RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Michigan @ Ohio - 11/25/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/25/17 11:54 am    ::: Michigan @ Ohio - 11/25/17 Reply Reply with quote

Athens, OH - 2:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video:
Not available

Audio:
https://portal.stretchinternet.com/ohio/

http://www.mgoblue.com/watch/?Live=131&type=Archive

Live stats:
http://www.ohiobobcats.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/boxscores/20171125_lj90.xml

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/25/17 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Joe Foss

PostPosted: 11/25/17 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm surprised there's no video of this game, as pretty much all MAC home games have been on ESPN3. Athens is pretty empty during this holiday weekend, so maybe it's just a case of not having enough personnel to produce the game.

Ohio is 2-0 against weak D1 competition. They're very young and inexperienced, but have played surprisingly good defense, generating a lot of points off turnovers. Shooting, particularly 3-point shooting, has been very poor so far.

I haven't seen Michigan play this year, but the Wolverines will have a size advantage at every position against the Bobcats. Oddly, UM only has two players who have made a three-point shot this season. Katelynn Flaherty accounts for nearly 75% of their made threes, and is shooting them at a .483 clip.

PostPosted: 11/25/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I probably would have stayed home if it was online, but I decided to drive down (and avoided the madness that is The Game a mile from my house!)

mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/25/17 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sloppy 1Q for the Wolverines, but they have a smalll lead 19-16. Flaherty already has 11.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/25/17 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tied at 31 at the half. U-M has 12 turnovers Sad

mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/25/17 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Flaherty’s 31 points were enough to cover Michigan’s 23 turnovers. 74-61 Final.

Hallie Thome went 17pts 13rebs. Her twin had 6 points - a career high at Ohio.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/25/17 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Flahtery have a shot in the W ? I mean a REAL shot and not a Tori Jankowska 2.0 shot ?

PostPosted: 11/25/17 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan started in a 2-3 zone, which is the book against Ohio's spread offense. But Ohio moved the ball pretty well against it, and hit enough threes to convince Michigan to go man halfway through the second quarter. That opened up the driving lanes for the Bobcats, who got to the basket well, only to find 6'5" Hallie Thome waiting for them to block or smother the shot. It was a 3-point UM lead at the end of three, but then the Wolverines showed another gear. They only play about 7 deep, but are in condition to run all day, while the Bobcats faltered and committed fatigue errors that expanded the lead to double digits.

It was fun to see Ohio's half of the Thome twins, Hannah, get more run than usual today. She got her licks in, hitting consecutive threes in the second half. I think her six points is a career high for her.

Flaherty was a real force, shrugging off all attempts to face-guard her and showing not only 3-point range but inside scoring moves. She's very powerful in driving to the rim and took repeated advantage of Ohio's quickest player, freshman Cierra Hooks, by taking her to the hoop in the fourth quarter. I'm not sure that I see her as an WNBA point guard, but I would think she will make it as a 2.

Good game for Ohio's point and only senior, Taylor Agler, who ran the offense well and was everywhere on defense. It would have been a much different game without her steady play.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: