RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

‘Today’ Ratings Continue to Surge After Lauer Departs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 12/12/17 2:04 pm    ::: ‘Today’ Ratings Continue to Surge After Lauer Departs Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Rather than give up on “Today” in the wake of veteran co-anchor Matt Lauer’s departure, viewers are flocking to it.

For the second consecutive week, the first two hours of the NBC morning program surged ahead of the show’s main rival, “Good Morning America” – not only capturing its usual lead among people between 25 and 54, the demographic most coveted by advertisers – but among overall audiences as well. It’s the first time the venerable A.M show has done so since late 2016, when it beat “GMA” among total viewers for the weeks of December 12, 2016 and December 19, 2016.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/%e2%80%98today%e2%80%99-ratings-continue-to-surge-after-matt-lauer-departure/ar-BBGEzL2?li=BBnb7Kz

PostPosted: 12/12/17 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That makes it seem like they were avoiding the Today Show while he was on it. I don't think he came out looking very good when Anne Curry was forced to resign.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/12/17 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 12/12/17 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
That makes it seem like they were avoiding the Today Show while he was on it. I don't think he came out looking very good when Anne Curry was forced to resign.

I quit when they hired Megyn Kelly in Tamron Hall's spot. I turned it on a couple days after the Lauer ousting but I'm back to Robin Roberts and GMA. Robin is the heart and soul of the program - she's so real. Out about her female partner, out about her love of women's basketball. Out about her health issues. They don't have all that contrived "banter" that Today always has. Also like the Pop News segment. Generally pretty clever, tongue in cheek and informative about random entertainment topics. With Robin at the helm, you know it will be balanced and diverse, with no desk 'door shutting button shenanigans.'

Matt Lauer did such a terrible job in moderating the debate and now seeing some of his interviews. Ewww. Hope his wife doesn't return for the sake of those kids.

~rAf
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/22/18 12:52 pm    ::: Re: ‘Today’ Ratings Continue to Surge After Lauer Depart Reply Reply with quote

Matt Lauer Reportedly Ejected From Family Home

Quote:
Matt Lauer has been kicked out of the family home by his fed-up model wife, Annette Roque, according to a report in Page Six on Monday, and divorce papers could be in the mail soon.

It’s not the first time relations between the two have soured – in 2006, Roque filed for divorce from Lauer, citing “mental abuse, extreme mental and emotional distress, humiliation, torment and anxiety,” however the action was terminated after Lauer offered Roque a postnuptial agreement worth many more millions of dollars, according to a source quoted by Page Six.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/matt-lauer-reportedly-ejected-from-family-home/ar-AAv0Qop?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: