RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UCLA @ California - 12/31/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/30/17 11:25 pm    ::: UCLA @ California - 12/31/17 Reply Reply with quote

Berkeley, CA - 2:00 PM ET
TV: Pac-12 Network

Video:
http://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2017/12/31/ucla-california (tvp)

Audio:
http://ucla.leanplayer.com/

Live stats:
http://www.calbears.com/sports/2016/8/22/live-stats.aspx

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 12/31/17 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/31/17 1:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully there will be a big crowd in Berkeley for this top 20 matchup. 11 am start on a football Sunday isn't ideal, but $1 tickets and free t-shirts for the first 1200 fans should assure that some people get out of bed early for this one. The box score showed the crowd for USC at 2300; I actually thought there were a few more people there. I'd like to see 3000 tomorrow.

Cal's new offense, with Anigwe all but abandoning the low post, still looks weird. Anigwe hit 3 3-pointers on Friday, increasing her career total to 4. It would be nice to think that UCLA could play another game like they played Friday against Stanford or last season up here, but I suspect the Bruins will put forth a strong effort, and I expect an exciting game.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/31/17 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

25 members oF the Straw Hat Band have come to entertain what looks like 750 fans who have arrived 15 minutes before the start of this top 20 clash.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/31/17 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching Penina Davidson, Chen Yue and Sara A warming up, I realize it is already 2018 in their home countries, so HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/31/17 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal 11-6

Cal has had some difficulty with UCLA press. UCLA shooting poorly.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/31/17 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA 19-15 after 1

Cal has 8 turnovers.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/31/17 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA 34-19 at the half.

Cal was awful. UCLA finally played the last 4 minutes to pull away.

Cal scored 4 points and had 7 turnovers in the second quarter, and if possible looked even worse. From the time Anigwe went out with two fouls there was no cohesion or leadership.

Maybe 11 am is just too early for basketball.

On the bright side, the crowd did fill out and there may be 3000 people here. Hopefully they will have something to cheer for in the second half because the first half was difficult to watch.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/31/17 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA 43-21

This game can't end soon enough for the Bears. Anigwe was late coming out of the locker room but was inserted into the game as soon as she came out. The team is just out of sorts.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/31/17 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA 58-30 end of 3

Cal only had 5 TO, but I didn't notice the improvement. I'm just glad they aren't playing Arizona, because the way they are playing they would be losing to them. They are 1-1 in the Pac12 and that isn't bad. Just leave this game behind in 2017 and start the new year fresh.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/31/17 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA 82-46 FINAL

Billings 20 points 10 rebounds
Canada 16 points 9 assists

Anigwe 15 points 10 rebounds
Cal 24 turnovers

LitePal

PostPosted: 12/31/17 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA looked good with good chemistry and no question, Cal looked terrible. No Anigwe and there was absolutely nothing out there.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 12/31/17 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yay! I'm a happy UCLA WBB fan!

FWIW, today's 36-point margin of victory is the largest in the history of the UCLA WBB program in a game at Cal, topping the 32-point victory UCLA posted in 1998.

Congrats to the UCLA players and coaches who pulled off a big win on the home floor of a tough opponent in front of a large crowd.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/31/17 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Surprised at the MOV.

Did their fiasco at SU motivate them that much?

PostPosted: 01/01/18 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:

FWIW, today's 36-point margin of victory is the largest in the history of the UCLA WBB program in a game at Cal, topping the 32-point victory UCLA posted in 1998.

Congrats to the UCLA players and coaches who pulled off a big win on the home floor of a tough opponent in front of a large crowd.

Congrats to you. I'm not sure what to think from a UCLA perspective. They took awhile to take control even as Cal could barely put one foot in front of the other. Once they took control toward the latter part of the second quarter they came together. They seemed comfortable playing with a large lead but were struggling when the game was close. This would concern me more, but when I saw them in Las Vegas they played well until they had a good lead and then got bored.

In any event, hopefully Cal can redeem themselves in 3 weeks, and then I can start rooting for the Bruins the rest of the way.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 01/02/18 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

Congrats to you. I'm not sure what to think from a UCLA perspective. They took awhile to take control even as Cal could barely put one foot in front of the other. Once they took control toward the latter part of the second quarter they came together. They seemed comfortable playing with a large lead but were struggling when the game was close. This would concern me more, but when I saw them in Las Vegas they played well until they had a good lead and then got bored.

In any event, hopefully Cal can redeem themselves in 3 weeks, and then I can start rooting for the Bruins the rest of the way.

Good luck to Cal the rest of the way, except for 3 weeks from now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: