RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

200,000 Salvadorans will be forced to leave the U.S.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/08/18 10:30 am    ::: 200,000 Salvadorans will be forced to leave the U.S. Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Department of Homeland Security will not renew the Temporary Protected Status designation that has allowed the Salvadorans to remain in the United States since at least 2001, when their country was struck by a pair of devastating earthquakes, according to multiple people with knowledge of the plan.

Individuals will have until September 2019 to leave or seek other means to obtain lawful residency. DHS will make its formal announcement later this morning, these people said.

The decision is likely to please immigration hard-liners who argue the TPS program was never intended to provide long-term residency.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/200000-salvadorans-will-be-forced-to-leave-the-us-or-face-deportation-as-trump-administration-ends-immigration-protection/ar-BBI6zHb

PostPosted: 01/08/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If these people and others who face possible deportation have never legally applied for permanent residency or citizenship, then yes, they should be sent back to their original countries. I can’t stand the sight of Trump, who is the worst President the US has ever had in it’s history but if people come to the US illegally for any reason, have been living in the US without ever filing the documents needed to live here and are being deported, well duh, bye. They shouldn’t be here. I had to spend thousands of dollars, fill out tons of paper work, hire an immigration lawyer to help and had to wait months before I knew if I was accepted permanent residence before I was finally given my green card. I don’t give two shits about how bad it was in their own countries, if you come here and don’t apply for citizenship and are here illegally, then get the fuck out. If I had to go through all the stress and endless paperwork and legal fees and document fees to get here, so should everyone else.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/08/18 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
If these people and others who face possible deportation have never legally applied for permanent residency or citizenship, then yes, they should be sent back to their original countries. I can’t stand the sight of Trump, who is the worst President the US has ever had in it’s history but if people come to the US illegally for any reason, have been living in the US without ever filing the documents needed to live here and are being deported, well duh, bye. They shouldn’t be here. I had to spend thousands of dollars, fill out tons of paper work, hire an immigration lawyer to help and had to wait months before I knew if I was accepted permanent residence before I was finally given my green card. I don’t give two shits about how bad it was in their own countries, if you come here and don’t apply for citizenship and are here illegally, then get the fuck out. If I had to go through all the stress and endless paperwork and legal fees and document fees to get here, so should everyone else.

You might want to actually read the stories before you throw vitriol like there. There is nothing illegal or undocumented about the immigration status for these 200,000 people. None are here illegally.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 01/08/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

You might want to actually read the stories before you throw vitriol like there. There is nothing illegal or undocumented about the immigration status for these 200,000 people. None are here illegally.

It was temporary. Meaning it wasn’t supposed to be forever. Now it’s possibly ending so they need to actually apply for permanent residence or citizenship like everyone else has and had to do. They may not be here illegally now but if this free pass does end, they’ll be here illegally and some said they’ll stay here illegally. Now that their free pass could end, they’re crying about it instead of saying ‘thanks for letting me stay here under the temporary protection status’ and I emphasize the word ‘temporary’. Should they all be allowed to stay? Some own homes, work, pay taxes etc. Sure, they should be able to stay, but only if they apply for permanent residence or citizenship. If they are accepted, great. If not, go back to your original country. I don’t see the issue with this. When applying, these people should get a better chance at staying than the actual illegal immigrants, sure, but they should still have to file the applications/petitions and pay the fee’s associated with them like everyone else HAD to do. That’s all I’m sayin.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/08/18 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

It was temporary. Meaning it wasn’t supposed to be forever. Now it’s possibly ending so they need to actually apply for permanent residence or citizenship like everyone else has and had to do. They may not be here illegally now but if this free pass does end, they’ll be here illegally and some said they’ll stay here illegally. Now that their free pass could end, they’re crying about it instead of saying ‘thanks for letting me stay here under the temporary protection status’ and I emphasize the word ‘temporary’. Should they all be allowed to stay? Some own homes, work, pay taxes etc. Sure, they should be able to stay, but only if they apply for permanent residence or citizenship. If they are accepted, great. If not, go back to your original country. I don’t see the issue with this. When applying, these people should get a better chance at staying than the actual illegal immigrants, sure, but they should still have to file the applications/petitions and pay the fee’s associated with them like everyone else HAD to do. That’s all I’m sayin.

That is, in fact, not what you said at all.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 01/08/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Getting deported back to their country unless they file for citizenship and are accepted like everyone else has to do is exactly what I said. I made myself quite clear the first time.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/08/18 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

That is, in fact, not what you said at all.

You're arguing with someone that has a very vivid imagination ... whose last 3 personas have had 3 different nationalities, so I wouldn't expend too much energy on it.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: