RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Misc. Games 11/26-12/2

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2961



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/26/17 7:23 pm    ::: Misc. Games 11/26-12/2 Reply Reply with quote

Chattanooga beat Auburn 50-41. In this game, Auburn was scoreless in the first quarter.


dinkytown



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 2230



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/26/17 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New Mexico blasted Illinois 97-68 to move to 7-0. Green Bay transfer Tesha Buck had 21 and all starters were in double figures.

Lobos could be 12-0 going heading into their game @ Oklahoma 12/16.


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 1928



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/28/17 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette is playing in their annual scream game as I like to call it 😀. They are hosting a bunch of Milwaukee Public Schools as they take on Loyola of Chicago. I think I will see the bench get a lot of PT in this one as MU leads 29-11 after one quarter.


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2961



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/28/17 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yup, should see plenty of bench minutes.

Marquette leads at the half 57-12. Loyola scored only 1 point in the second quarter and it was in the last minute of the half.


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2961



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/28/17 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette bench has already scored 22 points at the half.


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 1928



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/28/17 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Yup, should see plenty of bench minutes.

Marquette leads at the half 57-12. Loyola scored only 1 point in the second quarter and it was in the last minute of the half.


And they haven't scored at all with 4:57 to go in the third - MU leads 68-12


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4283
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/28/17 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Yup, should see plenty of bench minutes.

Marquette leads at the half 57-12. Loyola scored only 1 point in the second quarter and it was in the last minute of the half.


And they haven't scored at all with 4:57 to go in the third - MU leads 68-12


Sheryl Swoopes may have been an awful coach and maybe a terrible person, but she got Loyola out of the dumps. During her tenure they made it to the middle of the OVC. Their current coach has returned them to the basement.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 1928



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/28/17 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette wins this one easily 92-30. A tough stretch coming up with games at UWGB, at home against rival Wisconsin and at Michigan


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2961



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/28/17 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Little Rock hasn't had a good season thus far (1-3 coming into tonight's game) but they knocked off the visiting Oklahoma Sooners 68-56. The Sooners fell to 3-3 while the Trojans improve to 2-3.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3490
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/28/17 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Yup, should see plenty of bench minutes.

Marquette leads at the half 57-12. Loyola scored only 1 point in the second quarter and it was in the last minute of the half.


And they haven't scored at all with 4:57 to go in the third - MU leads 68-12


Sheryl Swoopes may have been an awful coach and maybe a terrible person, but she got Loyola out of the dumps. During her tenure they made it to the middle of the OVC. Their current coach has returned them to the basement.


Current coach is trying to rebuild after Hurricane Swoopes. Remember how many players left Loyola prior to Swoopes Getting heave hoed. .



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20908



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/28/17 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Little Rock hasn't had a good season thus far (1-3 coming into tonight's game) but they knocked off the visiting Oklahoma Sooners 68-56. The Sooners fell to 3-3 while the Trojans improve to 2-3.


this one should be embarrassing for the Okie fans. [sorry Howee]



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20908



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/28/17 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Yup, should see plenty of bench minutes.

Marquette leads at the half 57-12. Loyola scored only 1 point in the second quarter and it was in the last minute of the half.


And they haven't scored at all with 4:57 to go in the third - MU leads 68-12


Sheryl Swoopes may have been an awful coach and maybe a terrible person, but she got Loyola out of the dumps. During her tenure they made it to the middle of the OVC. Their current coach has returned them to the basement.


Current coach is trying to rebuild after Hurricane Swoopes. Remember how many players left Loyola prior to Swoopes Getting heave hoed. .


But didn't a lot of those players come in because of Swoopes to begin with? Just asking because I really don't know the whole story...but I'm thinking that I would have jumped at a chance to play for a HOF coach if I'm not good enough to play P5.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4283
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/29/17 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Yup, should see plenty of bench minutes.

Marquette leads at the half 57-12. Loyola scored only 1 point in the second quarter and it was in the last minute of the half.


And they haven't scored at all with 4:57 to go in the third - MU leads 68-12


Sheryl Swoopes may have been an awful coach and maybe a terrible person, but she got Loyola out of the dumps. During her tenure they made it to the middle of the OVC. Their current coach has returned them to the basement.



Current coach is trying to rebuild after Hurricane Swoopes. Remember how many players left Loyola prior to Swoopes Getting heave hoed. .


But didn't a lot of those players come in because of Swoopes to begin with? Just asking because I really don't know the whole story...but I'm thinking that I would have jumped at a chance to play for a HOF coach if I'm not good enough to play P5.


Spotted one (Whisper Fisher) playing off the bench for St. Joseph's when they came to JMU. Didn't get many minutes. And actually a lot of them left after she was fired.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.


Last edited by summertime blues on 11/29/17 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12107



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/29/17 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SNY is showing BC@ Columbia right now.

With 6 minutes to go Columbia leads by 6. They keep hitting enough 3s to maintain a small lead.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12107



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/29/17 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Columbia wins 68-60. They outrebounded BC and outshot them from the arc.

Columbia has played a pretty difficult schedule including Green Bay, AzSt and MissSt. They're now 3-5.


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15258
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/29/17 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If BC could hit a free throw, they'd have won this game. There were long stretches where Columbia couldn't get out of their own way. Zimmerman getting those three straight fouls in the second quarter didn't help (though it might have in a way; they always seemed to be looking for her no matter what when she was on the floor).

Very smartly, which should not be a surprise, Columbia actually reserved seats for the adults who didn't want to be surrounded by thousands of screaming kids. In fact, if you saw a random Fordham shirt a few rows behind the Columbia bench, hi, that was me.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 1928



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/29/17 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
If BC could hit a free throw, they'd have won this game. There were long stretches where Columbia couldn't get out of their own way. Zimmerman getting those three straight fouls in the second quarter didn't help (though it might have in a way; they always seemed to be looking for her no matter what when she was on the floor).

Very smartly, which should not be a surprise, Columbia actually reserved seats for the adults who didn't want to be surrounded by thousands of screaming kids. In fact, if you saw a random Fordham shirt a few rows behind the Columbia bench, hi, that was me.


Marquette always sets aside special sections for season ticket holders for the 'scream games' as I like to call them Smile. Where I usually sit for games is always filled with school kids for these games.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2929



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/29/17 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the half George Mason leads Maryland Eastern Shore 41-32 behind ex-UConner Natalie Butler's 17 1st half pts and 7 rebounds. Coming into tonight's game Butler is the leading rebounder in D1 with 109 boards. Her 17 1st half pts includes her second 3 pt basket this season.

Go get em Natalie !!


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12107



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/29/17 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Butler should never have left Georgetown.
She could have been a star. (And gotten a more valuable diploma.)


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12107



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/29/17 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wrong thread, sorry.


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 1633
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/30/17 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal is easily beating Seattle this afternoon, 68-41 after 3 quarters. After a few games where they seemed to be relying more on 3 point shooting today they have gone back to their inside game. Anigwe has 23 on 11-15 FG while backup center CJ West has 16 on 6-7 FG. Meanwhile Cal is only 2-8 from 3 pt range. Freshman Keanna Smith, who took over as the starter for M'Cole Cayton who is out for the season, has 6 assists.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12107



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/30/17 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clemson beats Nebraska by one, 67-66. Judging from the irate Twitter traffic, there may have been some officiating issues.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55145
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/01/17 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercer survives Campbell 58-57



_________________
Come love come, the road lies low
The way is long and hard I know
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4283
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/01/17 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nikki McCray-Penson gets her first win as a HC as ODU beats Coppin State, 75-67. This was a "scream game" with over 6000 Norfolk area public school students in attendance and by all accounts everyone had a lot of fun, including Nikki and her girls.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15258
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/02/17 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty sure there were more Michigan fans than LIU fans today at the WRAC. KBA brought a lot of family. And an ass-whooping was delivered, 86-49.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20908



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/02/17 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vandy finally won a real game. Over ISU. 77-74



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1220



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/02/17 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

North Dakota defeats Northern Iowa 80-72. Klabo of UND had a monster game of 29 pts, 15 rbs, and 7 blocks.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin