RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Integration Was The Worst Thing To Happen To Black People

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/29/18 5:41 pm    ::: Integration Was The Worst Thing To Happen To Black People Reply Reply with quote

Says rapper/activist David Banner. Agree or Disagree?

Quote:
"I personally think integration was the worst thing to happen to black people, even more than slavery," Banner began. "Because, in slavery, at least, we knew that we were fighting to do something."

"Black people gave up ownership," he continued. "It was never about integration, it was about de-segregation —breaking down the machines of white supremacy...we spent so much time trying to integrate that we forgot who we were and the real purpose of us being here, and that's ownership."

https://blavity.com/david-banner-says-intergration-was-the-worst-thing-to-happen-to-black-people?utm_content=bufferd1912&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

PostPosted: 01/29/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Total and absolutely seamless assimilation, with no gaps economically, educationally, in shared cultural literacy, or geography or opportunity, is the only way. Everything else is a war or battle or struggle with predictable winners and losers. I didn’t read this so forgive me if I’ve got it wrong but isn’t it funny how every voice that speaks up and is heard is saying anything but that? Segregation? What the fuck does this guy think we have now? Is he thinking grade school? lol. Read the newspapers. LA Times. What HOAs are up to in the affluent parts of the Bay Area. How black homeownership has been systematically denied in million dollar plus neighborhoods in Los Angeles. The New York Times. What co-op boards are up to. Yeah, we let poor kids go to school together in America. lol. Black, white, whatever. But that’s poor kids and that’s public school. Nobody gives a shit.

BB King used to warn, don’t look back. It was his basic philosophy. Beyond the fact that poor whites and poor blacks in this country need to start ALL over again, from square one, in terms of jobs, looking back in some in some toxic brew of all that has transpired against any of us is not the answer. That war has been lost and in a way that nobody really saw coming. The only reality is right now. Poor Americans, especially poor black Americans, are being decimated. Get to work. Be useful to society or continue to be made extinct. Stay employed always and compete and overcome the endless supply of cheap labor imported to this country by people who like them better than they do Americans like you.

Is any of that ever going to happen? lol. I don’t think so.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/30/18 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't get audio for some reason.

I think I get the idea, but personally, I think I'd rather not be a slave. Having been neither that, nor a black American, I can only guess.

PostPosted: 01/30/18 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Total and absolutely seamless assimilation, with no gaps economically, educationally, in shared cultural literacy, or geography or opportunity, is the only way.

Why don't you wave your magic wand and make that happen? There's certainly no other way to get there in the short term.

Social change of that sort is a long process. It's what Max Weber called "the slow boring of hard boards". The old saying is that the British think 100 miles is a long way and Americans think 100 years is a long time. You and David Banner are proof of the second half of that saying. It took four generations of painful, incremental change to get from the end of slavery to the beginning of Civil Rights Movement. That's a baby step. You're talking about a marathon.

PostPosted: 01/30/18 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
Total and absolutely seamless assimilation, with no gaps economically, educationally, in shared cultural literacy, or geography or opportunity, is the only way.

Why don't you wave your magic wand and make that happen? There's certainly no other way to get there in the short term.

Social change of that sort is a long process. It's what Max Weber called "the slow boring of hard boards". The old saying is that the British think 100 miles is a long way and Americans think 100 years is a long time. You and David Banner are proof of the second half of that saying. It took four generations of painful, incremental change to get from the end of slavery to the beginning of Civil Rights Movement. That's a baby step. You're talking about a marathon.

I don’t disagree with anything you’re saying here. Don’t get the ‘magic wand’ thing at all.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/30/18 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Progress doesn't always follow a straight line. The global trend has been towards more freedom and more equality for centuries. A set back here or there isn't going to change that.

PostPosted: 01/30/18 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Progress doesn't always follow a straight line. The global trend has been towards more freedom and more equality for centuries. A set back here or there isn't going to change that.

So what does any of that have to do with my comments?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: