RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

check in, please, jammer and other socalifornians.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 12/07/17 1:56 pm    ::: check in, please, jammer and other socalifornians. Reply Reply with quote

have you already bailed or just in watch mode? my brother's on the beach side of pacific coast highway, in playa del rey, and i'm not sure he's 100% safe from these fires carried god-knows-where by the winds. the photos and videos are surreal.

PostPosted: 12/07/17 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smelled smoke yesterday morning. That's about it. We're pretty much east and south of the worst of things, or anything close. But last night we crossed over the 405 down into Santa Monica and smelled smoke there pretty strong. No people basically in this super busy Whole Foods on Wilshire Blvd. So it has impacted Santa Monica tremendously because they are down wind of the offshore Santa Anas that move unnaturally from east to west instead of the usual onshore flow that comes from the Pacific going east. Basically what makes this place paradise. Smelled great in BH two days ago and I went out just to stand and get some sun and when I got a whiff of how fresh the air was I went for a jog. Skipped the treadmill yesterday because of the smoke but was on it again today because we didn't smell anything. You know. Just keeping the fingers crossed at this point. Avoiding the news. lol. Right up until it lands on my roof. Wink But usually we get smoke when these things happen and MAN does that suck. Wow. Fucking coughing all night. I try to ignore this stuff but I have SO many memories of fire seasons here. I would never buy a home anywhere but the damn city here in LA. And that means, of course, that I'll never buy a home here. Because the last time I checked there were TWO (very weird) houses on the entire western side of the LA basin under one million dollars.

Anyway. So far so good and thanks for asking.

sambista

PostPosted: 12/07/17 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so that wasn't you on tv, jumping up and down, then saving the little bunny from the fire?

you'll notice our fearless leader hasn't said word one about these fires. he couldn't care less if the whole state of california fell into the sea. wishing everyone well.

PostPosted: 12/07/17 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eopBwjy2bR8" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 12/07/17 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/UPDATE-Brush-fire-breaks-out-in-Los-Angeles-462294743.html

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 12/07/17 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
so that wasn't you on tv, jumping up and down, then saving the little bunny from the fire?

you'll notice our fearless leader hasn't said word one about these fires. he couldn't care less if the whole state of california fell into the sea. wishing everyone well.

Anthony Bourdain was eating extremely well done bunny heads on his show the other night. Sucked the brains out. Speaking of Trump.

sambista

PostPosted: 12/07/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/UPDATE-Brush-fire-breaks-out-in-Los-Angeles-462294743.html

if true, i stand corrected.

PostPosted: 12/08/17 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

California has declared a state of emergency. I wish we could shift our coming snow storm over there and help everyone out!

scullyfu

PostPosted: 12/09/17 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:

did you see that as part of the tax bill, they are putting in language to basically cut out FEMA funds for areas that get hit with earthquakes & fires! gee, guess who that means...the entire west coast. they are trying to destroy the blue states tax base; its pure spite for not voting for 45. FUCK HIM!

https://politicallybrewed.com/as-l-a-burns-republicans-vote-for-a-tax-hike-on-the-victims-salon/

According to the Los Angeles Times, contained within the horrendous Republican tax bill is a literal tax hike on people whose property is destroyed or damaged by “natural disasters like hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and earthquakes.” This will also affect “losses from fires, accidents, thefts or vandalism.” It turns out the Republicans decided to help pay for their tax cuts for the super-wealthy by eliminating the “casualty loss” tax deduction for victims of these natural disasters. An exemption in the law apparently excludes the victims of the Northern California fires I lived through. Victims of the fires happening right now in L.A. will not be exempted, however, at least according to the current iteration of the law. Rep. Mike Thompson, a Northern California Democrat, has described this tax hike as “cruel” and “heartless.”

Additionally, a law passed back in September provided a tax deduction for victims of hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Future hurricane victims will, of course, be slammed by the Trump tax bill and the casualty repeal.

PostPosted: 12/09/17 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i did not see that, and i pore over news all day. you just can't keep up with all the evil doings of the antichrist and his administration. we'll look back two years from now and wonder wtf.

PostPosted: 12/13/17 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad you didn't burn up, jammer. I was wondering, and stopped by just to confirm. Cool

PostPosted: 12/13/17 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
Glad you didn't burn up, jammer. I was wondering, and stopped by just to confirm. Cool

just in terms of temperament, thank you. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: