RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 UCONN @ #7 TEXAS 1/15/17 espn2 7pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They have the talent, but either no one's giving them direction on not jacking goddamn threes or they're not listening.

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Williams just hit a 15 footer.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

First time she actually looked to shoot when she got the ball there, too.

ucbart

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:32 pm    ::: Re: #1 UCONN @ #7 TEXAS 1/15/17 espn2 7pm Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Given what Texas has done so far this season, I see know reason to expect this game to be at all close.

Boyyyy Where you wrong ! Shocked

Yeah-Texas was preseason #2 for a reason. All the pieces are there.

Your the first person to actually state that with conviction . Its mostly been there an overrated team , now there competing with UCONN and its "They were pre-season #2 for a reason" Laughing Although i do agree they were for a reason , just crazy how the tide has changed. Not referring to you specifically Bart.

But I've never said one thing negative about Texas. In fact, see my first post in this thread. So, you said you weren't specifically talking to me in that post, but in fact, you were. So save that comment for someones post who warrants it. Thanks.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
tfan wrote:

yeah, it looked nice. I liked Kara saying the first time she shot from there tonight...it might be the first time she shot from there this year. Laughing I'd love to see her look more for her shot.

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:34 pm    ::: Re: #1 UCONN @ #7 TEXAS 1/15/17 espn2 7pm Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Given what Texas has done so far this season, I see know reason to expect this game to be at all close.

Your the first person to actually state that with conviction . Its mostly been there an overrated team , now there competing with UCONN and its "They were pre-season #2 for a reason" Laughing Although i do agree they were for a reason , just crazy how the tide has changed. Not referring to you specifically Bart.

Maybe it's because we only saw them on the road. Most of their home games are on the LHN and most are replays afyer the fact. I watched Holmes' first 2 games back and Texas looked like they hadn't a clue. Tonight they are a different team than they were either at Tenn or at TCU.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

newkid must be going nuts, wherever she is tonight.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:34 pm    ::: Re: #1 UCONN @ #7 TEXAS 1/15/17 espn2 7pm Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I'd just point out before the Texas hysteria goes overboard, at the end of 3Q Texas, at home, is down 6. At that stage, at UConn, Notre Dame was up 8. Now who wins down the stretch has mostly to do with who hits their shots, but it's not like Texas is putting on some unprecedented spectacular performance.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Williams is useless rebounding when she has to lay her body on Holmes. She needs to be free to jump.

ucbart

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:36 pm    ::: Re: #1 UCONN @ #7 TEXAS 1/15/17 espn2 7pm Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I'd just point out before the Texas hysteria goes overboard, at the end of 3Q Texas, at home, is down 6. At that stage, at UConn, Notre Dame was up 8. Now who wins down the stretch has mostly to do with who hits their shots, but it's not like Texas is putting on some unprecedented spectacular performance.

There you are! Knew that wouldn't take long

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:37 pm    ::: Re: #1 UCONN @ #7 TEXAS 1/15/17 espn2 7pm Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

I would say it is a pretty spectacular performance! I mean this is a team that lost to TCU! Who could possibly expect this?

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I long for a big big.

linkster wrote:
Williams is useless rebounding when she has to lay her body on Holmes. She needs to be free to jump.

And somehow people think that her height won't be an issue to her playing power forward in the WNBA.

Jumping has never been a substitute for height in basketball.

lynxmania

myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
tfan wrote:

yeah, it looked nice. I liked Kara saying the first time she shot from there tonight...it might be the first time she shot from there this year. Laughing I'd love to see her look more for her shot.

I understand they are running through their offense, but her not even looking to shoot from there worries me slightly for the pros, but if it works for UConn and Geno, who am I to judge Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Caron Goudreau doing a remarkable job matched up with Stephens. But then they went away from that matchup and Stephens scored.

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

come out of the time out, defensive fuck up for a wiiide open layup and a travel by the senior leader.

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:39 pm    ::: Re: #1 UCONN @ #7 TEXAS 1/15/17 espn2 7pm Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

But I've never said one thing negative about Texas. In fact, see my first post in this thread. So, you said you weren't specifically talking to me in that post, but in fact, you were. So save that comment for someones post who warrants it. Thanks.

Ok i was not referring to you , but now i am . Smh airhead

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joyner Holmes looks really bad...consistently

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
tfan wrote:

This has to be pointed out .... Laughing

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Joyner Holmes looks really bad...consistently

Just looks like she doesn’t know where she fits yet with this team.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now there's Texas basketball. McCarty aimlessly dribbles around, then Higgs gets the ball and drives right into jail and forces up a no-chance shot.

They were fortunate on the out-of-bounds review.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:47 pm    ::: Re: #1 UCONN @ #7 TEXAS 1/15/17 espn2 7pm Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Maybe it's because we only saw them on the road. Most of their home games are on the LHN and most are replays afyer the fact. I watched Holmes' first 2 games back and Texas looked like they hadn't a clue. Tonight they are a different team than they were either at Tenn or at TCU.

Those teams are athletic enough to guard against penetration. UConn isn't.

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:48 pm    ::: Re: #1 UCONN @ #7 TEXAS 1/15/17 espn2 7pm Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
linkster wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Those teams are athletic enough to guard against penetration. UConn isn't.

That was far more of a foul on Stevens than Collier's 5th.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:50 pm    ::: Re: #1 UCONN @ #7 TEXAS 1/15/17 espn2 7pm Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I would say it is a pretty spectacular performance! I mean this is a team that lost to TCU! Who could possibly expect this?

With the ton of talent they have, I'm not surprised. Overwhelming talent wasn't the reason they lost to TCU. They're erratic and undisciplined. So they can lose to TCU yet play UConn close.

And as I said "Now who wins down the stretch has mostly to do with who hits their shots". If you miss both free throws to ice the game, well........

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 01/15/18 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/15/18 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hilarious that KLS missed two there. UConn was trying to get her to the line. Now Caron Goudreau only makes 1 of 2. I'm just giggling.

- Amanda Gorman

Last edited by myrtle on 01/15/18 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: