RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#6 Tennessee @ #5 Notre Dame 1/18/18 7:00 PM ET ESPN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/19/18 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad

HMPH

PostPosted: 01/19/18 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

HMPH

See? Laughing

Howee

PostPosted: 01/19/18 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay. I'm in a playful mood tonight, with entirely too much time on my hands. Twisted Evil

I watched this game last night. I did NOT read through this thread at all, except to open it on page 3, where I read the 2 comments above. I want to see if I can write a summary of the thread's comments, then go back and see how close I was. Laughing

Major Points:

1. Notre Dame is hobbled.
2. Tennessee is on a roll.
3. Tennessee is playing amazing ball.
4. Notre Dame is hobbled.
5. The Refs suck for air.
6. Notre Dame is amazing.
7. Tennessee is playing idiotic ball.
8. Holly Warlick must be sentenced to death.
9. Niele Ivey is hot.

(Now I can go back and enjoy the thread from the beginning.)

Edit: Damn! I missed on #5 and #9 (I s'pose Rockhard didn't watch the game, LOL!)
My net reaction: I always am reminded that these games, even at this elite level, are played by KIDS. They're (very) young adults, yes, but sometimes the "kid" comes through, and they're still a bit vulnerable under pressures like this stage.

Other opinions:

A. Mercedes IS an asset to TN, even if she can't give a whole 40 minutes of productivity. I have no doubt she's dealing with significant orthopedic concerns.
B. Tennessee's freshmen are AMAZING. Barring an act of God, they should be quite formidable even by next year.
C. Holly will remain Holly, and this team IS an improvement over what she fielded last year. Thank you, Toxins-Be-Gone.
D. Arike Ogunbowale IS. A. STUD. I believe she and she alone deserves credit for what became a major Reversal of Fortunes on that stage last night. Proof that willpower (and hellish mad skills/conditioning/etc.) CAN make a difference. Axiomatic.
E. Yes, cthskzfn IS Ornery, Irascible, and Cantankerous, too. But in a lovable way (I mean, who leaves a game like that to make a pizza?? Razz)

That's my 2 cents. Keep the change. Cool

PostPosted: 01/20/18 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
How in hell does a 6'6 player completely disappear? Looking for YOU, Mercedes Russell! Rolling Eyes

I couldn't even watch the last 5 minutes of the game. I changed the channel and watched Rachel Maddow instead, it was so horrible. That's not usual for me, even when Tennessee is losing.

She’s going to be a near exact clone of Carolyn Swords in the WNBA. In other words, useless.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: