RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Washington St vs South Florida - 11/24/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/24/17 4:02 pm    ::: Washington St vs South Florida - 11/24/17 Reply Reply with quote

Gulf Coast Showcase
Estero, FL - 5:00 PM ET

TV: None

Video:
https://www.flohoops.com/live/3379-women-s-gulf-coast-showcase/signup?utm_campaign=2017womensgulfcoastshowcase&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=participatingschools&utm_content=participatingschools&rtid=17280&coverage_id=6014352 (sub)

Audio:
http://www.gousfbulls.com/watch/?Live=43&type=Live (free)

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/?id=193510&vislive=wast

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/24/17 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 11/24/17 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

22-2 USF early in the second quarter? Surprised

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/24/17 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

35-8 at the half.

The mighty Pac12 doesn't have a team with a duo like Jespersen and Laksa.
Shades

PostPosted: 11/24/17 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

0 pts in the first quarter for WSU. Record?
35-8 USF at the half

Only one player scored for WSU in the half. Team shot 3-24

calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/24/17 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
35-8 USF at the half

It certainly ties a record.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/24/17 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
35-8 USF at the half

Hard to argue with that!

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/24/17 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
35-8 USF at the half

Hard to argue with that!

No, it's not. It can't tie a record if it did in fact set a record, which seems unlikely, however.

WSU picked it up in the third quarter, but the underhyped Kitija Laksa is having a very good game.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/caga3XBS4Ec" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/24/17 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
35-8 USF at the half

Hard to argue with that!

No, it's not. It can't tie a record if it did in fact set a record, which seems unlikely, however.

WSU picked it up in the third quarter, but the underhyped Kitija Laksa is having a very good game.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/caga3XBS4Ec" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems unlikely? I would be completely stunned if no team had ever been shut out in a quarter, despite the fact that the switch to quarters just happened a season ago. There are a lot of games in a single season, and some pretty awful offenses.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/24/17 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
35-8 USF at the half

Hard to argue with that!

Seems unlikely? I would be completely stunned if no team had ever been shut out in a quarter, despite the fact that the switch to quarters just happened a season ago. There are a lot of games in a single season, and some pretty awful offenses.

Let's not mix up facts with arguments.

It was asserted as a fact that it "certainly" ties a record. No one has proved that fact.

You then argued that it's hard to argue with an unproven fact. I argued the contrary: that it's not hard to argue with an unproven fact.

If and when the fact is proven, it will again not be hard to argue with the fact; it will be, in fact, impossible.
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/24/17 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
35-8 USF at the half

Hard to argue with that!

It was asserted as a fact that it "certainly" ties a record. No one has proved that fact.

You then argued that it's hard to argue with an unproven fact. I argued the contrary: that it's not hard to argue with an unproven fact.

If and when the fact is proven, it will again not be hard to argue with the fact; it will be, in fact, impossible.

Not to get political, but people at the highest levels of government are arguing against facts.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/24/17 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
35-8 USF at the half

Hard to argue with that!

Not to get political, but people at the highest levels of government are arguing against facts.

Sounds as if you are resorting to a non sequitur or straw man argument. The fact is, you should agree with my argumentative logic. Although, to be truthstatementful, I left most of my Quine in the West End Bar more than 50 years ago.
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/24/17 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
35-8 USF at the half

Hard to argue with that!

Sounds as if you are resorting to a non sequitur or straw man argument. The fact is, you should agree with my argumentative logic. Although, to be truthstatementful, I left most of my Quine in the West End Bar more than 50 years ago.

No, just making a joke.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/24/17 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know that several teams were shut out in a quarter last season. If i recall Maryland put a 30-0 quarter or something close to it. That is why I said it certainly ties it.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/24/17 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My thinking at the time was it a record in the first quarter for a P5 team?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: