RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

#4 Louisville @ #1 Connecticut 2/12/18 7:00 PM ET ESPN2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Winner?
UConn by 1-9
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
UConn by 10+
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
Louisville by 1-9
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Author Message
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
The fat that he is always on Stevens regardless that she carried the team in three games at the end against elite teams; Notre Dame, with both Gabby and Katie on the bench came in and and took over the fourth quarter; same with last night against The Cardinals in the fourth quarter, scored the first six points of the quarter, grabbed 4 rebounds including an offensive rebound, had a steal and basically defensively delivered the paint as but on Cardinal basket was scored inside that quarter and oh, no turnovers but two assists. Then against Texas, she scored 16 points in 20 minutes. If that had been Gabby or Katie, he be singing their praises to the high heaven. Megan Walker played two minutes, had two assists, hustled her ass off and made two devastating picks - in two minutes! He said the reason why he played Gabby and Katie for 40 minutes was simply he thought taking them out about but decided not to, not because the bench sucked in practice or sucked on the court but on a whim he decided not to play them - that is the lack of respect for they met his standards and he dissed them, especially Walker and that is being a bastard. I am a fan of UCONN basketball and have been since the fifties but I am by no mean a sycophant.


According to Sue Bird, his technique with her was to make every mistake her responsibility even when she wasn't on the court. One of the main things I've heard about Stevens is that she is often not in the right place. Geno's always been that way as a coach. He will get on a player for bad technique even if her statistics are good. We don't know what Walker has or has not been doing in practice to have earned playing time. You don't know whether she met his standards because he said nothing at all about it. You are assuming that because he didn't insult her, that she was doing well and so he was not rewarding her. That's flawed logic.


Oldfandepot2



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 942
Location: Northeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
The fat that he is always on Stevens regardless that she carried the team in three games at the end against elite teams; Notre Dame, with both Gabby and Katie on the bench came in and and took over the fourth quarter; same with last night against The Cardinals in the fourth quarter, scored the first six points of the quarter, grabbed 4 rebounds including an offensive rebound, had a steal and basically defensively delivered the paint as but on Cardinal basket was scored inside that quarter and oh, no turnovers but two assists. Then against Texas, she scored 16 points in 20 minutes. If that had been Gabby or Katie, he be singing their praises to the high heaven. Megan Walker played two minutes, had two assists, hustled her ass off and made two devastating picks - in two minutes! He said the reason why he played Gabby and Katie for 40 minutes was simply he thought taking them out about but decided not to, not because the bench sucked in practice or sucked on the court but on a whim he decided not to play them - that is the lack of respect for they met his standards and he dissed them, especially Walker and that is being a bastard. I am a fan of UCONN basketball and have been since the fifties but I am by no mean a sycophant.


According to Sue Bird, his technique with her was to make every mistake her responsibility even when she wasn't on the court. One of the main things I've heard about Stevens is that she is often not in the right place. Geno's always been that way as a coach. He will get on a player for bad technique even if her statistics are good. We don't know what Walker has or has not been doing in practice to have earned playing time. You don't know whether she met his standards because he said nothing at all about it. You are assuming that because he didn't insult her, that she was doing well and so he was not rewarding her. That's flawed logic.
It is not sophistry as Geno had no qualms whatsoever calling out either Walker or Stevens saying the reason why two players played 40 minutes is he thought about taking them out but decided simply not to. If anything the absence of disparaging remarks indicates, predicated on his penchant for unbridled acerbic comments, that there was none to be made. I am very aware of Geno’s practices and his players comment about them - does not hold water in this case.



_________________
Cave Canem!
We must listen to each other no matter how much it hurts. Bishop Desmond Tutu.
Oldfandepot2



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 942
Location: Northeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
The fat that he is always on Stevens regardless that she carried the team in three games at the end against elite teams; Notre Dame, with both Gabby and Katie on the bench came in and and took over the fourth quarter; same with last night against The Cardinals in the fourth quarter, scored the first six points of the quarter, grabbed 4 rebounds including an offensive rebound, had a steal and basically defensively delivered the paint as but on Cardinal basket was scored inside that quarter and oh, no turnovers but two assists. Then against Texas, she scored 16 points in 20 minutes. If that had been Gabby or Katie, he be singing their praises to the high heaven. Megan Walker played two minutes, had two assists, hustled her ass off and made two devastating picks - in two minutes! He said the reason why he played Gabby and Katie for 40 minutes was simply he thought taking them out about but decided not to, not because the bench sucked in practice or sucked on the court but on a whim he decided not to play them - that is the lack of respect for they met his standards and he dissed them, especially Walker and that is being a bastard. I am a fan of UCONN basketball and have been since the fifties but I am by no mean a sycophant.


According to Sue Bird, his technique with her was to make every mistake her responsibility even when she wasn't on the court. One of the main things I've heard about Stevens is that she is often not in the right place. Geno's always been that way as a coach. He will get on a player for bad technique even if her statistics are good. We don't know what Walker has or has not been doing in practice to have earned playing time. You don't know whether she met his standards because he said nothing at all about it. You are assuming that because he didn't insult her, that she was doing well and so he was not rewarding her. That's flawed logic.
It is not sophistry as Geno had no qualms whatsoever calling out either Walker or Stevens saying the reason why two players played 40 minutes is he thought about taking them out but decided simply not to. If anything the absence of disparaging remarks indicates, predicated on his penchant for unbridled acerbic comments, that there was none to be made. I am very aware of Geno’s practices and his players comment about them - does not hold water in this case.



_________________
Cave Canem!
We must listen to each other no matter how much it hurts. Bishop Desmond Tutu.
Oldfandepot2



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 942
Location: Northeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
The fat that he is always on Stevens regardless that she carried the team in three games at the end against elite teams; Notre Dame, with both Gabby and Katie on the bench came in and and took over the fourth quarter; same with last night against The Cardinals in the fourth quarter, scored the first six points of the quarter, grabbed 4 rebounds including an offensive rebound, had a steal and basically defensively delivered the paint as but on Cardinal basket was scored inside that quarter and oh, no turnovers but two assists. Then against Texas, she scored 16 points in 20 minutes. If that had been Gabby or Katie, he be singing their praises to the high heaven. Megan Walker played two minutes, had two assists, hustled her ass off and made two devastating picks - in two minutes! He said the reason why he played Gabby and Katie for 40 minutes was simply he thought taking them out about but decided not to, not because the bench sucked in practice or sucked on the court but on a whim he decided not to play them - that is the lack of respect for they met his standards and he dissed them, especially Walker and that is being a bastard. I am a fan of UCONN basketball and have been since the fifties but I am by no mean a sycophant.


According to Sue Bird, his technique with her was to make every mistake her responsibility even when she wasn't on the court. One of the main things I've heard about Stevens is that she is often not in the right place. Geno's always been that way as a coach. He will get on a player for bad technique even if her statistics are good. We don't know what Walker has or has not been doing in practice to have earned playing time. You don't know whether she met his standards because he said nothing at all about it. You are assuming that because he didn't insult her, that she was doing well and so he was not rewarding her. That's flawed logic.
It is not sophistry as Geno had no qualms whatsoever calling out either Walker or Stevens saying the reason why two players played 40 minutes is he thought about taking them out but decided simply not to. If anything the absence of disparaging remarks indicates, predicated on his penchant for unbridled acerbic comments, that there was none to be made. I am very aware of Geno’s practices and his players comment about them - does not hold water in this case.



_________________
Cave Canem!
We must listen to each other no matter how much it hurts. Bishop Desmond Tutu.
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10698
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Louisville was never in this game. Sorry Notre Dame and Texas played them better. Second half the game was just slowed down while Dangerfield and Nurse sat some on the bench. Uconn bench sucks other than when they put Stevens under the basket. Is that you Walz trying to get some love as your team was embarrassed in the first half.


Yeah, that number four ranking is just totally humiliating. They lost to 11 to UConn. Who else has come that close? One team, Notre Dame.

Not:
Texas
South Carolina
Stanford
UCLA
Maryland

Absolutely Walz should crawl under a rock and hide after that game Rolling Eyes


Keep rolling your eyes buddy Texas only lost by 4 Laughing Laughing Maybe he doesn't need the rock, he can use his shirts for a tent.


Okay I missed one....it happens.

I just don't get all the negativity. It was a reasonably close game, and at least in my opinion should give other teams (and Louisville) more reason to believe they can beat UConn.

This board rarely has anything positive to say it seems any more. It's really getting to be a downer.


And I only mentioned 2 teams, so you didn't have to take your ass swipes at me.


What the hell are you talking about? Never mind, this is just freaking ridiculous. You go on Nix, have a blast being negative about everything. I'm out.



I see a pattern here. You won't judge, then complain about negativity, then leave in a huff.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Louisville posed little threat to win the game after the first ten minutes, and the Dangerfield 3 at halftime buried them for good.

At Texas, CT trailed by 3 after 1, led by 1 at the half, was up 6 going into the 4th, and won by 4. The game was a struggle. The win over ND required a comeback/choke of unusual proportion.

We all know "past performances don't guarantee future results", but there's really no comparison between Monday night and the other 2 games.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Louisville was never in this game. Sorry Notre Dame and Texas played them better. Second half the game was just slowed down while Dangerfield and Nurse sat some on the bench. Uconn bench sucks other than when they put Stevens under the basket. Is that you Walz trying to get some love as your team was embarrassed in the first half.


Yeah, that number four ranking is just totally humiliating. They lost to 11 to UConn. Who else has come that close? One team, Notre Dame.

Not:
Texas
South Carolina
Stanford
UCLA
Maryland

Absolutely Walz should crawl under a rock and hide after that game Rolling Eyes


Keep rolling your eyes buddy Texas only lost by 4 Laughing Laughing Maybe he doesn't need the rock, he can use his shirts for a tent.


Okay I missed one....it happens.

I just don't get all the negativity. It was a reasonably close game, and at least in my opinion should give other teams (and Louisville) more reason to believe they can beat UConn.

This board rarely has anything positive to say it seems any more. It's really getting to be a downer.


And I only mentioned 2 teams, so you didn't have to take your ass swipes at me.


What the hell are you talking about? Never mind, this is just freaking ridiculous. You go on Nix, have a blast being negative about everything. I'm out.



I see a pattern here. You won't judge, then complain about negativity, then leave in a huff.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Louisville posed little threat to win the game after the first ten minutes, and the Dangerfield 3 at halftime buried them for good.

At Texas, CT trailed by 3 after 1, led by 1 at the half, was up 6 going into the 4th, and won by 4. The game was a struggle. The win over ND required a comeback/choke of unusual proportion.

We all know "past performances don't guarantee future results", but there's really no comparison between Monday night and the other 2 games.



No I frequently comment about the negativity here because this is the so-called home of super fans and all some people do is criticize and complain about players coaches etc. without knowing facts; they just pass judgement.

Sure this board has always had some of that but it was usually based on facts not just judgments. Now it seems that people have no respect for the players coaches administrators and other posters and think it’s okay to be mean and nasty because they know better.

And I wouldn’t call ending participation in what was becoming an obviously personal pissing match leaving in a huff. I call it showing restraint and not stooping to he level of others.

But if you want to join Nix and post crap about me on a personal level you go on with your bad self. I’m not going to bite. Have a rainbow filled day.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10698
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Louisville was never in this game. Sorry Notre Dame and Texas played them better. Second half the game was just slowed down while Dangerfield and Nurse sat some on the bench. Uconn bench sucks other than when they put Stevens under the basket. Is that you Walz trying to get some love as your team was embarrassed in the first half.


Yeah, that number four ranking is just totally humiliating. They lost to 11 to UConn. Who else has come that close? One team, Notre Dame.

Not:
Texas
South Carolina
Stanford
UCLA
Maryland

Absolutely Walz should crawl under a rock and hide after that game Rolling Eyes


Keep rolling your eyes buddy Texas only lost by 4 Laughing Laughing Maybe he doesn't need the rock, he can use his shirts for a tent.


Okay I missed one....it happens.

I just don't get all the negativity. It was a reasonably close game, and at least in my opinion should give other teams (and Louisville) more reason to believe they can beat UConn.

This board rarely has anything positive to say it seems any more. It's really getting to be a downer.


And I only mentioned 2 teams, so you didn't have to take your ass swipes at me.


What the hell are you talking about? Never mind, this is just freaking ridiculous. You go on Nix, have a blast being negative about everything. I'm out.



I see a pattern here. You won't judge, then complain about negativity, then leave in a huff.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Louisville posed little threat to win the game after the first ten minutes, and the Dangerfield 3 at halftime buried them for good.

At Texas, CT trailed by 3 after 1, led by 1 at the half, was up 6 going into the 4th, and won by 4. The game was a struggle. The win over ND required a comeback/choke of unusual proportion.

We all know "past performances don't guarantee future results", but there's really no comparison between Monday night and the other 2 games.



No I frequently comment about the negativity here because this is the so-called home of super fans and all some people do is criticize and complain about players coaches etc. without knowing facts; they just pass judgement.

Sure this board has always had some of that but it was usually based on facts not just judgments. Now it seems that people have no respect for the players coaches administrators and other posters and think it’s okay to be mean and nasty because they know better.

And I wouldn’t call ending participation in what was becoming an obviously personal pissing match leaving in a huff. I call it showing restraint and not stooping to he level of others.

But if you want to join Nix and post crap about me on a personal level you go on with your bad self. I’m not going to bite. Have a rainbow filled day.


What "personal crap" did I post about you? You said you don't judge, yet you do judge posts/posters.

If you had exited w/o taking a shot at me, your high-horse projection would seem more genuine.

Btw, I'd prefer a foot of snow to a rainbow, if you don't mind.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:



I see a pattern here. You won't judge, then complain about negativity, then leave in a huff.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Louisville posed little threat to win the game after the first ten minutes, and the Dangerfield 3 at halftime buried them for good.

At Texas, CT trailed by 3 after 1, led by 1 at the half, was up 6 going into the 4th, and won by 4. The game was a struggle. The win over ND required a comeback/choke of unusual proportion.

We all know "past performances don't guarantee future results", but there's really no comparison between Monday night and the other 2 games.



No I frequently comment about the negativity here because this is the so-called home of super fans and all some people do is criticize and complain about players coaches etc. without knowing facts; they just pass judgement.

Sure this board has always had some of that but it was usually based on facts not just judgments. Now it seems that people have no respect for the players coaches administrators and other posters and think it’s okay to be mean and nasty because they know better.

And I wouldn’t call ending participation in what was becoming an obviously personal pissing match leaving in a huff. I call it showing restraint and not stooping to he level of others.

But if you want to join Nix and post crap about me on a personal level you go on with your bad self. I’m not going to bite. Have a rainbow filled day.


What "personal crap" did I post about you? You said you don't judge, yet you do judge posts/posters.

If you had exited w/o taking a shot at me, your high-horse projection would seem more genuine.

Btw, I'd prefer a foot of snow to a rainbow, if you don't mind.


Well if the bold above wasn't a personal shot, then I apologize. I don't judge posters, I just question why something so fun can what seems like always be negative to some people. That's not a judgment, that's a question.

I know what you wrote about me, but please, tell me, what shot I took at you? I even wished you a rainbow day. Was that what was offensive? Okay, I hope you have your foot of snow day...just not in Connecticut.


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2067



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Louisville was never in this game. Sorry Notre Dame and Texas played them better. Second half the game was just slowed down while Dangerfield and Nurse sat some on the bench. Uconn bench sucks other than when they put Stevens under the basket. Is that you Walz trying to get some love as your team was embarrassed in the first half.


Yeah, that number four ranking is just totally humiliating. They lost to 11 to UConn. Who else has come that close? One team, Notre Dame.

Not:
Texas
South Carolina
Stanford
UCLA
Maryland

Absolutely Walz should crawl under a rock and hide after that game Rolling Eyes


Keep rolling your eyes buddy Texas only lost by 4 Laughing Laughing Maybe he doesn't need the rock, he can use his shirts for a tent.


Texas was an away game for UConn. Notre Dame was in Hartford and ND had experience playing there. The location of the game at Gampel brings its own form of intimidation that Louisville took time to overcome.

Just curious: how does the fact that two teams got closer than Louisville make your argument any more valid? Especially given that one of those other teams was destroyed by Louisville? They are a legitimate top 5 seed and an 11 point loss against UConn in Gampel is not going to drop them too far. They'll probably even stay a 1 seed in the NCAA seedings because playing UConn actually raises their RPI.


Nerd my comment was aimed at someone who decided to quote me because he was pissed off at the thread and he was wrong as I pointed out. I only talked about the 2 teams that played Uconn better, in my opinion, get it, in my opinion and anyone who thought this game was not over at the half, well I think it is just wishful thinking and again that is my opinion.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin