RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Notre Dame at Louisville 1/11/2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1423



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice help by Durr NOT Laughing


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3141



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
I mean its like Louisville are playing against nothing cos they are not being guarded at all.


Then how does ND have so many fouls?


At least one of the fouls on both Arike & Marina were offense.


And both those offensive fouls were VERY questionable. Don't you agree?


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4439



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just got back from the gym and watching the first half there was painful!!!!!

I think that it was Lawson that something about MM bringing the ball up the floor and then needing to run the offense too. How tiring that is. I'd like to see someone other than MM bring the ball up the floor. Give MM a chance to look things over and then take over the PG roll from there.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 5753



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone who plays Notre Dame from now on is going to pressure Mabrey. She is not a good option for point guard with pressure.


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3141



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Anyone who plays Notre Dame from now on is going to pressure Mabrey. She is not a good option for point guard with pressure.


Can you think of someone else that is left on the team?


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3141



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Louisville is just shooting so well. You just have to give them credit. Notre Dame hasn't terrible on offense but Louisville have been ridiculously efficient on offense.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 3146



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
linkster wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
I mean its like Louisville are playing against nothing cos they are not being guarded at all.


Then how does ND have so many fouls?


At least one of the fouls on both Arike & Marina were offense.


And both those offensive fouls were VERY questionable. Don't you agree?


I've seen those either called offensive or not called.

The point is that there were 7 fouls called on ND in the half and at least 2 were offensive calls. You were trying to equate those with tight defense. That's all I disagree with.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 9357
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thank you, kara lawson, for adding some reality to the sob story.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1423



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jeez at least give the Irish one of those same calls, that pretty bad.


purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2227
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Jeez at least give the Irish one of those same calls, that pretty bad.


One of what calls?


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1423



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Irish got hit the same amount as the Cards but the Cards got the call, finally they get a call, sorry but there is a discrepancy and I am not an Irish homer.

Obviously the Irish are not playing any D or smart D but they are getting the same amount of contact and not getting the same calls.




Last edited by Nixtreefan on 01/11/18 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5539



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So far, this is what's called an "Old-Fashioned Ass Whipping". Ouch!



_________________












cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 9357
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

insult to injury



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
mikeyc22



Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 2248
Location: Connecticut


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is just wild. I watched them against GT in which they only won by 3 and they look like a completely different team


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3141



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
This is just wild. I watched them against GT in which they only won by 3 and they look like a completely different team


Louisville is playing out of their minds tonight. Notre Dame is not playing well. The Cardinals are not as good as they look tonight and Notre Dame is not as bad as they look tonight. But Louisville absolutely deserves to claim they are better than Notre Dame.

Louisville is shooting 11/16 from 3, well above their season average.


purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2227
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
The Irish got hit the same amount as the Cards but the Cards got the call, finally they get a call, sorry but there is a discrepancy and I am not an Irish homer.

Obviously the Irish are not playing any D or smart D but they are getting the same amount of contact and not getting the same calls.


I guess we are watching a different game. I don't feel like many fouls had even been called so I just went to the box score. There have been 16 fouls called through 3 quarters, 9 on Notre Dame and 7 on Louisville.

Louisville has just played a remarkable game on both ends of the floor.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 5753



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
tfan wrote:
Anyone who plays Notre Dame from now on is going to pressure Mabrey. She is not a good option for point guard with pressure.


Can you think of someone else that is left on the team?


Ogwanbale. But I wasn't saying to change it up, just that she is gonna face a lot of pressure by anybody who saw this game.




Last edited by tfan on 01/11/18 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikeyc22



Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 2248
Location: Connecticut


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ve seen some of the stuff people were talking about regarding Mabrey. yelling at her teammates and negative body language. Then just swinging her arm out after Lou got called for the foul:


purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2227
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I assume Walz takes out the starters at the media time out? I mean, the game is well in hand. I would hate to see an injury happen to a starter at this point.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 5753



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
I assume Walz takes out the starters at the media time out? I mean, the game is well in hand. I would hate to see an injury happen to a starter at this point.


The idea of benching your starters during a blowout is frowned upon by coaches these days.


purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2227
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
I assume Walz takes out the starters at the media time out? I mean, the game is well in hand. I would hate to see an injury happen to a starter at this point.


The idea of benching your starters during a blowout is frowned upon by coaches these days.


ok thanks


sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5723
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Anyone who plays Notre Dame from now on is going to pressure Mabrey. She is not a good option for point guard with pressure.


It also takes away the Ogunbowale/Young post-up action that ND has been trying so often in this game. Sharp defensive adjustment by Walz.



_________________
chicago sky tankwagon 2017
Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3141



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
I assume Walz takes out the starters at the media time out? I mean, the game is well in hand. I would hate to see an injury happen to a starter at this point.


The idea of benching your starters during a blowout is frowned upon by coaches these days.


Well then Muffet should put in all her walk-ons and shame Walz into it. She certainly doesn't need anyone to get injured at this point.


purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2227
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
tfan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
I assume Walz takes out the starters at the media time out? I mean, the game is well in hand. I would hate to see an injury happen to a starter at this point.


The idea of benching your starters during a blowout is frowned upon by coaches these days.


Well then Muffet should put in all her walk-ons and shame Walz into it. She certainly doesn't need anyone to get injured at this point.


Oh boy...looks like he took them out. Guess he hadn't gotten the memo that he shouldn't do it.


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5539



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Domination... AT EVERY POSITION!



_________________












Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3141



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
tfan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
I assume Walz takes out the starters at the media time out? I mean, the game is well in hand. I would hate to see an injury happen to a starter at this point.


The idea of benching your starters during a blowout is frowned upon by coaches these days.


Well then Muffet should put in all her walk-ons and shame Walz into it. She certainly doesn't need anyone to get injured at this point.


Oh boy...looks like he took them out. Guess he hadn't gotten the memo that he shouldn't do it.


Muffet put in one walk-on put she should have put in at least 2. Can't put in all 3 because then there is no wing.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 3146



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Walz is publically berating his subs in front of all the fans with an insurmountable lead ??????????????????????

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy


Oldfandepot2



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 904
Location: Northeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, first time in 19 years that the Irish have allowed a 100 points. It took an offensively unconscious shooting team to do it.



_________________
Cave Canem!
We must listen to each other no matter how much it hurts. Bishop Desmond Tutu.
Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3141



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Louisville. You completely destroyed the Irish. Muffet and ND have a bunch of disgusting tape to digest.


bballjunkie



Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 439



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just wow, someone help me out here, they let 2 players beat you and where are the adjustments. Why did they start in a zone which basically was a “I am just gonna stand and not move”, it’s just so unlike Muffet. I get the short bench but that doesn’t mean don’t play D, don’t hustle etc I am just baffled.


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3141



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Wow, first time in 19 years that the Irish have allowed a 100 points. It took an offensively unconscious shooting team to do it.

Thanks, but the defense wasn't good enough, either. Louisville played very, very well. ND didn't step up.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 9357
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Walz is publically berating his subs in front of all the fans with an insurmountable lead ??????????????????????

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy



i'd wager he missed it.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
AAOK423



Joined: 19 Apr 2014
Posts: 1109



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Unbelievable game for Louisville. Go Cards!


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3141



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Just wow, someone help me out here, they let 2 players beat you and where are the adjustments. Why did they start in a zone which basically was a “I am just gonna stand and not move”, it’s just so unlike Muffet. I get the short bench but that doesn’t mean don’t play D, don’t hustle etc I am just baffled.


I'm sure that Muffet is baffled as well. ND's defense wasn't good, but Louisville was hitting everything! They were 11/17 from 3, and some were the circus variety. Did you see that 3 by Durr at 3rd quarter buzzer?


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3141



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
Wow. Unbelievable game for Louisville. Go Cards!


Congrats. You guys played super well!


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14017
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there an argument that Louisville should be ranked No. 1?


bballjunkie



Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 439



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s not what beat you, the wide open shots beat you over and over again.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 9357
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Is there an argument that Louisville should be ranked No. 1?


Probably, in Lou.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12308



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Why did they start in a zone which basically was a “I am just gonna stand and not move”, it’s just so unlike Muffet.


They have played 100% zone since Thompson was lost. They have zero reserve guards. They play zone so they can make it through 40 minutes.

Take Samuelson, Dangerfield, Stevens and Walker off of Connecticut for the year and see where they would be. And even without those four they'd have a lot deeper bench than ND has.

They'd have to make adjustments in their play that they'd prefer not to make just like ND has has to do.

It was going to catch up with them at some point.


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3141



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Is there an argument that Louisville should be ranked No. 1?

No way. They can prove that in a few weeks when they play UConn.

UConn has done nothing to lose their spot.


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3141



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
Why did they start in a zone which basically was a “I am just gonna stand and not move”, it’s just so unlike Muffet.


They have played 100% zone since Thompson was lost. They have zero reserve guards. They play zone so they can make it through 40 minutes.

Take Samuelson, Dangerfield, Stevens and Walker off of Connecticut for the year and see where they would be. And even without those four they'd have a lot deeper bench than ND has.

They'd have to make adjustments in their play that they'd prefer not to make just like ND has has to do.

It was going to catch up with them at some point.


Probably not the best analogy. ND is missing one starter (Turner) and then the 6, 7, and 8 players. It would be as if UConn lost Lou (or Gabby), Azure, Megan Walker, and Mikayla Coombs.


AAOK423



Joined: 19 Apr 2014
Posts: 1109



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
Wow. Unbelievable game for Louisville. Go Cards!


Congrats. You guys played super well!


Thanks! They definatley played over their heads and ND definatly didn't play as well as they normally do. Hope to see these two teams meet in the ACC tournament. I suspect it will be a much closer game!


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3141



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
Wow. Unbelievable game for Louisville. Go Cards!


Congrats. You guys played super well!


Thanks! They definatley played over their heads and ND definatly didn't play as well as they normally do. Hope to see these two teams meet in the ACC tournament. I suspect it will be a much closer game!


Not if play like you did tonight!


bballjunkie



Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 439



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Fighting Artichoke"][quote="ArtBest23"][quote="bballjunkie"] Why did they start in a zone which basically was a “I am just gonna stand and not move”, it’s just so unlike Muffet. [/quote]

They have played 100% zone since Thompson was lost. They have zero reserve guards. They play zone so they can make it through 40 minutes.

[b]Take Samuelson, Dangerfield, Stevens and Walker off of Connecticut for the year and see where they would be. And even without those four they'd have a lot deeper bench than ND has.[/b]

They'd have to make adjustments in their play that they'd prefer not to make just like ND has has to do.

It was going to catch up with them at some point.[/quote]

Probably not the best analogy. ND is missing one starter (Turner) and then the 6, 7, and 8 players. It would be as if UConn lost Lou (or Gabby), Azure, Megan Walker, and Mikayla Coombs.[/quote]

Thanks FA, you are always the voice of reason. I was just so surprised at the lack of hustle even in the zone.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 3146



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McGraw should consider only playing 2 guards at a time.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12308



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
Why did they start in a zone which basically was a “I am just gonna stand and not move”, it’s just so unlike Muffet.


They have played 100% zone since Thompson was lost. They have zero reserve guards. They play zone so they can make it through 40 minutes.

Take Samuelson, Dangerfield, Stevens and Walker off of Connecticut for the year and see where they would be. And even without those four they'd have a lot deeper bench than ND has.

They'd have to make adjustments in their play that they'd prefer not to make just like ND has has to do.

It was going to catch up with them at some point.


Probably not the best analogy. ND is missing one starter (Turner) and then the 6, 7, and 8 players. It would be as if UConn lost Lou (or Gabby), Azure, Megan Walker, and Mikayla Coombs.


Best player/all American plus part time starting point guard. There is no direct analogy to Thompson. On there other hand your throwing Coombs in there is completely out of left field. I think my four was a fair comparison.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 9357
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

here's hoping the Cards shot their load



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 3146



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems as if a lot of the top teams are showing a wide performance range from game to game and a lot of it seems to depend on whether they are home or on the road. Tonight we saw both teams play at an extreme end of their capability.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12308



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duplicate


#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1214



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No way LouConn goes before Durr next year in the Draft, she’s something special and really fun to watch.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin