RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Elsewhere, in... (misc games 1/20-1/26)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/26/18 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Georgetown 48-48 4:40 to go

Creighton up 10 early in 2nd

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/26/18 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Georgetown pulls away to win 63-52.

Creighton scores only 3 in the second quarter, trails 22-20 at the half.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/26/18 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of setting women's basketball back thirty years. I'm not talking to you right now, St. John's.

(now with spelling variations)
sigur3

PostPosted: 01/26/18 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA only 7 points in the 2nd quarter and are trailing Washington at the half. Huskies shooting 50% from 3

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/26/18 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Speaking of setting women's basketball back thirty years. I'm not talking to you right now, St. John's.

They held the Blue Jays to 3 points in the second quarter and still lost by 14. I watched about half the game and it was sad, both ways.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/26/18 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington 45 UCLA 39 7:14 3rd
Washington St 51 USC 47 2:10 3rd

LA teams have never liked traveling up to the cold.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/26/18 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm starting a game thread for UCLA-UW if anyone wants to jump on board the train.

(now with spelling variations)
summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/26/18 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU beat Hofstra at the Convo Center, 73-56. Hofstra only dressed 8 players for the game, was missing its best player, Ashunae Durant, who was on crutches, plus 3 others I couldn't name, one of whom was on a scooter. Their ranks were depleted further when their PG, Leon, and Logan Reynolds both dove for the ball and Leon didn't come up. Scary moments as she just lay there on the floor unmoving and finally paramedics took her off on a stretcher. (She returned later in the game with a humongous ice bag attached to her hip and I imagine will not dress for the next couple of games.) Hofstra coach tried to make some sort of case to the ref who brushed her off big time. Their ranks were depleted some more towards the end of the game when two of their players fouled out. I was pretty impressed by the play of Boogie Brozoski, the transfer from Michigan, but couldn't help wondering what her real name is if she chooses to go by Boogie. It's the nickname of one of my grandsons also, but he prefers his given name for public consumption.

PostPosted: 01/26/18 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
JMU beat Hofstra at the Convo Center, 73-56. Hofstra only dressed 8 players for the game, was missing its best player, Ashunae Durant, who was on crutches, plus 3 others I couldn't name, one of whom was on a scooter. Their ranks were depleted further when their PG, Leon, and Logan Reynolds both dove for the ball and Leon didn't come up. Scary moments as she just lay there on the floor unmoving and finally paramedics took her off on a stretcher. (She returned later in the game with a humongous ice bag attached to her hip and I imagine will not dress for the next couple of games.) Hofstra coach tried to make some sort of case to the ref who brushed her off big time. Their ranks were depleted some more towards the end of the game when two of their players fouled out. I was pretty impressed by the play of Boogie Brozoski, the transfer from Michigan, but couldn't help wondering what her real name is if she chooses to go by Boogie. It's the nickname of one of my grandsons also, but he prefers his given name for public consumption.

Lauren "Boogie" Brozoski was a great high school player out of Long Island who couldn't quite make it in the Big 10. Back home it is nice to know she is coming back. She wasn't playing when I saw Hofstra in Las Vegas earlier this season and I had actually forgotten about her, but I'm glad she's doing well. I hope she can have a good senior season. As for the nickname, her father gave it to her when she showed some basketball talent at a young age in honor of a friend, and it has stuck.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/26/18 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USC makes a big 4th qtr comeback.

WSU hits a 3 with 42 seconds left

USC 73-72 0:06 to go WSU ball

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/26/18 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USC holds on 73-72

Big win for the Trojans. Need another win Sunday at Washington to get up to .500 in the Pac 12

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/27/18 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

They held the Blue Jays to 3 points in the second quarter and still lost by 14. I watched about half the game and it was sad, both ways.

Yeah I was surprised by that game - sorry Queenie.

I was also a little surprised that Butler lost at home to Georgetown.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/27/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Lauren "Boogie" Brozoski was a great high school player out of Long Island who couldn't quite make it in the Big 10. Back home it is nice to know she is coming back. She wasn't playing when I saw Hofstra in Las Vegas earlier this season and I had actually forgotten about her, but I'm glad she's doing well. I hope she can have a good senior season. As for the nickname, her father gave it to her when she showed some basketball talent at a young age in honor of a friend, and it has stuck.

If she'd stuck with it, she could have made it. She's GOOD. Should have gone someplace better than Hofstra, though. That coach.....

Anyone know what's wrong with Durant? We don't get all the news down here. She looked pretty hobbled up.

PostPosted: 01/27/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

If she'd stuck with it, she could have made it. She's GOOD. Should have gone someplace better than Hofstra, though. That coach.....

Anyone know what's wrong with Durant? We don't get all the news down here. She looked pretty hobbled up.

PostPosted: 01/27/18 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercer is taking control of the Southern Conference. They were 5-0 but had to take on E Tennessee St and Chattanooga back to back on the road. Thursday they beat E Tenn 85-65 and now today they have run off 23-7 lead midway through the second qtr. The Bears could be a tough out in the first round of the NCAA.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/27/18 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It took Rutgers 7 minutes to score in the 4th quarter.

Indiana up 8-2 in the 4th qtr, up 54-51 in the game with 1:22 to go.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/27/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana 56-51 with 45 seconds to go.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/27/18 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana 64-58 with 10 seconds to go.

If you like FT shooting this is your game.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/27/18 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Indiana 56-51 with 45 seconds to go.

RU was up 47-40 and then lost 58-64.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/27/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Finally it's over

Indiana 64-58. The last 45 seconds took 10 minutes.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/27/18 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers has lost three straight, right after entering the top 25.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/27/18 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDSU taking it to Fort Wayne today. 51-19 at halftime. Lots of good shooting going on in Frost!

pilight

PostPosted: 01/27/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mercer Bears completed a sweep of the Tennessee leg of their SoCon schedule with a 71-50 victory over Chattanooga.

PostPosted: 01/27/18 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CMU made a 4th quarter comeback to beat Western Michigan and keep undefeated in the MAC.

- Amanda Gorman
mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/27/18 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Eastern Michigan is taking it to Buffalo. UB leads by 3 with 1:39 left. Buffalo hasn’t lost at home.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: