RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 Connecticut @ UCF 2/7/18 7PM SNY/espn3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/07/18 9:30 am    ::: #1 Connecticut @ UCF 2/7/18 7PM SNY/espn3 Reply Reply with quote

CFE Arena
Orlando, Florida

Last month vs UCF, Auriemma chastised his team for being wimps.

Last edited by cthskzfn on 02/07/18 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/07/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Dangerfield again

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/07/18 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good. Save her for Lou.

PostPosted: 02/07/18 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCF has risen from the dregs of D1 to into semi-decent status. At 16-7 their RPI/SOS is 47/69, right above 17-6 Oregon St 48/71. Best win was against a not so good USF but it looks like the new coaching staff is moving them in the right direction.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

where's the weird channel to watch. My espn says I can't watch this for some reason.

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
where's the weird channel to watch. My espn says I can't watch this for some reason.

The only reason ESPN blocks is if SNY is offered in your area on cable.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
myrtle wrote:

nope. And this is the first time I've got this message.

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:
myrtle wrote:

nope. And this is the first time I've got this message.

ESPN has screwed up programming a lot. They laid off a lot of the people who handle the tech side in order to keep more of their talking heads.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the 1st half Williams with 5 assists plus 2 nice passes to cutters that got fouled in the act.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/07/18 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Massey overstated the total points at 124 Very Happy

acsuc99

PostPosted: 02/08/18 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You need to go back to 2006 since I less enjoyed watching a UConn team. Besides Nurse and KLS no one has brought their A game this year. And that includes the coaches. I have never seen such ragged unwatchable stretches since the dark era of 2005-2006.

The freshman look embarrassing. Azura is soft. And they have even less consistent depth and margin of error than they did last year.

I am dangerously close to proclaiming that they won't win the National Title this year because it's so obvious the depth everyone claimed we would have this year is never going to materialize.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/08/18 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I left the game last night at halftime to go out and deal w/ the PITA ice/slush crap that was dropped on us and missed the 2nd half.

Just watched it.

Embarassed

I remember being concerned about the lack of ball-handling, beyond Dangerfield, prior to the start of the season. One of the boners here chastised me...can't remember who.

After the game, Geno expressed the obvious: "Without Crystal, we really don't have enough ball-handling." (paraphrased).

But, beyond that, it's the stupid/poor/slow decisions made against pressure and how they react when they get shoved around, that bother me most about this group.

In their defense, they're all playing too much. Geno said they wore down. And, w/o CD running the offense, Nurse can't spot up and make 3s.

Oh well, an ugly Feb road win vs a team who'd rather commit a shot clock violation than shoot an open jumper w/ 10 seconds left. Very Happy

Get well, Crystal.

Last edited by cthskzfn on 02/08/18 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
linkster

PostPosted: 02/08/18 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I give the UCF coach credit for her team's defense but if she is going to hold the ball for 33 seconds on every possession just to keep the score down then she should instruct the school to not charge admission. Like it or not people pay to be entertained and that wasn't close.

I thought that in the second half UConn once again showed that faced with a slow down game they eventually lose their composure. They were aided by officials who seemed to feel so sorry for the ineptitude of UCF's game that they allowed them more and more contact as the game progressed. In the first half when they still had their legs they defended well and yet UConn put up 38 points. In the second half as their legs tired they started to use grabbing and holding and the refs took pity on them and allowed it. Sure, UConn should have adjusted but what that inevitably leads to is what we saw in the 2 S Car-Missouri games. I dislike officials who "let them play" because the more contact they allow the more teams will push the envelope. I watched No 5 for UCF on offense. Her move in the paint was to throw her elbow repeatedly into the chest of her defender. That's the sort of thing, when allowed to continue, leads to Williams getting T's for her sarcastic comment about the lack of calls.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/09/18 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watched this more than a day late. Very, very impressed with coach Abe's ability to teach great defense to mediocre players. If she got some top offensive players, she'd have a great team.

She's my new favorite coach along with the gal at Missouri.

Of course, UConn played stifling defense too, but that's their norm and they didn't have to worry at all about the arc from the worst 3pt shooting team in all of D1.
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 02/09/18 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don’t particularly like the brand of basketball but it is on the refs to call. She does however get her players to play hard for 40 mins.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/10/18 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
In their defense, they're all playing too much. Geno said they wore down. And, w/o CD running the offense, Nurse can't spot up and make 3s.

I thought CD was a center back when she played. Wink

(now with spelling variations)
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/11/18 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

I thought CD was a center back when she played. Wink

Ha. Indeed, I should have used the proper nomenclature for Dangerfield: CD3

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: