RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#25 Arizona State vs Stanford 1/26/18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigur3

PostPosted: 01/26/18 5:29 pm    ::: #25 Arizona State vs Stanford 1/26/18 Reply Reply with quote

9 PM CT

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/game?gameId=400994476

Pac-12 Bay Area

ucbart

PostPosted: 01/26/18 8:41 pm    ::: Re: #25 Arizona State vs Stanford 1/26/18 Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
9 PM CT

Pac-12 Bay Area

Stanfrord has to turn it around sometime, right? I mean, this is Stanford.....who has Tara! I

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/26/18 8:57 pm    ::: Re: #25 Arizona State vs Stanford 1/26/18 Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
9 PM CT

Pac-12 Bay Area

Stanfrord has to turn it around sometime, right? I mean, this is Stanford.....who has Tara! I

They are 6-2 in the Pac 12, tied for 2nd. Turn it around which way???

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/26/18 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cardinal, especially Carrington, looking good. They got 9 more shot attempts in the 1H because of their offensive rebounding and ASU's turnovers.

LINK to game
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/27/18 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey they covered the over/under anyway...

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/27/18 9:07 am    ::: Re: #25 Arizona State vs Stanford 1/26/18 Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
9 PM CT

Pac-12 Bay Area

They are 6-2 in the Pac 12, tied for 2nd. Turn it around which way???

Laughing

It looks more like the Slac12 this year.

A return to the T25 would be good, for starters.

PostPosted: 01/27/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah the PAC is off this year and it comes down to a lack of defensive intensity. We usually scout the bejeezus out of teams normally but you can see that ASU is down and they are normally defensive beasts. Just a down year overall.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 01/27/18 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Yeah the PAC is off this year and it comes down to a lack of defensive intensity. We usually scout the bejeezus out of teams normally but you can see that ASU is down and they are normally defensive beasts. Just a down year overall.

Both Stanford and ASU are much younger than usual and Tara doesn't water down her schedule. I think some teams like Washington are down and USC scheduled lightly as they are not deep. I think there was some wise scheduling based on the talent level this year. There are two teams in the top 10 RPI and 4 in the top 25 so not horrible either.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/27/18 7:01 pm    ::: Re: #25 Arizona State vs Stanford 1/26/18 Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Laughing

It looks more like the Slac12 this year.

A return to the T25 would be good, for starters.

name a conference which really isn't 'slack' this year? Maybe the SEC? The P12, B1G, B12, AAC are all worse than last year...and maybe the ACC too. Definitely a down year all around. Even the minors seem to be weak. ie I don't think Gonzaga or Green Bay are as strong as they have been this year. So is this just a really down year or is this the new 'normal'?

- Amanda Gorman
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/27/18 8:45 pm    ::: Re: #25 Arizona State vs Stanford 1/26/18 Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Definitely a down year all around.

The departure of Kelsey Plum
has left D1 a dumb, numb slum.
elsie

PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gonzaga is pretty good...very deep bench...but we'll see...they had the unfortunate schedule with 5 of the first 6 games played away.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 01/28/18 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Both Stanford and ASU are much younger than usual and Tara doesn't water down her schedule. I think some teams like Washington are down and USC scheduled lightly as they are not deep. I think there was some wise scheduling based on the talent level this year. There are two teams in the top 10 RPI and 4 in the top 25 so not horrible either.

Yeah, the Pac may have been stronger/deeper in previous years or it may not have been, I really don't know. But I *do* know that the Pac has been worse than this. Two teams in the RPI top 10 and four teams in the RPI top 25 is, historically, not too bad for the Pac.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: