RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DNA tests for IQ are coming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 04/02/18 8:25 pm    ::: DNA tests for IQ are coming Reply Reply with quote

DNA tests for IQ are coming, but it might not be smart to take one

Regarding those DNA ancestry tests they advertise on TV ("So I traded in my lederhosen..."), I wonder how accurate they are. My mother's paternal grandparents were both from Germany, making me and my siblings 1/4 German. But my brother did a mail-order DNA test for ancestry and the results came back around 92% from the British Isles (mostly English) and 8% - with low confidence - from Northern Europe and Scandinavia. I wonder if you can send in two samples at different times and get two different results.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/02/18 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The ancestry DNA scans are a complete scam. There have been several documented cases of people sending in multiple samples from the same person and getting vastly different results.

PostPosted: 04/02/18 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was just talking to a co-worker about this today. She recently did this and is TOTALLY convinced that she has these relatives she never knew about and has told that they need to get together. Her ancestry has changed from what she always thought to something totally different.

I feel kind of sorry for her. I hate to see her scammed, but even when I told her my reservations about them (she agreed with me), she kept going on about her new relatives!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/03/18 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last year, an aunt called and asked me what my IQ was. I had a meltdown when I found out she was adding all sorts of personal information about family members to her family tree on one of these sites. We're all plugged into the crap on these websites because anyone who claims to be a relative can add information about us. Hell will freeze over before I'm actually supplying a DNA sample...there are too many aggravating possibilities that can come of that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: