RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Australian Opals 2018
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18061



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/20/17 7:13 pm    ::: Australian Opals 2018 Reply Reply with quote

3 players have been added today to the Opals squad for their February camp in Italy: Sami Whitcomb, whose Aussie citizenship must be progressing, and Adelaide backcourt Aimee Clydesdale & Nicole Seekamp. Seekamp is having an excellent WNBL season so I like that inclusion.

Due to overseas commitments, not all the players listed will actually be available for that camp (or for the Commonwealth Games, which is what this camp is preparing the squad for).

Full list:

Rebecca Allen (Lyon- France)
Suzy Batkovic (JCU Townsville Fire)
Abby Bishop (MAC Adelaide Lightning)
Stephanie Blicavs (Jayco Dandenong Rangers)
Elizabeth Cambage (Deakin Melbourne Boomers)
Aimie Clydesdale (MAC Adelaide Lightning)
Katie-Rae Ebzery (Brydens Sydney Uni Flames)
Cayla George (JCU Townsville Fire)
Kelsey Griffin (Bendigo Bank Spirit)
Natalie Hurst (University of Canberra Capitals)
Alice Kunek (Perth Lynx)
Tessa Lavey (Jayco Dandenong Rangers)
Ezi Magbegor (University of Canberra Capitals)
Lauren Mansfield (Energa Torun- Poland)
Leilani Mitchell (Hatay - Turkey)
Jenna O’Hea (Deakin Melbourne Boomers)
Nicole Seekamp (MAC Adelaide Lightning)
Belinda Snell (Brydens Sydney Uni Flames)
Stephanie Talbot (Mondeville - France)
Marianna Tolo (Abdullah Gul - Turkey)
Sami Whitcomb (Perth Lynx)


The Commonwealth Games run from April 4th-15th next year (in Queensland, Australia).



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19945
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/20/17 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone know if the Commonwealths count as an official FIBA competition? Just wondering if they might be able to get away with using more than one of Griffin/Mitchell/Whitcomb due to the weird nature of the Games. We'll be in it as England rather than Great Britain (England and Scotland in the men's), which is a bit odd to start with. Anyone playing in Europe will presumably be unavailable (so Leedham, Fagbenle, Handy, Vanderwal, Stewart etc. missing for us), but the Aussies should absolutely walk it. Canada are the most viable competition, I guess, but it'll depend on who's actually in their squad as well.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 1845



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/20/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Anyone know if the Commonwealths count as an official FIBA competition? Just wondering if they might be able to get away with using more than one of Griffin/Mitchell/Whitcomb due to the weird nature of the Games. We'll be in it as England rather than Great Britain (England and Scotland in the men's), which is a bit odd to start with. Anyone playing in Europe will presumably be unavailable (so Leedham, Fagbenle, Handy, Vanderwal, Stewart etc. missing for us), but the Aussies should absolutely walk it. Canada are the most viable competition, I guess, but it'll depend on who's actually in their squad as well.


Not a FIBA competition so the rules could be stricter or looser than FIBA rules, usually depending on the overall rules of the Games.
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18061



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/20/17 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting question. I'd be surprised and disappointed if we strayed from the standard FIBA qualification criteria, even if it was allowed.
(It would be a fun team to watch though, with the 2 hardest-working players in the WNBL both getting their hustle on)



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18061



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/16/18 1:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin Phillips today announced her retirement from basketball

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/erin-phillips-time-to-draw-the-curtain/

Quote:
You know those stories where an athlete announces their retirement and rides off into the sunset, happy and content with how it all finished?
This isn’t one of them.
It’s time for me to close the door on my career as a basketball player. It has been the most incredible journey – but this wasn’t the ending I’d hoped for.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 7100



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/16/18 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought she announced her retirement last spring when she in Dallas. Does it take that long for news to get to Australia?

Smile



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/16/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I thought she announced her retirement last spring when she in Dallas. Does it take that long for news to get to Australia?

Smile


Hadn't retired from the Opals, just the WNBA


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6094



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/16/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's weird, but I don't think Indiana would have won a title that year without Douglas getting hurt, and I think it was Phillips who took her place in the starting lineup.



Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18061



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/06/18 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Opals team for next month's Commonwealth Games has just been announced:

Steph Blicavs
Liz Cambage
Katie Rae Ebzery
Cayla George
Kelsey Griffin
Alice Kunek
Tessa Lavey
Ezi Magbegor
Jenna O'Hea
Nicole Seekamp
Belinda Snell
Steph Talbot



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/06/18 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Opals team for next month's Commonwealth Games has just been announced:

Steph Blicavs
Liz Cambage
Katie Rae Ebzery
Cayla George
Kelsey Griffin
Alice Kunek
Tessa Lavey
Ezi Magbegor
Jenna O'Hea
Nicole Seekamp
Belinda Snell
Steph Talbot


What are the dates of the games? Any chance that they'd be available for that April 26th game in Seattle?


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18061



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/06/18 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Games are April 4th-15th, so it shouldn't be a problem.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/06/18 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Games are April 4th-15th, so it shouldn't be a problem.


Thanks. It will be just before training camps open so it's possible they don't want to layer too much on. We shall see.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19945
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/06/18 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of those tournaments where you wonder just how low of an age group the Aussies could send and still win. Would the Australian under-16 team still be favourites for gold? Probably.

I still have no idea who England are sending. They named a faintly ludicrous 23-player list months ago, but I seriously doubt players like Leedham and Fagbenle are going to walk out on their paying gigs to get stuffed on the Gold Coast. If it's just players from the British league, the group games against Australia and Canada won't be pretty.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5404
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/06/18 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wheres the WNBL Mvp? Shes way better than Liz !!!! Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18061



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/06/18 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6879
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/

Laughing Laughing
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/42WNHGr1jGI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Covfefe when the walls fell.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5404
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 2:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 2:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5404
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 2:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


Nerd whatever you say , your cambages biggest hater and its way past obvious. Funny thing is i made that post just to see if you would bite and of course...good doggy! Now sit please



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5404
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 2:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="WNBA 09"]
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


Nerd i stated difference maker, but whatever you say , your cambages biggest hater and its way past obvious. Quit picking fights with me youve already ruined the wings thread. Calm down a bit...Funny thing is i made that post just to see if you would bite and of course...good doggy! Now SIT! Several times please.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 2:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="WNBA 09"]
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


Nerd i stated difference maker, but whatever you say , your cambages biggest hater and its way past obvious. Quit picking fights with me youve already ruined the wings thread. Calm down a bit...Funny thing is i made that post just to see if you would bite and of course...good doggy! Now SIT! Several times please.


No, no, this is a fascinating conversation that we are having. It's a bit rude to have completely ignored Luuuc who responded to the post as well. There were a number of people in the Wings thread with the same complaint about the hyperbole. If you choose to make statements on a discussion board, you should prepare to have them discussed.


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


Nerd whatever you say , your cambages biggest hater and its way past obvious. Funny thing is i made that post just to see if you would bite and of course...good doggy! Now sit please


Wow that's some bullshit thrown there 09. Really antagonistic. There is NEVER an excuse to call someone a dog, no matter how you disagree.

For the record, I agree with Nerd2 about Cambage needing to put up. I don't think she's a "hater" but a realist. I hope Liz does well, it would be great for the league, but let's see her perform against BG, Syl, Charles, Jones, etc. before we pronounce her the lord of basketball.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5404
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


Nerd whatever you say , your cambages biggest hater and its way past obvious. Funny thing is i made that post just to see if you would bite and of course...good doggy! Now sit please


Wow that's some bullshit thrown there 09. Really antagonistic. There is NEVER an excuse to call someone a dog, no matter how you disagree.

For the record, I agree with Nerd2 about Cambage needing to put up. I don't think she's a "hater" but a realist. I hope Liz does well, it would be great for the league, but let's see her perform against BG, Syl, Charles, Jones, etc. before we pronounce her the lord of basketball.


So i recieved a PM about why nerd and some other LADIES are doing this and i must say your totally wrong and clueless ive never used an L chat before and kind of weird on how i was even mentioned somewhere ive never even been ! But now i get it carry on no need for Online gangs. Thats so 3rd grade



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5404
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


Nerd whatever you say , your cambages biggest hater and its way past obvious. Funny thing is i made that post just to see if you would bite and of course...good doggy! Now sit please


Wow that's some bullshit thrown there 09. Really antagonistic. There is NEVER an excuse to call someone a dog, no matter how you disagree.

For the record, I agree with Nerd2 about Cambage needing to put up. I don't think she's a "hater" but a realist. I hope Liz does well, it would be great for the league, but let's see her perform against BG, Syl, Charles, Jones, etc. before we pronounce her the lord of basketball.


Well sorry but not sorry this character has been personally attacking me on this board for absolutely no reason. So i would consider calling just a dog as a nice reach from what i wanted to say in all honesty but w.e. back to topic.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


Nerd whatever you say , your cambages biggest hater and its way past obvious. Funny thing is i made that post just to see if you would bite and of course...good doggy! Now sit please


Wow that's some bullshit thrown there 09. Really antagonistic. There is NEVER an excuse to call someone a dog, no matter how you disagree.

For the record, I agree with Nerd2 about Cambage needing to put up. I don't think she's a "hater" but a realist. I hope Liz does well, it would be great for the league, but let's see her perform against BG, Syl, Charles, Jones, etc. before we pronounce her the lord of basketball.


Well sorry but not sorry this character has been personally attacking me on this board for absolutely no reason. So i would consider calling just a dog as a nice reach from what i wanted to say in all honesty but w.e. back to topic.


Un-freaking-believable. Are you two years old? Calling people dogs? Really?

It's about time people grow the F up.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5404
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


Nerd whatever you say , your cambages biggest hater and its way past obvious. Funny thing is i made that post just to see if you would bite and of course...good doggy! Now sit please


Wow that's some bullshit thrown there 09. Really antagonistic. There is NEVER an excuse to call someone a dog, no matter how you disagree.

For the record, I agree with Nerd2 about Cambage needing to put up. I don't think she's a "hater" but a realist. I hope Liz does well, it would be great for the league, but let's see her perform against BG, Syl, Charles, Jones, etc. before we pronounce her the lord of basketball.


Well sorry but not sorry this character has been personally attacking me on this board for absolutely no reason. So i would consider calling just a dog as a nice reach from what i wanted to say in all honesty but w.e. back to topic.


Un-freaking-believable. Are you two years old? Calling people dogs? Really?

It's about time people grow the F up.


And yet you comeback with calling names yourself? Listen idk what type of entourage you guys got going here but just ignore my posts . Im not going to apologize so get over it.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


Nerd whatever you say , your cambages biggest hater and its way past obvious. Funny thing is i made that post just to see if you would bite and of course...good doggy! Now sit please


Wow that's some bullshit thrown there 09. Really antagonistic. There is NEVER an excuse to call someone a dog, no matter how you disagree.

For the record, I agree with Nerd2 about Cambage needing to put up. I don't think she's a "hater" but a realist. I hope Liz does well, it would be great for the league, but let's see her perform against BG, Syl, Charles, Jones, etc. before we pronounce her the lord of basketball.


Well sorry but not sorry this character has been personally attacking me on this board for absolutely no reason. So i would consider calling just a dog as a nice reach from what i wanted to say in all honesty but w.e. back to topic.


Un-freaking-believable. Are you two years old? Calling people dogs? Really?

It's about time people grow the F up.


And yet you comeback with calling names yourself? Listen idk what type of entourage you guys got going here but just ignore my posts . Im not going to apologize so get over it.


I didn't call you a name at all. I asked you a question about your age, and I suggested that perhaps people should grow the F up. If you feel you fit into this category, so be it, that works for me.

I would say that "I'm not going to apologize so get over it" does sound like something that could use some growing up. You did leave out the "neaner neaner neaner" afterwards though.

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5404
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


Nerd whatever you say , your cambages biggest hater and its way past obvious. Funny thing is i made that post just to see if you would bite and of course...good doggy! Now sit please


Wow that's some bullshit thrown there 09. Really antagonistic. There is NEVER an excuse to call someone a dog, no matter how you disagree.

For the record, I agree with Nerd2 about Cambage needing to put up. I don't think she's a "hater" but a realist. I hope Liz does well, it would be great for the league, but let's see her perform against BG, Syl, Charles, Jones, etc. before we pronounce her the lord of basketball.


Well sorry but not sorry this character has been personally attacking me on this board for absolutely no reason. So i would consider calling just a dog as a nice reach from what i wanted to say in all honesty but w.e. back to topic.


Un-freaking-believable. Are you two years old? Calling people dogs? Really?

It's about time people grow the F up.


And yet you comeback with calling names yourself? Listen idk what type of entourage you guys got going here but just ignore my posts . Im not going to apologize so get over it.


I didn't call you a name at all. I asked you a question about your age, and I suggested that perhaps people should grow the F up. If you feel you fit into this category, so be it, that works for me.

I would say that "I'm not going to apologize so get over it" does sound like something that could use some growing up. You did leave out the "neaner neaner neaner" afterwards though.

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.


Ok great ......Go Opals !



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6879
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.

Dude! I'm so in. Though as is the nature of all leaders of an entourage I would expect you to provide completely for all my entertainment needs. And the occasional car, of course.

Cool



_________________
Covfefe when the walls fell.
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.

Dude! I'm so in. Though as is the nature of all leaders of an entourage I would expect you to provide completely for all my entertainment needs. And the occasional car, of course.

Cool


Prepare to be disappointed. He doesn't even bring donuts to the entourage planning meetings.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5404
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.

Dude! I'm so in. Though as is the nature of all leaders of an entourage I would expect you to provide completely for all my entertainment needs. And the occasional car, of course.

Cool


Prepare to be disappointed. He doesn't even bring donuts to the entourage planning meetings.


Wow your still going ? Rolling Eyes



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guys. Knock it the fuck off. It's snowing like a mofo here. I have all the time in the world to sit on you.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 15494



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4377
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:


Laughing



_________________
Quote:
EDD will not come in and dominate like some of you are thinking.
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.

Dude! I'm so in. Though as is the nature of all leaders of an entourage I would expect you to provide completely for all my entertainment needs. And the occasional car, of course.

Cool


Prepare to be disappointed. He doesn't even bring donuts to the entourage planning meetings.


Well that's for you. I heard justintyme is a much better entourage member, so its negotiable.

What do you include as snacks? That could be a key point.


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Guys. Knock it the fuck off. It's snowing like a mofo here. I have all the time in the world to sit on you.


And it's not in Connecticut? I've got time to address ridiculous, nasty posts that the mods choose to ignore. Not a problem. Wink


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5404
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Opals !!! Wonder how much playing time Ezi M will see , she will be special .!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.

Dude! I'm so in. Though as is the nature of all leaders of an entourage I would expect you to provide completely for all my entertainment needs. And the occasional car, of course.

Cool


Prepare to be disappointed. He doesn't even bring donuts to the entourage planning meetings.


Well that's for you. I heard justintyme is a much better entourage member, so its negotiable.

What do you include as snacks? That could be a key point.


You wound me sir! Sounds like I need to be the secret leaker in the upcoming tell-all book pulling back the curtain on the secret Swishin empire.


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually, I had a question regarding Ezi. She is considering going to college in the US and not play in the WNBL next year:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/act-sport/wnbl-canberra-capitals-rising-star-eziyoda-magbegor-weighing-up-her-future-20180224-h0wlj7.html

Didn't her SEABL and WNBL play count as professional experience? How then could she have eligibility to play for UConn (of course) or UCLA?


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19945
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Actually, I had a question regarding Ezi. She is considering going to college in the US and not play in the WNBL next year:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/act-sport/wnbl-canberra-capitals-rising-star-eziyoda-magbegor-weighing-up-her-future-20180224-h0wlj7.html

Didn't her SEABL and WNBL play count as professional experience? How then could she have eligibility to play for UConn (of course) or UCLA?

You can play in proper leagues and remain NCAA eligible (presumably by just not being paid - I have no idea if there's some level of threshold for 'expenses'). It's become pretty common in Europe if players want to play at a level they're ready for but not give up the option for a free US education. With someone as Next Big Thing-y as Magbegor the've probably been very careful to retain her amateur status.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 1845



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For those of us in the United States, ESPN3 will have some Commonwealth Games coverage. So if you want to watch the Opals rampage past all opposition or if you're Queenie and want to watch Shenneika Smith play for Jamaica, you can watch even though the time zones are not always going to be the most friendly.
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18061



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/18 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever been less pumped for an Opals tournament than I am for the Commonwealth Games.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6094



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Jayco has an off-the-court uniform. I recognized Griffin, Snell, Cambage and the Mercury center. Looking down at the print it says that O'Hea is among the twelve, so that must be her next to Cambage. Also the ankle breaker, Tessa Lavey in the front row.



Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18061



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 1:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Correct, though due to a trade, George has now moved from the Mercury to the Sun.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19945
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 5:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rachael Sporn does a remarkable job of stating the bleeding obvious (the men's tournament got underway with a titanic battle between England and Scotland).



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18061



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh man ... that was brutal. The Opals-Canada game was such a blowout that the TV network just abandoned the telecast when it got to 35-9, and started showing the swimming pool events.
(final score: 100-61)



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 15494



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Oh man ... that was brutal. The Opals-Canada game was such a blowout that the TV network just abandoned the telecast when it got to 35-9, and started showing the swimming pool events.
(final score: 100-61)


As for Canada, outside of Hamblin, that looks like their "B" team.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18061



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Oh man ... that was brutal. The Opals-Canada game was such a blowout that the TV network just abandoned the telecast when it got to 35-9, and started showing the swimming pool events.
(final score: 100-61)


As for Canada, outside of Hamblin, that looks like their "B" team.

Yeah, they didn't send a proper male team either unfortunately.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19945
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a shame the Canadian teams are so far below full strength. They're basically the only nation that coud've given the Aussies a game (both in men's and women's). But even the England teams are far less than what they could be (women's team missing their three or four top players, men's team missing everybody). When the Games are on at the same time as club seasons it must be difficult to get good players away from their teams, even if the national organisations wanted to take it seriously.

England's women beat Mozambique, which means they should avoid New Zealand in the pseudo-quarter-finals. Hopefully means they'll get another crack at the Canadian reserves in the semis.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19945
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 2:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Australia's massacre of England starts in about 15 minutes if you have some way of watching it.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin