RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#24 Stanford @ #6 Oregon - 2/4/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willtalk

PostPosted: 02/04/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to admit I expected Stanford to lose to both Oregon Schools this weekend. i guess Tara's death as the Pac 12's best coach has been greatly exaggerated.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of triple doubles, Io was a mere 3 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 turnovers away from a quadruple.

Last edited by cthskzfn on 02/04/18 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/04/18 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Great Oregon trip for the Cardinal. Just amazing! And now they lead the PAC12 (10-2, tied with Oregon).

and we have a relatively 'easy' schedule on out. Amazing is right.

Stanford and the Oregon schools benefit from only playing each other one time this season. UCLA has to play each of 'em twice, which is a bummer for this particular UCLA fan.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/04/18 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Great Oregon trip for the Cardinal. Just amazing! And now they lead the PAC12 (10-2, tied with Oregon).

Stanford and the Oregon schools benefit from only playing each other one time this season. UCLA has to play each of 'em twice, which is a bummer for this particular UCLA fan.

Look on the bright side. It will just toughen your/the team's resolve and better prepare for the tourny.

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That Oregon floor, though. Rolling Eyes It made my TV look like it was pixelating! My nephew lives in Eugene, got his masters in sports management at Oregon, and used to work for Nike. He told me that OU has a firm contract with Nike which includes Nike experimenting with unis and shoes. That would account for some of the weird unis their teams sport on occasion. I wonder if it also accounts for the floor?

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
That Oregon floor, though. Rolling Eyes It made my TV look like it was pixelating! My nephew lives in Eugene, got his masters in sports management at Oregon, and used to work for Nike. He told me that OU has a firm contract with Nike which includes Nike experimenting with unis and shoes. That would account for some of the weird unis their teams sport on occasion. I wonder if it also accounts for the floor?

After wondering what in THEE hell that design under the O is for a few years, I finally googled it.

It's all about Mr. Nike and his deceased son.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Tara is an amazing coach who has assembled an fantastic staff. I see the Cardinal as the 4/5 seed that no 1-seed wants to see in their bracket. Who wants to face her in the Sweet 16 after she has had 5 days to implement a game plan?

Believe me she is earning her money this year with this group Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/05/18 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

After wondering what in THEE hell that design under the O is for a few years, I finally googled it.

Yeah Phil Knight donated some huge amount to Oregon sports - I think as a trust fund. And the logo is a stylized Matt for his son who died young in an accident. He has also donated huge amounts to Stanford on the academic side.

- Amanda Gorman
tfan

PostPosted: 02/05/18 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LFlU9zzOZMs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Yeah Phil Knight donated some huge amount to Oregon sports - I think as a trust fund. And the logo is a stylized Matt for his son who died young in an accident. He has also donated huge amounts to Stanford on the academic side.

So I was sort of right, then. It is awfully hard to look at on TV.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Tara is an amazing coach who has assembled an fantastic staff. I see the Cardinal as the 4/5 seed that no 1-seed wants to see in their bracket. Who wants to face her in the Sweet 16 after she has had 5 days to implement a game plan?

Believe me she is earning her money this year with this group Laughing

One thing I have noticed about Tara is that she is at her best when her teams are the underdogs. The less that is expected the better she produces. I have my theories about why that is so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: