RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Pick the conference winners
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 2635
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/19/17 1:25 am    ::: Pick the conference winners Reply Reply with quote

The non conference schedules are winding up and the conferences will begin playing toward the end of next week. (I'm not sure, there may even be a few conference games this week in some of the smaller conferences)

So now is the time to pick the winners of the top 15 conferences. For purposes of this contest, the conference winner will be based on the following:

1) Best conference record
2) if tied, team to go furthest in conference tournament
3) if still tied, higher seeded team in conference tournament.

The 15 conferences are:

SEC
ACC
BIG 12
BIG 10
PAC 12
BIG EAST
AMERICAN
WEST COAST
MID AMERICAN
ATLANTIC 10
IVY LEAGUE
HORIZON
SUMMIT
COLONIAL
CONFERENCE USA

All picks must be in by noon ET 12/28


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1840



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/19/17 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PAC OSU, sorry can't focus that much on the others right now Shocked


Shmermerer1



Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 183



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/19/17 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SEC - Miss State
ACC - Notre Dame
BIG 12 - Baylor
BIG 10 - Ohio State
PAC 12 - Oregon
BIG EAST - DePaul
AMERICAN - UCONN
WEST COAST - Loyola Mary
MID AMERICAN - Ball State
ATLANTIC 10 - George Mason
IVY LEAGUE - Princeton
HORIZON - Green Bay
SUMMIT - SDSU
COLONIAL - Elon
CONFERENCE USA - Rice


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 2635
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/19/17 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
PAC OSU, sorry can't focus that much on the others right now :shock:


Even if you can't focus on the others, that is a bold pick.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22294



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/19/17 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
PAC OSU, sorry can't focus that much on the others right now Shocked


Even if you can't focus on the others, that is a bold pick.


I was seriously thinking of picking them too...but will probably go with one of the 'safer' picks. When OSU is hitting threes from several different players, and they do play defense, they can be a tough team. Oregon and UCLA both have more talent, but.... IMO Oregon depends way too much on Ionescu. And UCLA is mostly a two person team. Anyway, I know this isn't a P12 discussion thread, so I will refrain from further pontification. All that to say that while OrSU is a bold pick, it's not totally out there in left field.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 2635
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/19/17 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
PAC OSU, sorry can't focus that much on the others right now :shock:


Even if you can't focus on the others, that is a bold pick.


I was seriously thinking of picking them too...but will probably go with one of the 'safer' picks. When OSU is hitting threes from several different players, and they do play defense, they can be a tough team. Oregon and UCLA both have more talent, but.... IMO Oregon depends way too much on Ionescu. And UCLA is mostly a two person team. Anyway, I know this isn't a P12 discussion thread, so I will refrain from further pontification. All that to say that while OrSU is a bold pick, it's not totally out there in left field.


If you don't pick Stanford, who will?


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22294



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/19/17 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
PAC OSU, sorry can't focus that much on the others right now Shocked


Even if you can't focus on the others, that is a bold pick.


I was seriously thinking of picking them too...but will probably go with one of the 'safer' picks. When OSU is hitting threes from several different players, and they do play defense, they can be a tough team. Oregon and UCLA both have more talent, but.... IMO Oregon depends way too much on Ionescu. And UCLA is mostly a two person team. Anyway, I know this isn't a P12 discussion thread, so I will refrain from further pontification. All that to say that while OrSU is a bold pick, it's not totally out there in left field.


If you don't pick Stanford, who will?


nobody in their right mind Laughing



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
patsweetpat



Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 2058
Location: Culver City, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/19/17 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
All that to say that while OrSU is a bold pick, it's not totally out there in left field.


Bold pick or not, I dunno, but I agree that OSU is a good team and I would not be at all shocked to see the Beavs win the P12. The Oregon schools also have the benefit of a somewhat-favorable schedule this year, in that they don't have to travel to the Bay, which I think is a tough roadie (relatively-speaking), even if Stanford appears to be down somewhat off their historic standard.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12540



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/20/17 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
, even if Stanford appears to be down somewhat off their historic standard.


I'm sure someone here knows, but prompted by your comment and a glance at Stanford's schedule, they have an excellent chance of starting the season 6-7; I wondered when the last time was they had that record or worse after 13 games.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12540



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/20/17 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1's list looks pretty reasonable except I think I would pick Duquesne in the A10.


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1840



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/20/17 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
PAC OSU, sorry can't focus that much on the others right now Shocked


Even if you can't focus on the others, that is a bold pick.


I was seriously thinking of picking them too...but will probably go with one of the 'safer' picks. When OSU is hitting threes from several different players, and they do play defense, they can be a tough team. Oregon and UCLA both have more talent, but.... IMO Oregon depends way too much on Ionescu. And UCLA is mostly a two person team. Anyway, I know this isn't a P12 discussion thread, so I will refrain from further pontification. All that to say that while OrSU is a bold pick, it's not totally out there in left field.


If you don't pick Stanford, who will?




nobody in their right mind Laughing


Oh Myrtle I couldn't stop laughing.

If you had said bald Cal, you would have been more accurate Cool


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 4789
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/20/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Columbia in the Ivy as Camille Zimmerman wins the Wooden and Honda awards.

The MAAC is not in the topic list, but none of its 11 teams currently has a record over .500.
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 2635
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/20/17 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Columbia in the Ivy as Camille Zimmerman wins the Wooden and Honda awards.

The MAAC is not in the topic list, but none of its 11 teams currently has a record over .500.


There isn't much question Quinnipiac is the class of the MAAC (or that they aren't one of the top 15 conferences this season). As for Columbia I'd love to see it, but I am really happy to see the resurgence of the Ivy League this season where it looks like everyone except Cornell is competitive.


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1840



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/21/17 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man if the Ivy has only one bum team they are looking good.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6160



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/21/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAC - UConn Razz


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/21/17 9:08 pm    ::: Re: Pick the conference winners Reply Reply with quote

SEC: I don't know who I trust less to choke. Mississippi State has disappointed me fewer times, though.
ACC: Notre Dame always finds a way. But Louisville wouldn't surprise me either.
BIG 12: Baylor. Unless it's a Baylor-West Virginia final, because Mike Carey sneaks up on you.
BIG 10: This might actually be the year for Rutgers.
PAC 12: Oregon. But if UCLA is the right kind of firework at the right time...
BIG EAST: Well, someone has to win this dumpster fire. I'll take Villanova.
AMERICAN: UConn. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.
WEST COAST: I have seen sweet fuck-all of the WCC this year, so I'm playing it traditional with Gonzaga.
MID AMERICAN: Megan Duffy would kill me if I didn't take Miami.
ATLANTIC 10: I'm actually feeling sassy and will pick Fordham.
IVY LEAGUE: Oooh, this is a tricky one. Zimmerman's great, but Alarie's not far behind her and has more support, so I'll take Princeton.
HORIZON: Green Bay. Do they ever actually let anyone else win that conference?
SUMMIT: South Dakota State. Those wascally wabbits always seem to get it done.
COLONIAL: I don't want to count out JMU, but I just don't see it so far. Gonna go with Elon, but I don't have much faith.
CONFERENCE USA: I haven't seen a C-USA team live since 2015. Dartboard says Western Kentucky.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1840



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/21/17 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will go with LMU for the WCC Cool


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2208



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/22/17 8:54 am    ::: Re: Pick the conference winners Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
SEC: I don't know who I trust less to choke. Mississippi State has disappointed me fewer times, though.
ACC: Notre Dame always finds a way. But Louisville wouldn't surprise me either.
BIG 12: Baylor. Unless it's a Baylor-West Virginia final, because Mike Carey sneaks up on you.
BIG 10: This might actually be the year for Rutgers.
PAC 12: Oregon. But if UCLA is the right kind of firework at the right time...
BIG EAST: Well, someone has to win this dumpster fire. I'll take Villanova.
AMERICAN: UConn. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.
WEST COAST: I have seen sweet fuck-all of the WCC this year, so I'm playing it traditional with Gonzaga.
MID AMERICAN: Megan Duffy would kill me if I didn't take Miami.
ATLANTIC 10: I'm actually feeling sassy and will pick Fordham.
IVY LEAGUE: Oooh, this is a tricky one. Zimmerman's great, but Alarie's not far behind her and has more support, so I'll take Princeton.
HORIZON: Green Bay. Do they ever actually let anyone else win that conference?
SUMMIT: South Dakota State. Those wascally wabbits always seem to get it done.
COLONIAL: I don't want to count out JMU, but I just don't see it so far. Gonna go with Elon, but I don't have much faith.
CONFERENCE USA: I haven't seen a C-USA team live since 2015. Dartboard says Western Kentucky.


I still say DePaul for Big East but we will see.

It looks to me like the last time UWGB didn't win their conference in the regular season was 1997-98. A couple years they tied for someone but it's been an impressive run. I think they're a safe pick to win it once again.


patsweetpat



Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 2058
Location: Culver City, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/22/17 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i do feel like UConn has a pretty good shot in the AAC, though I've been wrong before. But that's what's so great about sports: you just never know!


Shmermerer1



Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 183



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/22/17 6:31 pm    ::: Re: Pick the conference winners Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Queenie wrote:
SEC: I don't know who I trust less to choke. Mississippi State has disappointed me fewer times, though.
ACC: Notre Dame always finds a way. But Louisville wouldn't surprise me either.
BIG 12: Baylor. Unless it's a Baylor-West Virginia final, because Mike Carey sneaks up on you.
BIG 10: This might actually be the year for Rutgers.
PAC 12: Oregon. But if UCLA is the right kind of firework at the right time...
BIG EAST: Well, someone has to win this dumpster fire. I'll take Villanova.
AMERICAN: UConn. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.
WEST COAST: I have seen sweet fuck-all of the WCC this year, so I'm playing it traditional with Gonzaga.
MID AMERICAN: Megan Duffy would kill me if I didn't take Miami.
ATLANTIC 10: I'm actually feeling sassy and will pick Fordham.
IVY LEAGUE: Oooh, this is a tricky one. Zimmerman's great, but Alarie's not far behind her and has more support, so I'll take Princeton.
HORIZON: Green Bay. Do they ever actually let anyone else win that conference?
SUMMIT: South Dakota State. Those wascally wabbits always seem to get it done.
COLONIAL: I don't want to count out JMU, but I just don't see it so far. Gonna go with Elon, but I don't have much faith.
CONFERENCE USA: I haven't seen a C-USA team live since 2015. Dartboard says Western Kentucky.


I still say DePaul for Big East but we will see.

It looks to me like the last time UWGB didn't win their conference in the regular season was 1997-98. A couple years they tied for someone but it's been an impressive run. I think they're a safe pick to win it once again.


I really think the Big East is wide open this year. Villanova, Marquette, DePaul, and I just watched Creighton and they looked pretty good. At Johns will get some wins but I don't think they are offering gifted enough. It's a great conference this year. 8 teams in the top 100 RPI.


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 4789
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/22/17 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
i do feel like UConn has a pretty good shot in the AAC, though I've been wrong before. But that's what's so great about sports: you just never know!


True, we only know that they've already won the Pac12.
LitePal



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 439



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/22/17 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ivy: Pennsylvania. McLaughlin has created a fine program.


patsweetpat



Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 2058
Location: Culver City, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/23/17 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
i do feel like UConn has a pretty good shot in the AAC, though I've been wrong before. But that's what's so great about sports: you just never know!


True, we only know that they've already won the Pac12.


And, by that same logic, came in 2nd or 3rd in the SEC last year. Which is really good! UConn is really good!

In any event, best of luck to the Huskies as they attempt to navigate the gauntlet that is AAC conference play. As mentioned earlier, I think they've got a heckuva chance to find themselves at (or at least very near) the top of the standings once all the dust has settled.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 3542



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/23/17 2:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame has lost games at Miami and at NCSt in their four years in the ACC, and has won 4 titles?

And I'd say that once again this year an old Big East team will win the ACC title as the former ACC powers look on in dismay.


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 4789
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/23/17 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been pointing out all the Old Big East teams a couple of times in the top 25 polls. They could win the AAC, ACC, Big East, B10 and B12.
Ladyvol777



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 227



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/23/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SEC: TENNESSEE


patsweetpat



Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 2058
Location: Culver City, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/23/17 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I've been pointing out all the Old Big East teams a couple of times in the top 25 polls. They could win the AAC, ACC, Big East, B10 and B12.


That is, honestly, kinda crazy, and really speaks to the strength of the Old Big East. For WBB fans, it's truly a shame the league broke up (though I know that's not a novel observation).


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 4789
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/23/17 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
I've been pointing out all the Old Big East teams a couple of times in the top 25 polls. They could win the AAC, ACC, Big East, B10 and B12.


That is, honestly, kinda crazy, and really speaks to the strength of the Old Big East. For WBB fans, it's truly a shame the league broke up (though I know that's not a novel observation).


As you've correctly said, nothing is certain, but it is highly likely that the OBE will win the AAC, ACC and BE. West Virginia has a reasonable shot in the B12, and Rutgers is no longer laughable as a candidate in the B10.

I find it very difficult to predict the SEC and Pac12, but I'll stick my neck out for Tennessee and Oregon. I'm not sure whether I'm predicting the regular season winner or the tourney winner, though, since both conferences could easily split those winners.
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 2635
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/23/17 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For purposes of the game, the idea is to pick the winner of the regular season, but for general discussion purposes as always, just about anything goes. Of course it is Christmas season so remember, Good will towards men (and women).


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22294



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/23/17 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some of these leagues are really down this year - it's like picking the least bad instead of the best...I thought about picking one, two - like we should get 'some' points for a near miss. Laughing Outside of the Big 5, most of whom have at least two legitimate contenders, it's all a crapshoot with three to five teams that could win. Oh plus UConn who would have to have a total catastrophe occur to lose - like if they lost three starters for the season...but even then he'd probably figure out a way to beat SF, which is the only other remotely plausible team in their league.
SEC South Carolina
ACC Louisville
BIG 12 Baylor
BIG 10 OhSU
PAC 12 - UCLA
BIG EAST - Marquette
AMERICAN - UConn
WEST COAST Gonzaga
MID AMERICAN - Central Michigan
ATLANTIC 10 Dayton
IVY LEAGUE - Princeton
HORIZON Green Bay
SUMMIT WIU
COLONIAL James Mad
CONFERENCE USA Western Kentucky



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3721
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/24/17 7:38 pm    ::: Re: Pick the conference winners Reply Reply with quote

SEC Mississippi State, (2) Tennessee
ACC. Norte Dame, (2) Florida State
BIG 12. Texas (2) West Virginia
BIG 10. Ohio State, (2) Rutgers
PAC 12. Oregon, (2) Oregon State
BIG EAST. DePaul (2) Marquette
AMERICAN. UCONN (2) south Florida
WEST COAST st Mary's (2) Zags
MID AMERICAN Ball State
ATLANTIC 10. Dayton
IVY LEAGUE Princeton
HORIZON Green Bay
SUMMIT. South Dakota State (2) South Dakota
COLONIAL Elon
CONFERENCE USA Western Kentucky

All picks must be in by noon ET 12/28[/quote]



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4762
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/26/17 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SEC Miss St.
ACC Louisville/ Notre Dame
BIG 12 Texas/ Baylor
BIG 10 tOSU/ Rutgers
PAC 12 Oregon
BIG EAST DePaul
AMERICAN UConn
WEST COAST I know nothing about these guys, so I'll go off on a wild tangent and say BYU
MID AMERICAN Ball State
ATLANTIC 10 George Mason is rising from the depths.
IVY LEAGUE Princeton
HORIZON Green Bay...they won't let anyone else win!
SUMMIT SDSU
COLONIAL Elon, sadly...I know JMU's weaknesses this year
CONFERENCE USA WKU/ MTSU



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 56176
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/26/17 1:05 pm    ::: Re: Pick the conference winners Reply Reply with quote

SEC Mississippi State
ACC Notre Dame
BIG 12 Texas
BIG 10 Rutgers
PAC 12 Oregon
BIG EAST Villanova
AMERICAN Connecticut
WEST COAST St Mary's
MID AMERICAN Ball State
ATLANTIC 10 Duquesne
IVY LEAGUE Princeton
HORIZON Green Bay
SUMMIT South Dakota State
COLONIAL Drexel
CONFERENCE USA Western Kentucky


I'm curious how the conferences were chosen. By Conference RPI CUSA should be replaced by the SoCon. If by winning percentage the Patriot League would be on the list instead of the A10.



_________________
Why can't we sit in the park like other boys and girls?
Why do we have to walk in the subway tunnel?


Just keep walking
dinkytown



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 2368



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/26/17 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SEC - Tennessee
ACC - Notre Dame
BIG 12 - Texas
BIG 10 - Ohio State
PAC 12 - UCLA
BIG EAST - DePaul
AMERICAN - Connecticut
WEST COAST - Saint Mary's
MID AMERICAN - Ball State
ATLANTIC 10 - Fordham
IVY LEAGUE - Princeton
HORIZON - Green Bay
SUMMIT - South Dakota State
COLONIAL - Elon
CONFERENCE USA - Western Kentucky


allenleavell



Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 652



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/26/17 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SEC - MSU
ACC - Notre Dame
BIG 12 - Baylor
BIG 10 - Rutgers
PAC 12 - UCLA
BIG EAST - DePaul
AMERICAN - UConn
WEST COAST - Loyola Marymount U
MID AMERICAN - Toledo
ATLANTIC 10 - Dayton
IVY LEAGUE - Princeton
HORIZON - Green Bay
SUMMIT - South Dakota State
COLONIAL - William and Mary
CONFERENCE USA - Western Kentucky


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 2635
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 9:21 pm    ::: Re: Pick the conference winners Reply Reply with quote

SEC - Mississippi St
ACC - Notre Dame
BIG 12 - Texas
BIG 10 - Maryland
PAC 12 - Oregon
BIG EAST - Marquette
AMERICAN - UConn
WEST COAST - Gonzaga
MID AMERICAN - C Michigan
ATLANTIC 10 - Dayton
IVY LEAGUE - Princeton
HORIZON - Green Bay
SUMMIT - South Dakota St
COLONIAL - Elon
CONFERENCE USA - W Kentucky


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47318



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 9:55 pm    ::: Re: Pick the conference winners Reply Reply with quote

SEC - Mississippi St
ACC - Notre Dame
BIG 12 - Baylor
BIG 10 - Ohio St
PAC 12 - Oregon
BIG EAST - Villanova
AMERICAN - Connecticut
WEST COAST - Saint Mary's
MID AMERICAN - Ball St
ATLANTIC 10 - Duquesne
IVY LEAGUE - Princeton
HORIZON - Green Bay
SUMMIT - South Dakota St
COLONIAL - Elon
CONFERENCE USA - Western Kentucky



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
b1207



Joined: 01 Sep 2015
Posts: 63



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SEC - Mississippi St
ACC - Notre Dame
BIG 12 - Texas
BIG 10 - Maryland
PAC 12 - Oregon
BIG EAST - Marquette
AMERICAN - UConn
WEST COAST - Gonzaga
MID AMERICAN - C Michigan
ATLANTIC 10 - Dayton
IVY LEAGUE - Princeton
HORIZON - Green Bay
SUMMIT - South Dakota St
COLONIAL - Drexel
CONFERENCE USA - W Kentucky


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3353



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 12:49 pm    ::: Re: Pick the conference winners Reply Reply with quote

SEC: Miss St.
ACC: Notre Dame
BIG 12: Baylor
BIG 10: Ohio State
PAC 12: Oregon State
BIG EAST: Villanova
AMERICAN: umm, UConn
WEST COAST: St. Mary's
MID AMERICAN: Ball St.
ATLANTIC 10: Dayton
IVY LEAGUE: Princeton
HORIZON: UWGB
SUMMIT: SDSU
COLONIAL: Elon
CONFERENCE USA: WKU


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8223
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SEC: Miss St.
ACC: Notre Dame
BIG 12: Texas
BIG 10: Ohio State
PAC 12: UCLA
BIG EAST: Villanova
AMERICAN: UConn
WEST COAST: St. Mary's
MID AMERICAN: Ball St.
ATLANTIC 10: Dayton
IVY LEAGUE: Princeton
HORIZON: UWGB
SUMMIT: Western Illinois
COLONIAL: Elon
CONFERENCE USA: WKU


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5757
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The consensus picking MSU to win the SEC interesting . Even with the defending champions there ? Shocked LVFL will be the sleeper



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 2635
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CORRECTED

Thirteen players. Here are the consensus picks:

Unanimous

American - UConn
Ivy - Princeton
Horizon - Green Bay


Others (in order of confidence)

Summit - South Dakota St 12 (Western Illinois 1)
Conference USA - W Kentucky 12 (Rice 1)
SEC - Mississippi St 11 (South Carolina, Tennessee 1 each)
ACC - Notre Dame 11 (Louisville 2)
Colonial - Elon 9 (Drexel 2, James Madison 1, William & Mary 1)
Pac 12 - Oregon 9 (UCLA 3, Oregon St 1)
Mid American - Ball St 8 (Central Michigan 3, Toledo 1, Miami 1)
Big 10 - Ohio St 8 (Rutgers 3, Maryland 2)
Big 12 - Baylor 7 (Texas 6)
Atlantic 10 - Dayton 6 (Duquesne 3, Fordham 2, George Mason 2)
West Coast - St. Mary's 6 (Gonzaga 4, Loyola Marymount 2, BYU 1)
Big East - TIE Villanova, DePaul 5 each (Marquette 3)

My biggest surprises were the overwhelming support for Mississippi St and Oregon, as well as Baylor sneaking past Texas. Also interesting that Rutgers got more votes than Maryland.




Last edited by calbearman76 on 12/28/17 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47318



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:


American - UConn
Ivy - Princeton
Horizon - Green Bay
Summit - South Dakota St


Myrtle picked WIU for the Summit



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 2635
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:


American - UConn
Ivy - Princeton
Horizon - Green Bay
Summit - South Dakota St


Myrtle picked WIU for the Summit


Thanks for the correction.


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 4789
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:


American - UConn
Ivy - Princeton
Horizon - Green Bay
Summit - South Dakota St


Myrtle picked WIU for the Summit


Thanks for the correction.


I only picked three, but one was Columbia in the Ivy. Do I have to pick all?
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 2635
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:


American - UConn
Ivy - Princeton
Horizon - Green Bay
Summit - South Dakota St


Myrtle picked WIU for the Summit


Thanks for the correction.


I only picked three, but one was Columbia in the Ivy. Do I have to pick all?


Good point. I just summarized the picks of the people that picked all the conferences. But there were other people beside you that picked only a few of the conferences, so I will go back and also summarize the picks. Should be able to post later today.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47318



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:


American - UConn
Ivy - Princeton
Horizon - Green Bay
Summit - South Dakota St


Myrtle picked WIU for the Summit


Thanks for the correction.


I only picked three, but one was Columbia in the Ivy. Do I have to pick all?


You didn't get the gist that it was a contest? Hoping to win on a percentage basis?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 2635
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In addition to the thirteen players who ventured selections on all 15 conferences there were an additional 11 selections made by kibitzers representing 10 teams in eight conferences. Only two were consensus picks and two were not otherwise selected. They are:

Tennessee (2) - more than they received among the players
Oregon - Consensus pick
Oregon St - Third pick in Pac 12
Duquesne - Second pick in Atlantic 10
Connecticut - Way to go out on a limb
DePaul - Tiebreaking vote in Big East
Loyola Marymount - Third pick in WCC
Penn - Princeton was unanimous selection in Ivy League
Columbia - Princeton was unanimous selection in Ivy League
Green Bay - Unanimous pick

Just for the fun of it I will consider this assemblage of picks as a 14th entry getting 1.5 points for each correct pick. (Tennessee counts once) That way Glenn, Nixtree and the others who didn't feel qualified to fill out a full ballot (as if any of us are) can play along.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4762
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/29/17 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe we should have another poll to pick the cellar dwellers in these conferences? That could also be....interesting.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10323
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/29/17 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

late to the game, so I'll donate the trophy if I win Smile


SEC - Miss State
ACC - Lou
BIG 12 - Baylor
BIG 10 - Ohio State
PAC 12 - Oregon
BIG EAST - Creighton
AMERICAN - UCONN
WEST COAST - St. Marys
MID AMERICAN - Ball State
ATLANTIC 10 - Dayton
IVY LEAGUE - Princeton
HORIZON - Green Bay
SUMMIT - SDSU
COLONIAL - Elon
CONFERENCE USA - Rice



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin