RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Draft Day Trades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 01/12/18 8:54 pm    ::: Draft Day Trades Reply Reply with quote

Might as well think about this sort of thing.

Say the Sky (or Indiana for that matter) didn't want DD but think she is BPA and is available at the time they pick. What trades work?

to Dallas for No. 6 and Gray?
to Vegas for 13 and McBride?
to Atlanta for Holmes and Hayes, Clarendon or Sykes (God forbid)?
to NY for No. 10 and Stokes?

Or what other trades might happen on draft day?

Well J-Spoon is better at this than me......

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 01/13/18 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

no proposals....but I do wanna point out a rules tweak that flew off the page "something big may happen this year"

You can now trade 2 years worth of picks without waiting for the first pick to be drafted...aka how bill winged the Charles deal. (and got backlash from fans because Thomas was already announced as a lib...hey never said we were smart)

I found this interesting...I wonder how this got passed, namely IS there something in the works...or some trade request bubbling under...seems odd this rule would pass now...so what triggered it LOL

PostPosted: 01/13/18 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Chicago or Indiana will straight up take DD. So perhaps a different scenario would be better.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/13/18 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I think Chicago or Indiana will straight up take DD. So perhaps a different scenario would be better.

Agreed and where not trading gray im 100% sure of that. Maybe a scenario with Kaela Davis would have been better.

PostPosted: 01/13/18 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought you were a big fan of DD. But, yeah, probably Sky or Fever take DD. Sky need a 3 while Indiana needs just about everything. 3 and 4 to Indiana for the No. 2? Sky get DD, while Indiana gets Mitchell and their pick of WIllaims or whoever else they like better.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/13/18 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I thought you were a big fan of DD. But, yeah, probably Sky or Fever take DD. Sky need a 3 while Indiana needs just about everything. 3 and 4 to Indiana for the No. 2? Sky get DD, while Indiana gets Mitchell and their pick of WIllaims or whoever else they like better.

Yes i am a big fan of DD , but im a bigger fan of my wings . The team is one step away from title contender and this could be our year. We have enough on our plate with Liz. Id love to grab Diamond but it seems farfetched at this point. I do believe she is the best wing in this draft .

PostPosted: 01/13/18 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Indy should just take DD, but if Indy goes with Mitchell Chicago will have to decide between DD and G. Williams or just take both.

Maybe Indy re-signs Dupree and then PX trades Bonner and #8 for #2? Bonner and Dupree get to play together in Indy and Indy can take someone like L. Brown, Canada, Billings, or Nurse at #8 and PX can add DD to Taurasi and Griner. I'm not sure that is the best option for an Indy rebuild, but adding Bonner and #8, to Dupree, T. Mitchell, Wheeler, Achonwa and #14 is a quick fix rather than a rebuild.

I would love to get DD in NY, our post is pretty thin so Stokes at #10 would be risky but I would consider it. I would also offer Rodgers and #10 (even thoug I love Rodgers, I'd rather offer Prince but I'm not sure with Prince's previous Russian commitment and age if she would be as appealing of an asset as Rodgers (I would probably be willing to even throw in Allen (who played at Notre Dame in Indy and would be a decent back up in Indy) so Rodgers, Allen and #10. It seems like a lot but if Deshields lives up to her star potential she would be the second star that NY needs, and I'm not sure (unless someone demands a trade) that NY has any easier route to another star, but it is risky.

I like Deshields in Vegas, if Pokey wants a PG A healthy Jefferson and #13 seems like a decent option for the #2 pick. a Deshields gives me some Nolas flavor and Laibeer seem to love Nolan so I think even with some possible attitude issues he could get on board with Deshields and solve his two tiny guard line up in one move.

Chicago is a harder trade partner they have two picks and don't really need that many additional assets so putting together a 2 for 1 to get the #3/4 pick seem like a challenge. Chicago does need a PF so from NY maybe Stokes (who already has playing experience with Dolson) and #10 but I'm not sure.

If I'm Dallas and think I can get a PF free agent or at #6 maybe I see if Chicago would do GloJo for #3 straight up. Dacis and #6 for #3 is an interesting idea, Billings is the next PF after Wilson on the board and Chi could use a PF so they could get Billings at 6 and Davis, with Dallas replacing Davis/Christmas with Deshields.

Atl could offer Hayes and a 2nd round pick, but I would just keep Hayes if I were Atl.

If Beard was retiring I would offer #11 and Lavender to either Indy or Chicago for the Deshields pick, but if Beard is still there I would rather keep Lavender and the pick if I were LA. On the other hand a starting line up of Gray, Sims, Deshields, Ogwumike and Parker is pretty exciting, even if I don't have a bench.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/13/18 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting ideas J-Spoon. The real question is whether Indy/Chicago (and even Atlanta) want a full rebuild or like you as a quick fix. Indy seems like they need a total rebuild, and Atlanta probably thinks they need a quick fix (and w/o a No. 1 they would have to trade next year's No. 1 for anything). So that leaves us with Chicago. I think they are pretty far along in a rebuild, but they still have Sloot, Quigley and Breland who are no longer youngsters. So maybe they trade one of thier picks for a position of need and keep one to find the eventual replacement for one of the older players. Question

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/14/18 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I think Indy should just take DD, but if Indy goes with Mitchell Chicago will have to decide between DD and G. Williams or just take both.

If those were my choices I would sure hope someone would want to trade up. I believe there are better choices, particularly because I think McCowan will come out, but I think DD in particular would be a real problem in Indy and Williams seems like a mid 1st rounder because of her size.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/14/18 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Maybe Indy re-signs Dupree and then PX trades Bonner and #8 for #2? Bonner and Dupree get to play together in Indy and Indy can take someone like L. Brown, Canada, Billings, or Nurse at #8 and PX can add DD to Taurasi and Griner. I'm not sure that is the best option for an Indy rebuild, but adding Bonner and #8, to Dupree, T. Mitchell, Wheeler, Achonwa and #14 is a quick fix rather than a rebuild.

I would love to get DD in NY, our post is pretty thin so Stokes at #10 would be risky but I would consider it. I would also offer Rodgers and #10 (even thoug I love Rodgers, I'd rather offer Prince but I'm not sure with Prince's previous Russian commitment and age if she would be as appealing of an asset as Rodgers (I would probably be willing to even throw in Allen (who played at Notre Dame in Indy and would be a decent back up in Indy) so Rodgers, Allen and #10. It seems like a lot but if Deshields lives up to her star potential she would be the second star that NY needs, and I'm not sure (unless someone demands a trade) that NY has any easier route to another star, but it is risky.

I like Deshields in Vegas, if Pokey wants a PG A healthy Jefferson and #13 seems like a decent option for the #2 pick. a Deshields gives me some Nolas flavor and Laibeer seem to love Nolan so I think even with some possible attitude issues he could get on board with Deshields and solve his two tiny guard line up in one move.

Chicago is a harder trade partner they have two picks and don't really need that many additional assets so putting together a 2 for 1 to get the #3/4 pick seem like a challenge. Chicago does need a PF so from NY maybe Stokes (who already has playing experience with Dolson) and #10 but I'm not sure.

Quote:
If I'm Dallas and think I can get a PF free agent or at #6 maybe I see if Chicago would do GloJo for #3 straight up. Dacis and #6 for #3 is an interesting idea, Billings is the next PF after Wilson on the board and Chi could use a PF so they could get Billings at 6 and Davis, with Dallas replacing Davis/Christmas with Deshields.

Atl could offer Hayes and a 2nd round pick, but I would just keep Hayes if I were Atl.

If Beard was retiring I would offer #11 and Lavender to either Indy or Chicago for the Deshields pick, but if Beard is still there I would rather keep Lavender and the pick if I were LA. On the other hand a starting line up of Gray, Sims, Deshields, Ogwumike and Parker is pretty exciting, even if I don't have a bench.

I like your ideas , but the glory scenario was already experienced last season and fell through with that specific team so i doubt that happens . KD for # 3 or #4 could be a nice deal. I dont think anyone in this draft past #1 deserves a plsyer & a pick from our wings so id decline #6 & KD for anything other than #1 which i dont see happening either. KD & our 2nd rounder maybe ?

PostPosted: 01/14/18 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I find it very hard to believe that anyone in the league is going to rate Kaela Davis anywhere near as highly as you do.

PostPosted: 01/14/18 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I find it very hard to believe that anyone in the league is going to rate Kaela Davis anywhere near as highly as you do.

That's probably true, but no one in the league would trade McBride even up for DeShields either, much less McBride and a first choice.

Gray/DeShields even up might be a fair exchange (certainly no 1st Rd pick included), but makes no sense for Dallas. They finally after many false starts appear to have constructed an excellent back court for years to come. Why would they want to undo that and recreate a hole at the 2 for a speculative chance at solving their 3 problem? That would make no sense. They should stand pat and pray Russell falls into their lap.

On the other hand, I think DeShields is worth more than Stokes and #10.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/14/18 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bonner & Phoenix's 1st round pick to Indiana for their #2 pick(McCowan).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 01/14/18 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Yes i am a big fan of DD , but im a bigger fan of my wings . The team is one step away from title contender and this could be our year. We have enough on our plate with Liz. Id love to grab Diamond but it seems farfetched at this point. I do believe she is the best wing in this draft .

The team is two or three steps away and one good coach away from title contender.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/14/18 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Bonner & Phoenix's 1st round pick to Indiana for their #2 pick(McCowan).

Nope.

If Bonner wants to come to Indiana, there is no reason for Indiana to overpay for her. The market in the league has proven that if a player demands to go to your team, you pay pennies on the dollar for her.

If you can't get her for less, you don't bother. In full rebuild mode, that lottery pick is way too valuable.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/14/18 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

The team is two or three steps away and one good coach away from title contender.

Think your stretching it a bit but that's your opinion. Once we add Liz ill watch closely to see if or when you change up which ive seen a lot.

PostPosted: 01/15/18 4:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Think your stretching it a bit but that's your opinion. Once we add Liz ill watch closely to see if or when you change up which ive seen a lot.

I don’t remember seeing Liz say she’s 100% coming to Dallas next season.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/15/18 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

I don’t remember seeing Liz say she’s 100% coming to Dallas next season.

Right Mate .....you dont remember so it means not happening at all got ya Rolling Eyes

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: