RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#10 Tennessee at LSU - 1/28/18
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinkytown

PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:08 pm    ::: #10 Tennessee at LSU - 1/28/18 Reply Reply with quote

Currently on SECN

LSU is up 36-35 with 6 minutes left in the 3rd.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

45-40 LSU end of 3.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee is a team comprised of talented All American women in DIRE NEED OF A BASKETBALL COACH!

When will the Lady Vol supporters and fans figure this out?

The game has passed Warlick up years ago. She's a 1980's/1990's coach. She cannot adapt.

Simply look at the Lady Vol offense. They simply stand in one place and pass the ball around. Stagnant! The defense is stand around and mostly play zone.

No hustle, no plan, the players just play like their in a playground

The games the Lady Vols win are based purely on All American talent not teaching, coaching and direction. Most wins are against cupcakes set up by Warlick to fool the naive.

These college coaches who have been around years in the same organizations are infested with bureaucrats who support one another. It's very hard to fire an infested coach, especially one related to Summitt.

When will you learn Tennessee.

It's time! Get rid of Holly Warlick now! Do it! Do it! Do it!

She's shamefully making fools out of good supportive people.

Make Tennessee Great Again and Fire Holly Warlick!!!

zune69

PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just glad Tennessee fans can no longer use DD as the scapegoat.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Or Middleton and Cooper.

zune69

PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Or Middleton and Cooper.

+1

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/28/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some of this is "self selection".

They're also recruiting and attracting players who want to play that undisciplined style of play. They're getting highly rated players, but most are a particular type of player with a particular type of mindset.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/28/18 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Or Randy and Clay. Very Happy
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=91564&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=750

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 01/28/18 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

They're also recruiting and attracting players who want to play that undisciplined style of play. They're getting highly rated players, but most are a particular type of player with a particular type of mindset.

Interesting point...Would you say that a good coach could get these types on players in shape? This season really has me questioning coaching...I know I'm "coaching" from the comfort of my couch but I get so confused when I watch the Vols go off the rails and there is no time out called, no adjustment to get them back on track. During those times, Holly is just walking around with her arms folded...I don't get it.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/28/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you all think that CHW and staff are telling players to stand around, fail to box out, and let their opponent blow by them when playing defense? Or are players just ignoring what they are being told and doing this stuff of their own volition? How much of this happens because of a bench that is too short to provide a decent substitute if the non-listening player is yanked? Discuss in terms of Tenn as well as current player attitudes in general. And who's attended enough games to really observe the coaching staff vs just seeing the snippets supplied by the camera crew? People on VN who go to the games say CHW does a lot more yelling and instructing than you can appreciate from the broadcasts.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 01/28/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Do you all think that CHW and staff are telling players to stand around, fail to box out, and let their opponent blow by them when playing defense? Or are players just ignoring what they are being told and doing this stuff of their own volition? How much of this happens because of a bench that is too short to provide a decent substitute if the non-listening player is yanked? Discuss in terms of Tenn as well as current player attitudes in general. And who's attended enough games to really observe the coaching staff vs just seeing the snippets supplied by the camera crew? People on VN who go to the games say CHW does a lot more yelling and instructing than you can appreciate from the broadcasts.

I hear you. I know there is quite a bit that we can't see. I think there is combination of things happening with the team...I just hope they can turn it around.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/28/18 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One doesn't void the other.

That is, no, DD can't be blamed, but yes, DD fucked that team up.

The constant, of course, is By Golly Miss Holly.

Please, please, PLEASE let her coach the LVs forever.

PostPosted: 01/28/18 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

The Lady vols havn't made a final four since 2008......Tennessee was a mess before Diamond ever stepped foot on campus.

Last edited by zune69 on 01/29/18 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/28/18 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Interesting point...Would you say that a good coach could get these types on players in shape? This season really has me questioning coaching...I know I'm "coaching" from the comfort of my couch but I get so confused when I watch the Vols go off the rails and there is no time out called, no adjustment to get them back on track. During those times, Holly is just walking around with her arms folded...I don't get it.

Not necessarily.

If you recruit players who are choosing a particular school because they want to play playground ball, it's going to be tough to get them to go along with a structured UConn/ND/Stanford/Baylor style system. If that's what they wanted, they probably could have gone to one of those schools. They had choices. Instead they chose Tenn or Texas or UNC or UCLA because they didn't want to play that way. So you get what you get.

The fundamentals that Tenn lacks aren't rocket science. I learned most of it in grade school. I find it hard to believe Warlick doesn't know how. It requires discipline and the will to play that way. I'm pretty sure Warlick (or Hatchell, for example) could teach a Princeton offense if she chose to do so. She doesn't. Instead Holly is playing her rendition of the Pat style.

By the way, UConn is playing six players, ND only has seven. I'm not buying that the short bench has anything to do with the fundamental style of play.

willtalk

PostPosted: 01/29/18 4:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Perhaps I am crazy! Laughing again, but Holly is a blatant example of the prevalent nepotism in WCBB. She was Pats personal pick to replace her as the Vol coach. My point about Gail Goestenkors evaluation of Boyle as one of the best coaches in WCBB was just another example of that. While Boyle is probably not as bad as Holly, she certainly is not one of the best coaches in WCBB. I followed her career at Cal and she was close to being fired before she resigned to take the Virgina job.

Just because someone is a good coach does not mean that they are good judges of what it takes to be a good coach. It seems that they might also have an issue with objectivity when it comes to their own assistants.

Holly got a job that appears to be totally over her head, because her mentor Pat recommended her. Now we might give Pat a pass because of her illness, but I really doubt that had so much to do with it. Good assistants do not always good coaches make.

But then again I might just be "crazy" to dare challenge the opinion of the hall of fame legend "Summits" perspective on her assistants competence to coach. But just don't pay any attention to either me or Ravendogs rants about inbreeding in WCBB- We all just crazy!

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/29/18 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You guys have a really good point about insularity. When everyone's fruit of the same tree, you might have trouble getting differing opinions.

PostPosted: 01/29/18 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

The Lady vols havn't made a final four since 2008......Tennessee was a mess before Diamond ever stepped foot on campus.

And a fine contribution to that mess she was.

PostPosted: 01/29/18 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

^^^^THIS. EXACTLY^^^^^

PostPosted: 01/29/18 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Perhaps I am crazy! Laughing again, but Holly is a blatant example of the prevalent nepotism in WCBB. She was Pats personal pick to replace her as the Vol coach. My point about Gail Goestenkors evaluation of Boyle as one of the best coaches in WCBB was just another example of that. While Boyle is probably not as bad as Holly, she certainly is not one of the best coaches in WCBB. I followed her career at Cal and she was close to being fired before she resigned to take the Virgina job.

Just because someone is a good coach does not mean that they are good judges of what it takes to be a good coach. It seems that they might also have an issue with objectivity when it comes to their own assistants.

Holly got a job that appears to be totally over her head, because her mentor Pat recommended her. Now we might give Pat a pass because of her illness, but I really doubt that had so much to do with it. Good assistants do not always good coaches make.

But then again I might just be "crazy" to dare challenge the opinion of the hall of fame legend "Summits" perspective on her assistants competence to coach. But just don't pay any attention to either me or Ravendogs rants about inbreeding in WCBB- We all just crazy!

You're welcome to submit your resume any time you think you can do a better job. Phillip Fulmer is the AD at Tennessee and you can probably find his email at ut.edu

PostPosted: 01/29/18 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
willtalk wrote:

You're welcome to submit your resume any time you think you can do a better job. Phillip Fulmer is the AD at Tennessee and you can probably find his email at ut.edu

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 01/29/18 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Btw, does this loss end the "this is a different LV team, they don't lose to teams they shouldn't" idea, or did that line of thinking end w/ the loss at A&M?

PostPosted: 01/29/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

^^^^THIS. EXACTLY^^^^^

I remember a game last year where the coaches were mic’d up and Warlick was telling the players they didn’t need to be so tight guarding the three point line and in a subsequent huddle she was exhalting them to stop letting the opposition take three point shots. Is that Warlick in a nutshell?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/29/18 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has anyone considered the possibility that LSU is good and improving? I haven't paid attention to them at all apart from watching this game, so I don't have any opinion, though I thought their defense in this game was pretty good and there were also some good offensive plays.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/29/18 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU outplayed Tennessee. Effort , something PAT would never stand by . I saw so many flat footed LV's yesterday it was sickening to watch. Sad part is im getting accustomed to this type of effort lately . With the bad seeds gone they were "Supposedly" the reason . Shocked

PostPosted: 01/29/18 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LSU outplayed Tennessee. Effort , something PAT would never stand by . I saw so many flat footed LV's yesterday it was sickening to watch. Sad part is im getting accustomed to this type of effort lately . With the bad seeds gone they were "Supposedly" the reason . Shocked

Only for those who think HW can coach. Smile

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: