RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

My Day at a Comic Convention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 12/10/17 10:55 am    ::: My Day at a Comic Convention Reply Reply with quote

Yesterday I spent the day at the Boston SouthCoast Comic Con. You can read my recap and see some photos by checking out this Classic Rock Bottom link.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/10/17 11:22 am    ::: Re: My Day at a Comic Convention Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Yesterday I spent the day at the Boston SouthCoast Comic Con. You can read my recap and see some photos by checking out this Classic Rock Bottom link.

You mean you missed BC's big win over #1 Duke? Shocked

Very Happy

Richard 77

PostPosted: 12/10/17 12:01 pm    ::: Re: My Day at a Comic Convention Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:

Awesome recap! I would give anything to meet Guy, I am very fond of Nancy and I was delighted when he took over the strip. He brought back some well loved characters like Phil, and created a background story for Sluggo. He is a true artist among artists. And I love his aunt Fritzi! I wish I could get to the comic-cons around here, but with limited mobility, it's damned near impossible to do so. Glad to see you had a terrific time!

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 12/10/17 8:31 pm    ::: Re: My Day at a Comic Convention Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:

You mean you missed BC's big win over #1 Duke? Shocked

Very Happy

Yes I did, though that was a nice surprise to come home to.
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 12/10/17 8:33 pm    ::: Re: My Day at a Comic Convention Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:

Awesome recap! I would give anything to meet Guy, I am very fond of Nancy and I was delighted when he took over the strip. He brought back some well loved characters like Phil, and created a background story for Sluggo. He is a true artist among artists. And I love his aunt Fritzi! I wish I could get to the comic-cons around here, but with limited mobility, it's damned near impossible to do so. Glad to see you had a terrific time!

Thanks for the feedback Richard. It was pretty cool to meet Guy Gilchrist. I read the Nancy strip for a while but I never had the desire to actually meet him until that particular strip I mentioned in the article appeared. It really hit home with me since my mom passed last year and then it was now a year later. I thought the least I could do was say thank you. And apparently it was a good thing I did because if what he wrote on his Facebook page today holds true, he's not doing any more cons for a while. Busy schedule ahead for him apparently.
justintyme

PostPosted: 12/10/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So jealous! I totally had a celebrity crush on Gigi (well, actually Chiana) back in the day. Farscape was such an awesome show.

PostPosted: 12/11/17 7:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
So jealous! I totally had a celebrity crush on Gigi (well, actually Chiana) back in the day. Farscape was such an awesome show.

Yes the show was awesome. I still wish they could do something again. The comic book follow up to the show was pretty good.

By the way, Gigi retweeted my article link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: