RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Mississippi State vs #6 Tennessee 1/21/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballgrl

PostPosted: 01/21/18 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
I watched a game yesterday where the refs disagreed on a charge/block call and reviewed the call to see if the defender was in or out of the protective arc.

I hate when refs decide to help a team get back in a game. Nred should be on the bench with 4 fouls. McCoan got hammered twice shooting with no call and then the non-call on Nared.

Rah Rah Rockytop Rolling Eyes

I also hate to see refs decide to help a team get back in the game. It did not work against Miss St as they are a better team than Tenn!

Great job Miss St! Congrat's on the win! Haven't loss so far this season.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/21/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least Tenn wasn't a first half team. They scored 26 in each half.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 01/21/18 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
yeah Nared has been up and down this season, being one of the leaders on the team thinking she has to takeover the game, she's forcing alot of shots that doesn't have too. she needs to let the game come to her.

just look at Vivians this year, she's letting the game come to her not forcing shots playing smart

Interesting how they didn't call Nard for being in the lane more than 3 sec, guess they only call that on Miss St. So obvious.

lol it sure didn't matter, watching this game miss st is a final 4 team no doubt in my mind. they are locked in

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/21/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jackson, Nared, and Davis went 7-34, and Tenn got their ***** handed to them on the boards while the big girl got 4 RB's, and Miss St took 14 more shots aided by 17 off. boards.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 01/21/18 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where are the box scores for this game and others? They used to be a link at the top of each game.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/21/18 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Where are the box scores for this game and others? They used to be a link at the top of each game.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400987792

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 01/21/18 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn should learn from this hopefully and get Russell more touches.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/21/18 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:

Tennessee is aware of the issue.

They are not, however, aware of the remedy.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/21/18 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:

Shades used to do that and I think he left because he felt unappreciated. He posts more on the Boneyard now.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 01/21/18 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Fighting Artichoke"][quote="bballjunkie"]Tenn should learn from this hopefully and get Russell more touches.[/quote]

They are not, however, aware of the remedy.[/quote]

Yes very puzzling indeed.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 01/21/18 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Indeed, that was the reason for a number of turnovers last game.
It truly makes me scratch my head, bc everyone knows they are trying to get the ball in there which makes them easy to scout, but they can't rely on her like that and expect to win against good, well prepared teams, so they must have some other plans. I'm not sure how much it is that they are not executing the plan, if the plan is not good or if they are collectively (top down) unable to make in game adjustments....*le sigh*

Thank y'all for entertaining my inquiry about Nared. This really looks like a different player from the last few years and it probably does have to do with no longer being able to counter balance Diamond, the subsequent loss of offensive weapons and her trying compensate by trying too hard. She used to be pretty clutch in difficult situations... I do wonder if the youth of the primary ball handlers is bitting them in the butt but I can't discount the scouting and defense of teams which inhibits their ability to do the things they want to do. Funny enough, while Nared has been questionable, Meme is having her best year.

On the other hand, Mississippi State looks good... Gritty and balanced and Vivians definitely looks smooth. Perhaps, they are the real deal!

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/22/18 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:

Shades used to do that and I think he left because he felt unappreciated. He posts more on the Boneyard now.

Didn't know that When did that start?

His incessant trolling of all things Notre Dame should make him instantly popular over there.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/22/18 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

This has been an issue for the last 3 seasons. Two years ago the fans blamed Holly's offense and Cooper. Last season the blamed Holly's offense and DeShields. This season they blame Holly's offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: