RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

"In the Know" Minds: What is the Fascination....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/11/05 1:47 pm    ::: "In the Know" Minds: What is the Fascination.... Reply Reply with quote

with Niele Ivey and Coretta Brown? I just don't see why so many people on the board are in love with these two. What am I missing? Confused

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/11/05 1:52 pm    ::: Re: "In the Know" Minds: What is the Fascination.. Reply Reply with quote

I so seldom see Niele play I don't recall her game. Pilight has pointed out that she looks good on paper.
Coretta is a sweetheart but it seems like coaches have a problem with her. She bareley gets any minutes - even w/ the Blaze...

Alepp03

PostPosted: 02/11/05 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, for me, Niele is a hometown hero essentially. She lived a dream winning the National Championship on her home stage of St. Louis. Ivey went to my sister's high school, Cor Jesu, and captivated me from the first time I saw her play. She was the first great female basketball player I ever encountered.

Past the personal obsession, I think that her numbers show great promise. She bangs threes consistently and takes tremendous care of the ball. Multiple Fever fans have expressed that the offense seems to run more smoothly when Niele is on the floor. A lot was thrown off as she got pregnant during the same year that her brother died.

My hope and feeling is that given the chance to start and play big minutes, Niele could be a very good steading force for a team. It's not as if she has been in a stable situation since she has been in the league, and she has showed some promise regardless, so I'd like to see her on a team that will utilize her.

PostPosted: 02/11/05 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I doubt the Fever's "coach" will give her that opportunity.

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/11/05 7:47 pm    ::: Re: "In the Know" Minds: What is the Fascination.. Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
with Niele Ivey and Coretta Brown? I just don't see why so many people on the board are in love with these two. What am I missing? Confused

Anne drafted Jung Sun-Min over Coretta Brown which pissed me off. Brown is a decent guard who can shoot. As opposed to Jung Sun-Min who is a soft tweener. I know Anne doesn't like "rookies" but that was too much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: