RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Winless
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 02/04/18 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I don't really see the point of EPSN putting up an article like that. Are they going to follow this streak like they do UConn's win streaks?

It's a record -- should they ignore record winning streaks? Or only report good news?

PostPosted: 02/04/18 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no problem with ESPN reporting the story. I could have done without the line, "Chicago State declined to make players and coach Angela Jackson available after the game."

My purpose in starting the thread, and I believe those who have followed the thread with me, is to give some credit to the programs that toils on under difficult circumstances, and to root for them to experience victory. I hope that most people that read the story had the same thought.

allenleavell

PostPosted: 02/05/18 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I have no problem with ESPN reporting the story. I could have done without the line, "Chicago State declined to make players and coach Angela Jackson available after the game."

My purpose in starting the thread, and I believe those who have followed the thread with me, is to give some credit to the programs that toils on under difficult circumstances, and to root for them to experience victory. I hope that most people that read the story had the same thought.

We have a player there I have not talked with her since the summer but one of our coaches said it a tough environment to fight thru. This player works very hard so it a fight for her. She is not eligible to play this year because transfer rules.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/08/18 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago St got its first win in two years today with an 84-74 victory over Utah Valley St. Their last win was February 4, 2016 over Seattle and their last road win was December 15, 2015 over Jackson St.

The Cougars came out on fire, blitzing Utah Valley by hitting 8 consecutive 3 point shots over 8 minutes spanning the first and second periods to run out to a 30-5. Lead. The barrage was started by Tyeshia Bowers, Phylicia Johnson added 3 and Konner Harris and Alexa Blake added two each. Chicago St never trailed and maintained a 20 point lead going into the fourth quarter but UVU was able to cut the lead to 5 with less than a minute to go. From there Harris and Bowers combined to hit 6 consecutive free throws to seal the victory. Harris was the leading scorer with 25 and added 8 assists. Johnson had 20, includin 5-7 from 3pt range. And Ines Mata Bois added 16 points and 10 rebounds. As a team the Cougars shot 53% from the floor and 75% (12-16) from 3 point range

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CHICAGO ST COUGARS.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/08/18 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wahoo! So happy for them!

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/09/18 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YAHOO! (screaming)
YAHOO! (screaming)
YAHOO! (screaming)
repeat as necessary

That must have been one happy coach and one happy locker room!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: