RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Marquette at Villanova - 01/21/18 - 12 PM ET - FS1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/21/18 9:30 am    ::: Marquette at Villanova - 01/21/18 - 12 PM ET - FS1 Reply Reply with quote

Villanova, PA - 12:00 PM ET
TV: FS1

Video:
https://www.foxsportsgo.com/ (tvp)

Live stats:
http://www.villanova.com/gametracker/launch/gt_wbaskbl.html?event=1574406&school=nova&sport=wbaskbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Marquette looks to get back on track here after getting blown out by Georgetown on Friday. I fear this is the 2nd of 3 straight road losses (at DePaul Mon 1/29 is next). I can't watch today so maybe that will bring them luck Smile.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/21/18 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good start for Marquette 27_18 early in 2nd

Villanova uncharacteristically turning the ball over

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/21/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice bounce back for Marquette as they win 67-57. Erika Davenport had yet another double-double for MU with 22 points and 12 rebounds. Marquette finishes the first half of league play at 8-1.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/21/18 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was shocked that they lost to Georgetown. You're right, though; this is a great bounce back road win.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/21/18 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
I was shocked that they lost to Georgetown. You're right, though; this is a great bounce back road win.

I wasn't shocked that they lost at Georgetown but was not expecting them to get blown out so badly. It was probably good to have a short turnaround after Friday's loss. And it was especially nice to have a win before they have an 8 day layoff and head to DePaul for a big game there next time out.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/21/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:

I wasn't shocked that they lost at Georgetown but was not expecting them to get blown out so badly. It was probably good to have a short turnaround after Friday's loss. And it was especially nice to have a win before they have an 8 day layoff and head to DePaul for a big game there next time out.

Yeah, it was the MOV that was most shocking, but Massey had Marquette as a 12.5 point favorite with an 88% chance of winning, even though it was in DC.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/21/18 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Nice bounce back for Marquette as they win 67-57. Erika Davenport had yet another double-double for MU with 22 points and 12 rebounds. Marquette finishes the first half of league play at 8-1.

She also hit her first ever 3 pointer

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/21/18 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

She also hit her first ever 3 pointer

Yeah I saw her hit one when I had about 2 minutes to watch the game on my phone and immediately thought it must have been her first career three. It's not a shot I want to see her take real often though Smile.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/21/18 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:

Yeah, it was the MOV that was most shocking, but Massey had Marquette as a 12.5 point favorite with an 88% chance of winning, even though it was in DC.

It was interesting that Marquette and DePaul got blown out at GT and Villanova respectively Friday by almost the same score. Both rebounded with the wins today. Marquette's loss to GT is worse though I know. The MU-DePaul game in Chicago on 1/29 should be interesting - expecting a DePaul win but this Marquette team has surprised me before.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/21/18 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

It was interesting that Marquette and DePaul got blown out at GT and Villanova respectively Friday by almost the same score. Both rebounded with the wins today. Marquette's loss to GT is worse though I know. The MU-DePaul game in Chicago on 1/29 should be interesting - expecting a DePaul win but this Marquette team has surprised me before.

I consider the game a toss-up. Massey says 90-84 DePaul. Sagarin predicts a 4-pt DePaul win.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/21/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

I consider the game a toss-up. Massey says 90-84 DePaul. Sagarin predicts a 4-pt DePaul win.

Marquette has beaten DePaul 4 times in a row - I figure they're out for revenge big time. And DePaul shot very poorly in the game in Milwaukee - don't see that happening again. I'm just glad the game is on TV and that my kids will go to bed around the time it starts so I can watch it in peace Smile. If the game had been on a weekend, I might have gone but an 8P weeknight start will not work for a trip down to Chicago for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: