in good faith.

My 2 cents, as a general rule I don't like locking threads or deleting posts. There's a line, but IMO this doesn't cross it. It crosses the line of taste, but that's just my opinion. People's mileage may vary on that one. I also think that most people here are pretty good when it comes to the "consider the source" check of how credible a so-called rumour might be, or how prone a particular poster might be to stirring up drama.

I got a good laugh out of the line "I’m not interested in getting into a pissing match with someone who clearly does not live up to their own screen name." coming from a person on their nth user account and 3rd supposed nationality, so the thread hasn't been a total loss for me.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Speebs56



Joined: 19 Aug 2015
Posts: 73
Location: Orange county, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
"Pursue"


Thank you. Was driving me nuts. Shocked


sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5990
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

I got a good laugh out of the line "I’m not interested in getting into a pissing match with someone who clearly does not live up to their own screen name." coming from a person on their nth user account and 3rd supposed nationality, so the thread hasn't been a total loss for me.


Speaking of which, why is having multiple accounts here allowed? Why Whitemateluvsmartinis feels the need to keep getting reincarnated doesn't matter to me, I just find it interesting because this is generally frowned upon in most online communities.


blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3714
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I got a good laugh out of the line "I’m not interested in getting into a pissing match with someone who clearly does not live up to their own screen name." coming from a person on their nth user account and 3rd supposed nationality, so the thread hasn't been a total loss for me.


Speaking of which, why is having multiple accounts here allowed? Why Whitemateluvsmartinis feels the need to keep getting reincarnated doesn't matter to me, I just find it interesting because this is generally frowned upon in most online communities.

One for each of it's personalities perhaps?


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nope, haven't heard anything like this. Chinese season didn't start until November so that's months of rehab available.




Last edited by Nerd2 on 02/20/18 2:57 am; edited 2 times in total
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8223
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The interesting part to me is that she was upset about moving to a team where she was most likely getting a limited bench role and then when she is able to sign with any team she wants, she choose to sign with a team she isn’t going to start for or get large amounts of minutes...

So I think I’ll pass on this.


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/18 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
The interesting part to me is that she was upset about moving to a team where she was most likely getting a limited bench role and then when she is able to sign with any team she wants, she choose to sign with a team she isn’t going to start for or get large amounts of minutes...

So I think I’ll pass on this.


Never been to Uncasville, have you? It is a casino complex in the middle of nowhere. Not saying yes or no to the rumor but it is definitely not a place some people would like being traded to.


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8223
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/18 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
The interesting part to me is that she was upset about moving to a team where she was most likely getting a limited bench role and then when she is able to sign with any team she wants, she choose to sign with a team she isn’t going to start for or get large amounts of minutes...

So I think I’ll pass on this.


Never been to Uncasville, have you? It is a casino complex in the middle of nowhere. Not saying yes or no to the rumor but it is definitely not a place some people would like being traded to.


I’m not saying she wasn’t unhappy being in Uncasville. I’m saying I don’t buy the fake an injury/new role being the problem.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18215



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/18 2:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Speaking of which, why is having multiple accounts here allowed?
...
I just find it interesting because this is generally frowned upon in most online communities.

Short answer: I don't know. This place has never really been big on formal rules.
If someone gets banned then it does seem silly to allow them back under another name though.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/18 2:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
The interesting part to me is that she was upset about moving to a team where she was most likely getting a limited bench role and then when she is able to sign with any team she wants, she choose to sign with a team she isn’t going to start for or get large amounts of minutes...

So I think I’ll pass on this.


Never been to Uncasville, have you? It is a casino complex in the middle of nowhere. Not saying yes or no to the rumor but it is definitely not a place some people would like being traded to.


I’m not saying she wasn’t unhappy being in Uncasville. I’m saying I don’t buy the fake an injury/new role being the problem.


Totally agree.


Pureformofthegame



Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 446
Location: Raleigh, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/18 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Pursue"


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22491



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Speaking of which, why is having multiple accounts here allowed?
...
I just find it interesting because this is generally frowned upon in most online communities.

Short answer: I don't know. This place has never really been big on formal rules.
If someone gets banned then it does seem silly to allow them back under another name though.


I dunno. I believe in second chances. I assume it takes a lot to get banned? Like personal attacks? So maybe he/she learned enough from the first time around. And we pretty much all post questions/rumors at some time or the other and all have favorites and least favorites. We're just fans. And some other posters annoy us. It's just part of the repartee. So I don't see what the big deal is... or as someone on here once said, 'don't get your panties in a twist'.

But now I'm intrigued. Maybe I'll sign up with another name and get really nasty and annoy everyone! Wink



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/18 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Speaking of which, why is having multiple accounts here allowed?
...
I just find it interesting because this is generally frowned upon in most online communities.

Short answer: I don't know. This place has never really been big on formal rules.
If someone gets banned then it does seem silly to allow them back under another name though.


I dunno. I believe in second chances. I assume it takes a lot to get banned? Like personal attacks? So maybe he/she learned enough from the first time around. And we pretty much all post questions/rumors at some time or the other and all have favorites and least favorites. We're just fans. And some other posters annoy us. It's just part of the repartee. So I don't see what the big deal is... or as someone on here once said, 'don't get your panties in a twist'.

But now I'm intrigued. Maybe I'll sign up with another name and get really nasty and annoy everyone! Wink


In this case, the poster was using two identities at the same time and posting within minutes in the same thread. And seeing as this entire thread was started by a third identity that people are complaining acts the same as the last two, I'd say the behavior has not changed.

I'm not going to take sides on whether the rumor was appropriate to post or not, just giving context on this part of the thread.


sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5990
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/18 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

But now I'm intrigued. Maybe I'll sign up with another name and get really nasty and annoy everyone! Wink


I would do the same, but I annoy people enough with this account.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18215



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The FFO account was gold (IMO anyway), so on that basis alone I don't think alternate accounts are necessarily bad. I'd obviously rather they were used for good (eg. humour or insider info) than evil though.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10178
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/18 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm curious where the original poster (Ay Mate) heard this rumor? Was it through Alan Barcoff of WNBA Fan's Page on Facebook?

If so, I would be dubious with the source, since he has gotten more than a few bum tips over the years, despite that he claims that so many WNBA players are his "good friend". Rolling Eyes



_________________
"My mechanic told me, 'I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder'." - comedian Steven Wright
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1031



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/18 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
I'm curious where the original poster (Ay Mate) heard this rumor? Was it through Alan Barcoff of WNBA Fan's Page on Facebook?

If so, I would be dubious with the source, since he has gotten more than a few bum tips over the years, despite that he claims that so many WNBA players are his "good friend". Rolling Eyes


It was from a friend of mine who works as an usher at Mohegan Sun arena. He told me about it when I was visiting family up there. That’s why I wondered if it might have been true since she works there.


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/18 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

n usher? You’re source is an usher. Okay. That
Makes things clearer


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1031



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/18 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
n usher? You’re source is an usher. Okay. That
Makes things clearer


My usher friend said she heard it from some team employees. So no, the usher is NOT the source, she just passed it along to me.


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/18 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
n usher? You’re source is an usher. Okay. That
Makes things clearer


My usher friend said she heard it from some team employees. So no, the usher is NOT the source, she just passed it along to me.


And instead of going to Amber Cox, you bring it out in public? Well, ok. Tell your usher friend that this has been verified false. And, that she might want to report those team employees as troublemakers.


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/18 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
n usher? You’re source is an usher. Okay. That
Makes things clearer


My usher friend said she heard it from some team employees. So no, the usher is NOT the source, she just passed it along to me.


Got it. An usher heard from a team employee. A team employee who told the usher, that was willing to betray a trust and risk their job to tell an usher team business, that Kizer faked it and cost herself probably $40,000 this season by sitting out.

I understand much clearer now. Thanks.

Got it.


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
n usher? You’re source is an usher. Okay. That
Makes things clearer


My usher friend said she heard it from some team employees. So no, the usher is NOT the source, she just passed it along to me.


Got it. An usher heard from a team employee. A team employee who told the usher, that was willing to betray a trust and risk their job to tell an usher team business, that Kizer faked it and cost herself probably $40,000 this season by sitting out.

I understand much clearer now. Thanks.

Got it.


Not to mention that the team employee told the usher that she was able to play overseas with no issue. Except the Chinese season started in November and how would a Mohegan Sun usher still be interacting with Sun employees so long after the season? It is not at all unreasonable for a back injury to be still healing in September but healed enough a month later.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18215



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/18 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 16930
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/23/18 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
The FFO account was gold (IMO anyway), so on that basis alone I don't think alternate accounts are necessarily bad. I'd obviously rather they were used for good (eg. humour or insider info) than evil though.


I miss FFO...


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47800



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/23/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe these “team employees” are just paranoid because of the trend of Connecticut players like Charles, Lawson, Bone, wanting to sit out playing or act in a way so they’d get traded to another team because they weren’t happy there. It’s easy to assume if a player doesn’t seem like they should be hurt that maybe they aren’t really hurt. But why fake an injury? Just be like Bone and Charles and say you’re not happy there. Kizer is obviously good enough to get traded to another team.

I dunno... it seems like this topic is mostly sour grapes about a player leaving the club, and since nothing can be documented, it’s most likely all just made up. Got some stories on Morello?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4488



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/23/18 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not getting involved with this thread in terms of content,

but I will say this, I work at a Broadway Theater and the Ushers know all the behind the scenes tea.


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/23/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Maybe these “team employees” are just paranoid because of the trend of Connecticut players like Charles, Lawson, Bone, wanting to sit out playing or act in a way so they’d get traded to another team because they weren’t happy there. It’s easy to assume if a player doesn’t seem like they should be hurt that maybe they aren’t really hurt. But why fake an injury? Just be like Bone and Charles and say you’re not happy there. Kizer is obviously good enough to get traded to another team.

I dunno... it seems like this topic is mostly sour grapes about a player leaving the club, and since nothing can be documented, it’s most likely all just made up. Got some stories on Morello?



Mark it down, I agree with Shades.

The big thing to me is still the fact she lost a large amount of money in free agency by being hurt, even with her play in Europe.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin