RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NY Liberty to play in Westchester
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/18/18 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a sad state of affairs when Radio City appears like it would have been a better venue for basketball than the venue in which they are playing. On another note, I left a message for my rep upon hearing that balcony seats have been made available as season tickets. $14 a game is a price that's hard to argue with.

PostPosted: 03/18/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
It's a sad state of affairs when Radio City appears like it would have been a better venue for basketball than the venue in which they are playing. On another note, I left a message for my rep upon hearing that balcony seats have been made available as season tickets. $14 a game is a price that's hard to argue with.

Other than the location, watching a game in Radio City was horrible.
Ask Swin Cash about falling off the court

toad455

PostPosted: 03/18/18 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Radio City was ok for a few games, but a whole season there wouldn't be tolerable.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 03/18/18 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

looked into MSG's calendar to see what dates are open when matched with the Liberty's 15 games at WCC. I wonder if Dolan would move some games to MSG if he doesn't get anything else booked on these dates.

Friday, May 25 vs. Minnesota
Thursday, June 7 vs. Connecticut
Sunday, June 10 vs. Indiana
Tuesday, July 3 vs. Seattle
Sunday, July 8 vs. Dallas
Sunday, July 15 vs. Chicago
Saturday, July 21 vs. Washington
Saturday, August 4 vs. Indiana
Monday, August 6 vs. Seattle
Wednesday, August 8 vs. Los Angeles
Sunday, August 12 vs. Atlanta

Currently, only 4 games on the Liberty's schedule at WCC have a conflict with something at MSG. Any of these 11 games could(or should) be moved to MSG if nothing else gets booked on these dates.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/18/18 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Apparently Swin's version to her colleagues is that she almost fell off the court.

(now with spelling variations)
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/19/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I don't dispute any of what you wrote. I think it speaks volumes about the current venue though.

PostPosted: 03/19/18 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

did they let you get your seats up there?

libertycrazy97

PostPosted: 03/19/18 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

only thing good about radio city was i won the Amtrak shoot for your route. I felt much further away from the play compared to WCC.

libertycrazy97

PostPosted: 03/19/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
looked into MSG's calendar to see what dates are open when matched with the Liberty's 15 games at WCC. I wonder if Dolan would move some games to MSG if he doesn't get anything else booked on these dates.

Monday, August 6 vs. Seattle

Currently, only 4 games on the Liberty's schedule at WCC have a conflict with something at MSG. Any of these 11 games could(or should) be moved to MSG if nothing else gets booked on these dates.

I did the same thing when they announced WCC. Many games could have been split between WCC and MSG. Maybe weekday games at MSG and weekend games at WCCC to give people more time to commute. More people may have been receptive to that under the circumstance.

I dislike Dolan so much!!!!

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/25/18 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I ordered my season tickets online. $14 per game. Front row of balcony at center court.

PostPosted: 03/25/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I ordered my season tickets online. $14 per game. Front row of balcony at center court.

NICE! Still waiting to see what single tickets will cost. I saw they had partial plans available(pick four games). But only willing to drive up there for Sunday games.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/25/18 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can understand how you feel. That's a long trip from NJ. Particularly during the week and having to go over the GWB and deal with that traffic.

PostPosted: 03/25/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

libertycrazy97 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
The problem is that unless they've literally stopped giving any single shits whatsoever, they have to try to fill those lower seats first because those are the ones front and center on TV. If they let all of you sign up for those balcony seats and then can't fill the ones lower down, that's going to look awful. A 2,300-seat arena and they can't even put people in the fifth row? So I kind of understand them not making those seats available to season ticket purchasers initially. I totally understand you guys being pissed off about it - this whole thing's a complete shambles - but it makes some sense from the other side.

Horribly, what Richyyy is saying here seems to make sense. And in this unique way the Westchester County Center is worse for Liberty fans than a small college gym where the seats you'd assume to be the best genuinely are. What a fiasco.

Actually they did open the balcony to us a few days later. An a few of us moved up there. and my price dropped to $14 a game!!

Thanks for this heads up. I made my purchase today as a result. What will probably turn out to be a good seat with a nice view in a center court section, row A.

This is going to sound dumb but I got long-overdue glasses just after last season ended (some former Rebs posters would probably say that explains a lot) and among other things I was looking forward to being at the Garden knowing I could really see everything clearly from my center court seat for the first time.

In the meantime, I'd say this is about the best of this negative situation. Hopefully it's a one-year thing. But I wanted to say thanks for the info since it helped in my purchase.

And at the end of the day, this is the best women's basketball league in the world, and I'm paying $28 a game for what should be a nice view. We still have a team also. So I'll try to focus on the positive for now.

PostPosted: 03/29/18 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
libertycrazy97 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
The problem is that unless they've literally stopped giving any single shits whatsoever, they have to try to fill those lower seats first because those are the ones front and center on TV. If they let all of you sign up for those balcony seats and then can't fill the ones lower down, that's going to look awful. A 2,300-seat arena and they can't even put people in the fifth row? So I kind of understand them not making those seats available to season ticket purchasers initially. I totally understand you guys being pissed off about it - this whole thing's a complete shambles - but it makes some sense from the other side.

Horribly, what Richyyy is saying here seems to make sense. And in this unique way the Westchester County Center is worse for Liberty fans than a small college gym where the seats you'd assume to be the best genuinely are. What a fiasco.

Actually they did open the balcony to us a few days later. An a few of us moved up there. and my price dropped to $14 a game!!

Thanks for this heads up. I made my purchase today as a result. What will probably turn out to be a good seat with a nice view in a center court section, row A.

This is going to sound dumb but I got long-overdue glasses just after last season ended (some former Rebs posters would probably say that explains a lot) and among other things I was looking forward to being at the Garden knowing I could really see everything clearly from my center court seat for the first time.

In the meantime, I'd say this is about the best of this negative situation. Hopefully it's a one-year thing. But I wanted to say thanks for the info since it helped in my purchase.

And at the end of the day, this is the best women's basketball league in the world, and I'm paying $28 a game for what should be a nice view. We still have a team also. So I'll try to focus on the positive for now.

Your welcome!! Glad you purchased seats! Yeah i was super unhappy with my seat. The overhang is horrible and if people are tall to move all the time to see would have driven me nuts!! we made it clear we wanted the balcony. I am glad they came to their senses. Cant piss off to many more people, you wont have fans let.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 03/29/18 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Years ago there used to be a RebKell dinner or get together at All Star Games.
We had some really good ones at NYC and also Washington ...
Im sure there are posters that remember how much fun those were ...placing a face with the name ...
Well just an idea maybe we should do a Liberty - RebKell meet up during the season ...maybe before a Sunday game ...what do you think ?

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/30/18 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Years ago there used to be a RebKell dinner or get together at All Star Games.
We had some really good ones at NYC and also Washington ...
Im sure there are posters that remember how much fun those were ...placing a face with the name ...
Well just an idea maybe we should do a Liberty - RebKell meet up during the season ...maybe before a Sunday game ...what do you think ?

How about throwing our own draft party? Liberty don't seem to have announced one, and the league's not letting anyone in.

(now with spelling variations)
Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/30/18 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
How about throwing our own draft party? Liberty don't seem to have announced one, and the league's not letting anyone in.

There must be a bar right near the Nike building. You could hold it there and maybe the likes of Lobo and Rowe would stop by afterwards (or even some of the players).

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/06/18 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Closer now for me to go to Lib games than Sun games.

1 h 18 min (76.9 miles)

vs

1 h 25 min (82.5 miles)

PostPosted: 04/24/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All of these dates are still available at MSG. Curious if any games get moved to MSG.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 04/24/18 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
All of these dates are still available at MSG. Curious if any games get moved to MSG.

Would love if any or all would be moved to MSG
BUT I dont think there will be ...Dolan spending
more more for MSG game nawwwwww wont happen

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/24/18 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

To lose more money ? Dolan seems pretty set with what dates he wants the liberty in MSG now .

PostPosted: 04/24/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Season tickets have already been sold based on the current schedule. How would these tickets be handled in a moved game? I think moving games would create a mess for some.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/24/18 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

1 h 18 min (76.9 miles)

vs

1 h 25 min (82.5 miles)

life is tough Wink

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 04/24/18 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

1 h 18 min (76.9 miles)

vs

1 h 25 min (82.5 miles)

life is tough Wink

Can't always tell much by miles. Which one has the quickest commute? Smile

toad455

PostPosted: 04/24/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Season tickets have already been sold based on the current schedule. How would these tickets be handled in a moved game? I think moving games would create a mess for some.

It would likely be just one or two games. It should be against the more popular teams like Minnesota, LA or Washington. Delle Donne always got a large group to travel up from Delaware to see her at MSG. Having to accommodate probably just 1,000 STH at MSG wouldn't or shouldn't be an issue. Would Dolan and the Garden rather have the arena empty or have a Liberty game with 7-10k?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: