RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Yale psychiatry professor....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 01/04/18 11:37 am    ::: Yale psychiatry professor.... Reply Reply with quote

....sez what needs to be said! Shocked Razz

And in other shocking news: it's winter in North America. Laughing

PostPosted: 01/04/18 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thanks. i needed a thread to post this. (though i don't, for one second, consider wolff's book the work of serious, investigative journalism, so much as using his gift for playing people to get them to say more than they should. the headline, too, is old news, but it still holds some shock value.)

Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President

By Michael Wolff
Illustrations by Jeffrey Smith

Election Night: It “looked as if he had seen a ghost.”

PostPosted: 01/04/18 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would like to see details as to what she sees as his "mental health unraveling". He didn't tweet about having a nuclear button 18 or 6 months ago. but Kim Jon Il didn't tweet about having one back then either. He had character flaws/issues all along to me.

I was watching CNN pundits discuss the negative book that is coming out - article by the author here. One repeated thing was about his inability to grasp a lot of details or short attention span. But from my experience at work, that is what you get with people up the management ladder all the way to the top. Plus, Trump is in his 70's. You want a mind like a steel trap and you'd better lower the minimum age for President to 18. There are people in management all the way up to CEO offices all over America with short attention spans and inability to handle a lot of details. But just like Trump, they have people under them to handle the details and study things in depth. Trump may be the worst in terms of attention span and attention to detail, but I can't imagine Bush being good at either and while Clinton and Obama are characterized as very sharp, I there that is a lot of exaggeration in claims like that. Both were middle-aged politicians.

I would be on board with requiring all presidential candidates to demonstrate sufficient mental acuity via a standardized test that judged their attention to detail and attention span or other mental capabilities. I think it would give us a lot younger presidential candidates if the standards are set tough enough. Obviously, the current system does not filter out such issues if Trump is as bad as they say. But Trump made it through despite The Art of the Deal author Tony Schwartz telling anyone he could before the election that Trump had an alarmingly short attention span back in the late 1980's when he would have still been in his 40's.

Last edited by tfan on 01/04/18 4:40 pm; edited 8 times in total
pilight

PostPosted: 01/04/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michael Wolff has a history of making stuff up. I'd take anything he writes with a huge grain of salt.

PostPosted: 01/04/18 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chuck Todd just said on MSNBC that Trump is no different now than the guy "we have covered for 40 years". One of his panelists (don't think she is Republican) said that if the Democrats push the idea that he is mentally unfit it would backfire. Another panelist hedged a little, saying it could backfire but it might be something that should be pursued based on Trump's behavior.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/04/18 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Obviously, the current system does not filter out such issues if Trump is as bad as they say.

A. Trump is actually WORSE than 'they' say, LOL....'they' are still being somewhat circumspect in how it's being put out there.
B. Excess wealth makes many things appear palatable.

tfan wrote:
But Trump made it through despite The Art of the Deal author Tony Schwartz telling anyone he could before the election that Trump had an alarmingly short attention span back in the late 1980's when he would have still been in his 40's.

A short attention span is hardly the biggest concern here: the 'unravelling' is more about his increasing inability to grasp/comprehend Reality. Like, the Reality that you don't get into Public Pissing Matches with Mentally Unstable Dictators. Cuz Nuclear War is not just a scary movie. Etc.

PostPosted: 01/04/18 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

A short attention span is hardly the biggest concern here: the 'unravelling' is more about his increasing inability to grasp/comprehend Reality. Like, the Reality that you don't get into Public Pissing Matches with Mentally Unstable Dictators. Cuz Nuclear War is not just a scary movie. Etc.

I was trying to say that I don't think those tweets are reflective of an unraveling. I think Trump would have made the same tweets about the North Korean 10 years ago.

Check out Trump from about 10 years ago when he was mad that Rosie O'Donnell made fun of him on The View. Wouldn't this guy have made the same tweets?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NP7Lixcc_jQ" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Howee

PostPosted: 01/04/18 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

True enough....and also, we've given The Krazy One an even bigger stage on which to shine, and even more media hype to glamorize it all since he shredded Rosie. Just The American Way, eh? Shocked Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: