RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Miscellany 2/4-2/10
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:16 am    ::: Miscellany 2/4-2/10 Reply Reply with quote

Though I have to say, I like the idea of the conference-based game threads. But there are always miscellaneous games.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
dinkytown



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 2445



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Florida State is down at halftime a Pitt 26-23.


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2333



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davenport is in uniform today but it’s still the doghouse starting lineup for MU with no Blockton, Hiedeman or Davenport. Marquette is hosting Creighton today.


sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 6180
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

U of I already en route to their 11th conference loss.


dinkytown



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 2445



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
U of I already en route to their 11th conference loss.


They've closed the gap a bit.

B1G halftime scores:

Purdue 31, Illinois 23
Rutgers 28, Michigan 21
Penn State 44, Michigan State 30


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2333



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette needs to wake up and realize there’s a game going on - ugh! They trail 42-37 at the half and are not playing like a team who wants to stay in first place in the conference.


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3559
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Marquette needs to wake up and realize there’s a game going on - ugh! They trail 42-37 at the half and are not playing like a team who wants to stay in first place in the conference.


I am beyond outraged that Marquette is losing! 😡


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2333



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And I sure hope part of the halftime speech was to tell Wilborn not to shoot 3’s - she’s not that good at them and I think she’s missed at least three of them already today.


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meanwhile in Jamaica, St. John's is giving it to X, up 44-20 in the 3rd.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2333



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Meanwhile in Jamaica, St. John's is giving it to X, up 44-20 in the 3rd.


And I see Seton Hall had a big 4th quarter and beat Butlerc


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2333



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Feels like Creighton can’t miss a shot and that Marquette can’t make one. Creighton looks to be in control leading 62-53 at the end of the third quarter.


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2333



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 point lead with 4.9 secs to go and all you have to do is not foul to at least get to OT but Marquette screws that up !!!!

They lose 74-73. Gosh does this team frustrate me!


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3559
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
2 point lead with 4.9 secs to go and all you have to do is not foul to at least get to OT but Marquette screws that up !!!!

They lose 74-73. Gosh does this team frustrate me!


What a joke. lol
Since all the other bubble teams (such as Creighton) are winning, and the Gophers suck more than the Timberwolves on the road, I should just prepare for them to lose in an early round in the WNIT again. Very Happy


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23626



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
2 point lead with 4.9 secs to go and all you have to do is not foul to at least get to OT but Marquette screws that up !!!!

They lose 74-73. Gosh does this team frustrate me!


What a joke. lol
Since all the other bubble teams (such as Creighton) are winning, and the Gophers suck more than the Timberwolves on the road, I should just prepare for them to lose in an early round in the WNIT again. Very Happy


I dunno but I blame the coach. Her doghouse cost them the game. Creighton got a 9 point lead or so in the first few minutes with Blockton and Heideman on the bench. So what did those two do? If they did something bad enough to penalize the whole team, which is what sitting them does, then either just sit them for the whole game and move on or sit one in one game and the other in another game. But when you're as evenly matched as they are with Creighton, you can't just spot the other team a big lead and hope to catch up.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2333



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
2 point lead with 4.9 secs to go and all you have to do is not foul to at least get to OT but Marquette screws that up !!!!

They lose 74-73. Gosh does this team frustrate me!


What a joke. lol
Since all the other bubble teams (such as Creighton) are winning, and the Gophers suck more than the Timberwolves on the road, I should just prepare for them to lose in an early round in the WNIT again. Very Happy


I dunno but I blame the coach. Her doghouse cost them the game. Creighton got a 9 point lead or so in the first few minutes with Blockton and Heideman on the bench. So what did those two do? If they did something bad enough to penalize the whole team, which is what sitting them does, then either just sit them for the whole game and move on or sit one in one game and the other in another game. But when you're as evenly matched as they are with Creighton, you can't just spot the other team a big lead and hope to catch up.


Yep - on the way to my car the starting lineup is what ticked me off the most. She sent Blockton to check in less than two minutes into the game. I guess she sent her message but it might have cost them the game.


mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 3202
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Wolverines continue their usual February fade dammit, losing at Rutgers 63-56. 26 turnovers!


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4909
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU loses to Elon, 50-43, in Elon’s teeny little gym. No longer perfect in the CAA, now 11-1.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6563
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OSU kickin' Cal's butt:
http://oklivetv.com/pac-12-oregon-live/



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3644



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
The Wolverines continue their usual February fade dammit, losing at Rutgers 63-56. 26 turnovers!

So disappointed that Flaherty had 10 turnovers! Rutgers does that.


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3644



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
JMU loses to Elon, 50-43, in Elon’s teeny little gym. No longer perfect in the CAA, now 11-1.


JMU has had a great conference season thus far. A loss at Elon is nothing to be ashamed of.


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3644



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
OSU kickin' Cal's butt:
http://oklivetv.com/pac-12-oregon-live/


Wow! 48-25!


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
The Wolverines continue their usual February fade dammit, losing at Rutgers 63-56. 26 turnovers!

So disappointed that Flaherty had 10 turnovers! Rutgers does that.


I'm quietly seething, but that's partially because of the schedule conflict- we would have hiked to Piscataway if it weren't a Big East day.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3221
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't expect this one.

Florida 32 Missouri 32 Halftime

in Columbia


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7655
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I didn't expect this one.

Florida 32 Missouri 32 Halftime

in Columbia


Florida Up ! Shocked



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3221
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great effort from Florida, but a terrible final play with 12 seconds to go. They never got into any kind of offense and wound up throwing up an off balance 25 foot heave that didn't come close.

Missouri 66-64.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin