RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2018 Coaching Movement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
petrel



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 1989
Location: Atlanta, GA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Southern Utah ditches its HC.

https://whoopdirt.com/breaking-southern-utah-fires-womens-basketball-coach-chris-boettcher/


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57451
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June Daugherty out at Washington State

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2018/03/13/washington-state-fires-head-coach-june-daugherty/



_________________
Ena! Ena!
Akout, akout, an déyè
Chaque amour fi nou wa na né
Chaque amour fi na né
thefutureisbright



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 1806



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

petrel wrote:
Now rumored that Presbyterian's HC has met the axe. Watch the skies!


Here is release

http://www.gobluehose.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89809&SPID=10748&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211705714&DB_OEM_ID=18100


thefutureisbright



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 1806



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kansas hires Jory Collins as AC, replacing Katie O'Connor

http://kuathletics.com/news/2018/3/12/womens-basketball-schneider-announces-staff-changes-hires-collins-from-esu.aspx


stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6498
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
June Daugherty out at Washington State

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2018/03/13/washington-state-fires-head-coach-june-daugherty/


Mark Campbell would be a great hire here...he's been a huge help with program building for both Graves, and Rueck before that.



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4293
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
pilight wrote:
June Daugherty out at Washington State

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2018/03/13/washington-state-fires-head-coach-june-daugherty/


Mark Campbell would be a great hire here...he's been a huge help with program building for both Graves, and Rueck before that.


That would be a very interesting hire. I'd be curious to see how he could do in recruiting and if he could make inroads in the Pacific Northwest. Daugherty relied heavily on international players so I'm wondering if that's because it was tough to get top Washington & Oregon kids.


insidewinder



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 196



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
stever wrote:
pilight wrote:
June Daugherty out at Washington State

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2018/03/13/washington-state-fires-head-coach-june-daugherty/


Mark Campbell would be a great hire here...he's been a huge help with program building for both Graves, and Rueck before that.


That would be a very interesting hire. I'd be curious to see how he could do in recruiting and if he could make inroads in the Pacific Northwest. Daugherty relied heavily on international players so I'm wondering if that's because it was tough to get top Washington & Oregon kids.


With Oregon and Oregon State doing so well, getting Pacific Northwest kids will be a tough task. Stanford also recruits kids from that area fairly often (McPhee, the Hull twins, several past players).


petrel



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 1989
Location: Atlanta, GA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rumor has Boston U. open. (Not a good year for Boston coaches!)


BD22



Joined: 27 Nov 2016
Posts: 26
Location: Southeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

petrel wrote:
Rumor has Boston U. open. (Not a good year for Boston coaches!)


No longer a rumor. Tough time for Boston coaches for sure.

http://goterriers.com/news/2018/3/13/boston-university-to-make-womens-basketball-coaching-change.aspx


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4812
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Southern Utah University has fired its head women’s basketball coach Chris Boettcher. www.whoopdirt.com

Presbyterian women’s basketball coach Todd Steelman has resigned, as noted in a previous post might be impending, also reported on WhoopDirt.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Phil



Joined: 22 Oct 2011
Posts: 975



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/18 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katy Steding out.
http://goterriers.com/news/2018/3/13/boston-university-to-make-womens-basketball-coaching-change.aspx

Oops sorry, missed that it was just posted .


StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10257
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Katy Steding out.
http://goterriers.com/news/2018/3/13/boston-university-to-make-womens-basketball-coaching-change.aspx

Oops sorry, missed that it was just posted .


I wonder if Associate Head Coach Cindy Blodgett will be the new Head Coach.



_________________
"My mechanic told me, 'I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder'." - comedian Steven Wright
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17090
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Phil wrote:
Katy Steding out.
http://goterriers.com/news/2018/3/13/boston-university-to-make-womens-basketball-coaching-change.aspx

Oops sorry, missed that it was just posted .


I wonder if Associate Head Coach Cindy Blodgett will be the new Head Coach.


Blodgett was pretty much a disaster at Maine.


FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 1015



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/18 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
Phil wrote:
Katy Steding out.
http://goterriers.com/news/2018/3/13/boston-university-to-make-womens-basketball-coaching-change.aspx

Oops sorry, missed that it was just posted .


I wonder if Associate Head Coach Cindy Blodgett will be the new Head Coach.


Blodgett was pretty much a disaster at Maine.


No, she was a complete disaster at Maine. She's lucky to have gotten an AC spot.


thefutureisbright



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 1806



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/18 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Georgia State open ...

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=211705908


PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 2062



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
Phil wrote:
Katy Steding out.
http://goterriers.com/news/2018/3/13/boston-university-to-make-womens-basketball-coaching-change.aspx

Oops sorry, missed that it was just posted .


I wonder if Associate Head Coach Cindy Blodgett will be the new Head Coach.


Blodgett was pretty much a disaster at Maine.


No, she was a complete disaster at Maine. She's lucky to have gotten an AC spot.


She's not a great coach, period.

BU went with Steding who is by all accounts a lovely and kind person - very grounded. They needed to do this after the messy eras that were Kelly Greenburg and Margaret McKeon.

The problem is BU changed conferences and were just not as talented as they had been.

BU is an interesting spot for the right up-and-coming coach.


Phil



Joined: 22 Oct 2011
Posts: 975



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Twitter says Coyle out at S. Peter's but haven't seen solid confirmation yet.


BD22



Joined: 27 Nov 2016
Posts: 26
Location: Southeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

..




Last edited by BD22 on 08/07/18 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
thefutureisbright



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 1806



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/17/18 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Twitter says Coyle out at S. Peter's but haven't seen solid confirmation yet.


Here is the release from site on Coyle ...
http://www.saintpeterspeacocks.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/releases/20180316obxcc2


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/17/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Phil wrote:
Twitter says Coyle out at S. Peter's but haven't seen solid confirmation yet.


Here is the release from site on Coyle ...
http://www.saintpeterspeacocks.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/releases/20180316obxcc2


Glory hallelujah! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Paaaatty, and take your ill-fitting jackets with you along with your mumbling incompetence!



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10257
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/17/18 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Phil wrote:
Twitter says Coyle out at S. Peter's but haven't seen solid confirmation yet.


Here is the release from site on Coyle ...
http://www.saintpeterspeacocks.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/releases/20180316obxcc2


I wonder what’s going to happen to the two assistants. One of them is Phyllis Mangina. The other is an alum named Antonia Smith.



_________________
"My mechanic told me, 'I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder'." - comedian Steven Wright
rebel_hydr_1914



Joined: 06 Mar 2018
Posts: 10
Location: Madison


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/18 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would be quite happy with this choice. I saw how she coached against us this year when the almost won. Her players respect her and she was coaching them up!! She's got the type of fight we need.


taropatch



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 507
Location: Kau Rubbish Dump


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/18 4:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I liked Mark Campbell when he completed his last two years of eligibility at Hawaii. He's done well for himself since. I'd agree with the aforementioned posts that Washington State should go after him. The three Molina sisters (shout out to Konawaena) wouldn't mind it either.

http://archives.starbulletin.com/2002/11/17/sports/index2.html



_________________
Melania's refrigerator clearance privileges have been revoked when she refused to get a coke for "him".
petrel



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 1989
Location: Atlanta, GA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/18 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cleveland State joins the party.

http://www.csuvikings.com/sports/w-baskbl/2017-18/releases/20180319nz1wej


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57451
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/18 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kate Peterson Abiad resigns from Cleveland State

http://www.csuvikings.com/sports/w-baskbl/2017-18/releases/20180319nz1wej



_________________
Ena! Ena!
Akout, akout, an déyè
Chaque amour fi nou wa na né
Chaque amour fi na né
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57451
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vicki Hall to Indiana State

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/hall-to-be-named-indiana-state-s-women-s-basketball/article_ccf19e78-2c55-11e8-a922-736e0e59fccd.html



_________________
Ena! Ena!
Akout, akout, an déyè
Chaque amour fi nou wa na né
Chaque amour fi na né
thefutureisbright



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 1806



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wisconsin has AC opening ... they have parted ways with AC Sasha Palmer

http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/college/basketball/women/wisconsin-women-s-basketball-program-parts-with-assistant-coach-sasha/article_536a30dd-a401-5471-a613-8f5dcb40e3ca.html


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17090
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Wisconsin has AC opening ... they have parted ways with AC Sasha Palmer

http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/college/basketball/women/wisconsin-women-s-basketball-program-parts-with-assistant-coach-sasha/article_536a30dd-a401-5471-a613-8f5dcb40e3ca.html


Interesting that she was the was the only holdover from Bobbie Kelsey’s staff when Tsipis took over the program in 2016 and was also described the "recruiting wiz for Wisconsin" by the head of one AAU program, yet none of the top 100 players (including 3 from Wisconsin) in 2017 and none of the top 100 players in 2018 signed with Wisconsin (per Dan Olson/Collegiate Girls Basketball Report). ASGR had Wisconsin with one top 100 player and the 7th best recruiting class in the Big Ten for 2018 (ranked 45th nationally), after ranking Wisconsin's 2017 class 75th nationally.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4812
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Kate Peterson Abiad resigns from Cleveland State

http://www.csuvikings.com/sports/w-baskbl/2017-18/releases/20180319nz1wej


She's been named the new director of the Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association. I'd say that could be called a step up.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mentioned in the hot seat thread, but more relevant here: Joanne Boyle is retiring. http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/032018aaa.html



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4890



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Mentioned in the hot seat thread, but more relevant here: Joanne Boyle is retiring. http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/032018aaa.html


Wow. That's too bad.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57451
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago State fires Angela Jackson

https://chicagocrusader.com/chicago-state-fires-womens-and-mens-basketball-coaches/

Quote:
CSU is seeking to hire Chicago basketball icons Mark Aguirre and Tamika Catchings to fill the respective positions



_________________
Ena! Ena!
Akout, akout, an déyè
Chaque amour fi nou wa na né
Chaque amour fi na né
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Chicago State fires Angela Jackson

https://chicagocrusader.com/chicago-state-fires-womens-and-mens-basketball-coaches/

Quote:
CSU is seeking to hire Chicago basketball icons Mark Aguirre and Tamika Catchings to fill the respective positions


Well, they certainly like to dream big, don't they?



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4812
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Chicago State fires Angela Jackson

https://chicagocrusader.com/chicago-state-fires-womens-and-mens-basketball-coaches/

Quote:
CSU is seeking to hire Chicago basketball icons Mark Aguirre and Tamika Catchings to fill the respective positions


Well, they certainly like to dream big, don't they?


Tamika has said many times that she has no interest in coaching.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4812
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Mentioned in the hot seat thread, but more relevant here: Joanne Boyle is retiring. http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/032018aaa.html


You reckon they will go after Staley?



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57451
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Mentioned in the hot seat thread, but more relevant here: Joanne Boyle is retiring. http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/032018aaa.html


You reckon they will go after Staley?


I doubt they'd be willing to buy out her SC contract, let alone pay her as much as she's making now.



_________________
Ena! Ena!
Akout, akout, an déyè
Chaque amour fi nou wa na né
Chaque amour fi na né
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4812
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Mentioned in the hot seat thread, but more relevant here: Joanne Boyle is retiring. http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/032018aaa.html


You reckon they will go after Staley?


I doubt they'd be willing to buy out her SC contract, let alone pay her as much as she's making now.


UVA has beaucoup de $$$$. Way more than a state university rightfully ought to have. You can trust me on that one. The Man is a UVA grad and he bitches all the time about how they have so much and are always coming around with hands out. We've been giving to JMU instead. He feels no loyalty.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17090
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As of 2016-2017, Joanne Boyle's base salary was $365,792 (it will obviously be greater this year, with yearly increases and a bonus for making the NCAA Tournament). Her contract expires this year.

By comparison, in 2015, Staley had her contract extended and salary raised. Her base pay was raised from $350,000 to $550,000; her contract was extended through 2020-21; and her total compensation package was pushed to $1.1 million, starting with 2015-16. After winning the national title, Staley signed a four-year extension in 2017 that included an increase in base salary to $650,000, and yearly increases in outside compensation (money from athletic department rights holders) that raised her total financial package to $1.4 million in the first year of the extension (2021) and to $2.1 million in the final year (2025). Her buyout increases from $700,000 in her old contract to $3.5 million in the first year of the new deal.

In other words, Virginia would not have to buy out Boyle, as she is in the last year of her contract.

But Virginia would have to pony up a LARGE sum of money to buy out Staley, plus a HUGE package to attract Staley (unless Dawn wants to take a massive pay cut). Not sure UVA Athletics has the money (or the desire) to spend so much money on a non-revenue sport.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4812
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/18 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
As of 2016-2017, Joanne Boyle's base salary was $365,792 (it will obviously be greater this year, with yearly increases and a bonus for making the NCAA Tournament). Her contract expires this year.

By comparison, in 2015, Staley had her contract extended and salary raised. Her base pay was raised from $350,000 to $550,000; her contract was extended through 2020-21; and her total compensation package was pushed to $1.1 million, starting with 2015-16. After winning the national title, Staley signed a four-year extension in 2017 that included an increase in base salary to $650,000, and yearly increases in outside compensation (money from athletic department rights holders) that raised her total financial package to $1.4 million in the first year of the extension (2021) and to $2.1 million in the final year (2025). Her buyout increases from $700,000 in her old contract to $3.5 million in the first year of the new deal.

In other words, Virginia would not have to buy out Boyle, as she is in the last year of her contract.

But Virginia would have to pony up a LARGE sum of money to buy out Staley, plus a HUGE package to attract Staley (unless Dawn wants to take a massive pay cut). Not sure UVA Athletics has the money (or the desire) to spend so much money on a non-revenue sport.


I guess they will continue to languish, then. Although this was a reasonably decent year for them. The women, anyway. The men are the laughing stock of the rest of the state Wink



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Lurker_12



Joined: 11 May 2006
Posts: 941
Location: Almost Heaven


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would love to see Tammi Reiss take this job since Staley and Boucek are less likely



_________________
Miss those Bee's

Well behaved women seldom make history...

Eer's & Hoo's & Huskies & me Libbie's !
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57451
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Mentioned in the hot seat thread, but more relevant here: Joanne Boyle is retiring. http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/032018aaa.html


You reckon they will go after Staley?


I doubt they'd be willing to buy out her SC contract, let alone pay her as much as she's making now.


UVA has beaucoup de $$$$. Way more than a state university rightfully ought to have. You can trust me on that one. The Man is a UVA grad and he bitches all the time about how they have so much and are always coming around with hands out. We've been giving to JMU instead. He feels no loyalty.


I know they have it, it's just a question of whether they're willing to spend it on WCBB.



_________________
Ena! Ena!
Akout, akout, an déyè
Chaque amour fi nou wa na né
Chaque amour fi na né
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Chicago State fires Angela Jackson

https://chicagocrusader.com/chicago-state-fires-womens-and-mens-basketball-coaches/

Quote:
CSU is seeking to hire Chicago basketball icons Mark Aguirre and Tamika Catchings to fill the respective positions


Well, they certainly like to dream big, don't they?


Tamika has said many times that she has no interest in coaching.


They don't have the money to fund a D-I program properly and don't have the guts to publicly fire their coaches, yet they somehow think they can get local legends to take over programs that combined for four wins last year. The fact that one of their targets has no interest in coaching is somehow not the biggest problem with this plan.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
Joe Foss



Joined: 23 Aug 2007
Posts: 3853



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Chicago State fires Angela Jackson

https://chicagocrusader.com/chicago-state-fires-womens-and-mens-basketball-coaches/

Quote:
CSU is seeking to hire Chicago basketball icons Mark Aguirre and Tamika Catchings to fill the respective positions


Well, they certainly like to dream big, don't they?


Tamika has said many times that she has no interest in coaching.


They don't have the money to fund a D-I program properly and don't have the guts to publicly fire their coaches, yet they somehow think they can get local legends to take over programs that combined for four wins last year. The fact that one of their targets has no interest in coaching is somehow not the biggest problem with this plan.


You reckon they will go after Staley?



_________________
Ohio Bobcats WBB Fan
LitePal



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 453



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cori Close's name has shown up on some Twitter feeds as a potential coaching replacement. This would be interesting. Close is paid MOR for the Pac and could clearly make much more elsewhere. While many have criticized her work with Canada and Billings, her coaching ability will truly be demonstrated next season without them. Her recruiting has fallen off (Ezi aside) and if anything, if she wants to make the move, like Caldwell and Neighbors, this would be the year to do it.

Also, her contract is reportedly up this year, so if a school wanted her, there is no buyout.


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14384
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Chicago State fires Angela Jackson

https://chicagocrusader.com/chicago-state-fires-womens-and-mens-basketball-coaches/

Quote:
CSU is seeking to hire Chicago basketball icons Mark Aguirre and Tamika Catchings to fill the respective positions


Well, they certainly like to dream big, don't they?


Tamika has said many times that she has no interest in coaching.


They don't have the money to fund a D-I program properly and don't have the guts to publicly fire their coaches, yet they somehow think they can get local legends to take over programs that combined for four wins last year. The fact that one of their targets has no interest in coaching is somehow not the biggest problem with this plan.


Forget funding the basketball program, Chicago State can barely keep their doors open.


petrel



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 1989
Location: Atlanta, GA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rumor has it that Jamelle Elliott's time is up at Cincinnati.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57451
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jamelle Elliott out at Cincinnati



_________________
Ena! Ena!
Akout, akout, an déyè
Chaque amour fi nou wa na né
Chaque amour fi na né
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14384
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Jamelle Elliott out at Cincinnati


FINALLY!


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17090
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Jamelle Elliott out at Cincinnati


Bret McCormick
‏ @ASGR1995
https://twitter.com/ASGR1995/status/976545137156329472


thefutureisbright



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 1806



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jackson State open

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2018/03/23/jackson-state-parts-ways-with-womens-basketball-coach/33222195/


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin