RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Baylor at #20 West Virginia - 1/28/18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinkytown

PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:15 pm    ::: #3 Baylor at #20 West Virginia - 1/28/18 Reply Reply with quote

3:00 PM ET - FS1

Watch: https://www.foxsportsgo.com/program/326756/womens-college-basketball-baylor-at-west-virginia

Stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=197506

dinkytown

PostPosted: 01/28/18 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WVU up 23-16 after 1 courtesy of 4 threes.

sigur3

PostPosted: 01/28/18 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WVU leading 23-16 after 1. Davenport with 11, WVU shooting 50% from both 2 and 3.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/28/18 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nor sure whether I like better, the lavender blue outfit or this orangish/peach one Mulkey's wearing? Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/28/18 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this one is a rip snorter so far. WVU up 47-41 at the half.

- Amanda Gorman
RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/28/18 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't imagine having to fight off Kalani Brown for 40 minutes... Crying or Very sad

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/28/18 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Can't imagine having to fight off Kalani Brown for 40 minutes... Crying or Very sad

yeah, Brown is one honkin big girl. Against all these small defenders she should be unstoppable. But does she ever do anything besides make layups? You would think they could just lob it in there every time down.

Wallace has probably been the difference in this game.

- Amanda Gorman
sigur3

PostPosted: 01/28/18 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

Yeah, this team is just too big and too good. WVU played well enough today to beat almost anyone else.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/28/18 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor finally disposing of WVU, up 81-72 with 1:16 to go

This is why Baylor is still not a #1 seed. They were down for quite awhile. As good as they are, they haven't won that many tough games. If they go undefeated the rest of the way they will be but so far their resume is too thin.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/28/18 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:

This is why Baylor is still not a #1 seed. They were down for quite awhile. As good as they are, they haven't won that many tough games. If they go undefeated the rest of the way they will be but so far their resume is too thin.

I'm not sure they don't deserve the #1...or more like I don't know who else deserves it more. Still it looks like they are vulnerable against a team with good bigs.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/28/18 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

I'm not sure they don't deserve the #1...or more like I don't know who else deserves it more. Still it looks like they are vulnerable against a team with good bigs.

I still have UConn, Miss St, Louisville, Notre Dame and Oregon ahead of them. And to be clear, it is not because I think they would lose to them but because their only good wins are over Texas and Stanford at home and West Virginia and Oklahoma on the road. For me, that isn't enough to be a #1 when you have a loss to UCLA.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/28/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

I still have UConn, Miss St, Louisville, Notre Dame and Oregon ahead of them. And to be clear, it is not because I think they would lose to them but because their only good wins are over Texas and Stanford at home and West Virginia and Oklahoma on the road. For me, that isn't enough to be a #1 when you have a loss to UCLA.

How bad is the loss at UCLA on Nov 18th? No Cox, no Head Coach, down only 4 w/ 7:00 left, and such an emotional situation to deal with:

Baylor coach Kim Mulkey wasn't with the team after her daughter Makenzie Fuller lost her baby, which had two life-threatening birth defects and would have been the coach's first grandchild. Associate head coach Bill Brock ran the team in her absence.

"It's been a very emotional week," Brock said. "A tough game for me to coach because I'm a parent and have two daughters and my oldest just went through childbirth and had some difficulties herself. It just broke my heart to go see Makenzie in the hospital.

"Basketball is really secondary to everything's that been going on in our program this week," he said.

PostPosted: 01/29/18 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

How bad is the loss at UCLA on Nov 18th? No Cox, no Head Coach, down only 4 w/ 7:00 left, and such an emotional situation to deal with:

Baylor coach Kim Mulkey wasn't with the team after her daughter Makenzie Fuller lost her baby, which had two life-threatening birth defects and would have been the coach's first grandchild. Associate head coach Bill Brock ran the team in her absence.

"It's been a very emotional week," Brock said. "A tough game for me to coach because I'm a parent and have two daughters and my oldest just went through childbirth and had some difficulties herself. It just broke my heart to go see Makenzie in the hospital.

"Basketball is really secondary to everything's that been going on in our program this week," he said.

Assuming BU essentially finishes without another loss, I don't think the loss at UCLA should mean much at all. They have to beat Texas, WVU, TCU (twice) and Ok. St. (twice) and then play the B12 tourney. They win out, they are a one seed. If they lose one of them, they still might be.

It doesn't really matter what the committee or Creme is saying right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: