RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chennedy Carter is not finished in the W

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 07/31/23 11:46 am    ::: Chennedy Carter is not finished in the W Reply Reply with quote

https://andscape.com/features/chennedy-carter-is-not-finished-in-the-wnba/

Quote:
“I love basketball. I love to play. I’m passionate about it. My time is coming soon,” she said.

“Chennedy Carter is not finished.”

PostPosted: 08/02/23 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chileeeeeeeeee.........Her time will come when she realizes she will have to except less money when this contract ends this season . She's fine sitting out and still collecting her check from LA but you know the WNBA is a small group of owners who all talk so i dont see her value being as much as she believes when its time to comeback next season because she has no money .

PostPosted: 08/02/23 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
She's fine sitting out and still collecting her check from LA

You probably get that inside information from Greg Bibb. Are you saying Carter had a guaranteed contract?

Quote:
In a game against Mersin in late January that featured Connecticut Sun forward DeWanna Bonner and Las Vegas Aces point guard Chelsea Gray, Carter scored 36 points (on 50% shooting) and eight assists. Both were game highs. Against a Galatasaray team that featured Sparks forward Azura Stevens, Wings center Teaira McCowan and New York Liberty guard Epiphanny Prince, Carter scored 38 points on 66.7% shooting.

Quote:
Questions have been raised about Carter’s willingness to contribute to a team’s culture. Collen, who speaks with Carter regularly and refers to herself as an “unofficial agent as well as a bit of a parent” to Carter, recalled lessons that she tried to communicate to Carter as a rookie about the importance of team and learning how to channel her competitive fire toward her opponents instead of her teammates.

All very interesting.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 08/02/23 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
When asked if she would have done anything differently, Carter said no.

What else do you need to know?

PostPosted: 08/03/23 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Quote:
When asked if she would have done anything differently, Carter said no.

What else do you need to know?

The smart thing to do is to continue to play overseas where she can earn more money and have the ball in her hands to do what she does best which is score. I just don't see the WNBA being a place for certain players. Certain players are not allowed to have a chip on their shoulders and it shows. I say go where your talent will be appreciated and where you have to change your identity as a player.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/03/23 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
She's fine sitting out and still collecting her check from LA

You probably get that inside information from Greg Bibb. Are you saying Carter had a guaranteed contract?

Quote:
In a game against Mersin in late January that featured Connecticut Sun forward DeWanna Bonner and Las Vegas Aces point guard Chelsea Gray, Carter scored 36 points (on 50% shooting) and eight assists. Both were game highs. Against a Galatasaray team that featured Sparks forward Azura Stevens, Wings center Teaira McCowan and New York Liberty guard Epiphanny Prince, Carter scored 38 points on 66.7% shooting.

Quote:
Questions have been raised about Carter’s willingness to contribute to a team’s culture. Collen, who speaks with Carter regularly and refers to herself as an “unofficial agent as well as a bit of a parent” to Carter, recalled lessons that she tried to communicate to Carter as a rookie about the importance of team and learning how to channel her competitive fire toward her opponents instead of her teammates.

All very interesting.

Im not saying anything , im just stating when you decline offers because the pay is insurmountably less than what you were making while being an active player then choose to sit out does not bode well. Im sure she will get picked up again but she will not be a focal point or top paid player. She's burned too many bridges. And NO dallas was not one of those offers btw. Word gets around fast.

PostPosted: 08/03/23 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe you were right. I think 4th year rookie options now become guaranteed, although this article says nothing about a guarantee.
https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-exercise-chennedy-carters-fourth-year-rookie-scale-option/

I found another article that talks about it.
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/35881099/sparks-waive-guard-chennedy-carter-just-one-season

Quote:
Former Sparks general manager and head coach Derek Fisher exercised the fourth-year rookie scale option for Carter two games into the 2022 season. Because of that, the Sparks will essentially have to eat her $86,701 protected salary if she goes unclaimed through waivers.

Mmmm, that protected salary tastes so good.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/04/23 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can someone explain to me - like I am dumb - what Carter did that is so bad?

scullyfu

PostPosted: 08/04/23 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Admittedly a little fuzzy, but wasn’t she involved in a parking lot fight with Courtney Williams?

PostPosted: 08/04/23 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has anyone told her that her WNBA career hasn't even begun? LOL. She is perfect example of why kids need boundaries in life and in college. Too much wasted talent here, IMO.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/04/23 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Admittedly a little fuzzy, but wasn’t she involved in a parking lot fight with Courtney Williams?

No that was Thompson , who has not had a job since barring her injuries of course . Carter has done a lot , not my place to give details but 2 separate teams have given her over 3 chances a piece to get past her way's and she was more of the I instead of the Team. Reminds me of Betty lennox and even she had a turning point where she had to realize she was the IT girl aka Seattle 04 title run.

PostPosted: 08/06/23 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

So, no? Plenty of people seem to have plenty to say about her, but nothing about what she has supposedly done that is so bad?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/06/23 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

So, no? Plenty of people seem to have plenty to say about her, but nothing about what she has supposedly done that is so bad?

Whenever someone talks about a player being a "diva" or a "cancer" or whatever, it's always some kind of fifth-person account (shout out to Demitri Martin), that they heard from some dude who knows somebody. Nobody ever has receipts that they're willing to corroborate on the record, just alleged access to insider information, and "if you were around the team, you would know"-type innuendo. But it's definitely bad enough that she shouldn't get another job in the WNBA, because "trust me, bro!", and vibes and shit.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
pilight

PostPosted: 08/14/23 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/TheCommitteeSG/status/1691149854666272779

Quote:
The Committee ✗
@ChennedyCarter

If you guessed Chennedy Carter, you guessed correctly! Hollywood will join us on Spaces tomorrow at 7 PM ET. Set your reminders now so you don't miss it.

PostPosted: 11/28/23 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

See full video then decide https://youtu.be/MEt5xTFBxpg?si=uWkRL1lY_3SHB0uP

PostPosted: 11/29/23 6:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fight in WCBA will probably finisher her off in WNBA. People really never change much...

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/29/23 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh for the love of God, fighting the ref is never a good plan

(now with spelling variations)
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 11/29/23 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holy copyright infringement. Look at that logo.

jap

PostPosted: 11/30/23 6:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
See full video then decide https://youtu.be/MEt5xTFBxpg?si=uWkRL1lY_3SHB0uP

My girl, Chennedy! My First, my Last, my Everything!!! Laughing

PostPosted: 11/30/23 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. She really was mostly just being a great teammate. The reports of "fighting" a ref are false and overblown.

hoopmom

PostPosted: 12/01/23 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.thenexthoops.com/features/how-chennedy-carter-earned-a-suspension/

https://justwomenssports.com/article/wnba-angel-mccoughtry-chennedy-carter-mentor-split/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: