RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Marquette @ Milwaukee - 12/17/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Marquette
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Milwaukee
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Shades

PostPosted: 12/16/17 12:35 am    ::: Marquette @ Milwaukee - 12/17/17 Reply Reply with quote

Milwaukee, WI - 5:00 PM ET
TV: FOX Sports Wisconsin

Video:
https://www.foxsportsgo.com/share/473067 (tvp)

Audio:
http://mixlr.com/milwaukee-panthers/

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=191116

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 12/17/17 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/16/17 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think this will be a close one but hopefully Marquette prevails. I'm still not sure if I'll be watching on TV or cheering in person - the late afternoon start time and time of year have me leaning towards watching on TV. I'm sure it's a later start time to avoid the Packers game though which is smart on UWM's part - most people around here won't skip watching the Packers for anything.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/17/17 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Close one as I expected. MU holds a small lead 25-22 with 5:57 to play in the second quarter.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/17/17 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette wins 83-68 behind 29 points from Allazia Blockton.

Last edited by Marquette Fan on 12/17/17 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/17/17 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that Marquette is just about ready for the Big East. DePaul is down a bit, Villanova is up a bit and St. John's and Creighton appear to be about the same as last year. I still make the Warriors, or whatever they want to be called now, the favorites.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/17/17 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I think that Marquette is just about ready for the Big East. DePaul is down a bit, Villanova is up a bit and St. John's and Creighton appear to be about the same as last year. I still make the Warriors, or whatever they want to be called now, the favorites.

You have a lot more faith in Marquette than I do Smile. MU is way too inconsistent and unless they go at least 14-2 in BE play I don't think they are an NCAA team this year and I don't think they'll go 14-2. DePaul is the favorite in my opinion at this point and Villanova has certainly garnered some attention so far. MU opens up BE play with 3 home games including against rival DePaul - those are big games for them.

As far as today, Marquette's defense was very impressive to me - they ended up with 26 more fg attempts than UWM who had 31 to's. MU's Natisha Hiedemann is only 7 points away from joining classmate Allazia Blockton as a 1,000 point career scorer. MU's 5 star juniors are all on track for 1,000 career points - Erika Davenport should reach it later this season and Danielle King and Amani Wilborn are on track to reach it next season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: