RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Oklahoma St vs Tennessee - 11/24/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/23/17 9:44 pm    ::: Oklahoma St vs Tennessee - 11/24/17 Reply Reply with quote

Cancun Challenge
Cancun, MX - 4:00 PM ET

TV: None

Video:
http://www.collegesportslive.com/?media=562847 (sub)

Audio:
http://www.utsports.com/watch/?Live=79&category=4&type=Live (free)

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/?id=193489

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/24/17 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 11/24/17 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Russell 6 - OSU 5

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/24/17 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn up 41-31 at the half.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/24/17 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

47-45 midway through the 3rd period. Is Tenn feeling the long minutes they played yesterday?

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/24/17 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
47-45 midway through the 3rd period. Is Tenn feeling the long minutes they played yesterday?

I think so. Russell in particular is playing like she's got both feet encased in concrete, and I think there's a lot of mental fatigue in effect as well.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/24/17 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

57-49 Tenn at the end of the 3rd Q.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/24/17 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
linkster wrote:

I think so. Russell in particular is playing like she's got both feet encased in concrete, and I think there's a lot of mental fatigue in effect as well.

21 pts with 7 min left is pretty good for one of players who actually played the OT period yesterday.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/24/17 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OTOH, OK St has played a lot of 5-on-4 because Russell is barely across half-court when they start their offense.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/24/17 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Final 79-69 Tenn. Onward to So. Dakota tomorrow.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/24/17 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why didn't Anastasia Hayes play? She's my rocky top fave.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/24/17 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

She played for 28 mins. She had a pretty bad shooting night, but scored 10 pts, with 5 assts and 4 TO's.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/24/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

She played for 28 mins. She had a pretty bad shooting night, but scored 10 pts, with 5 assts and 4 TO's.

Thanks. The ESPN box score didn't have her listed when I posted. Now they do.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/24/17 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

The Main 3 Freshman are my favs to be honest. Anyone from last years team just disappoints my spirit. Rennia has stolen my heart along with Evina who i root for the most. She has a bit of ticha penecheiro in her . I believe her shooting is a bit better than what shes shown thus far.

PostPosted: 11/25/17 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Evina reminds me more of Kellie Jolly. Very collected, sees the court well, and can step up to score if needed, but is primarily valuable at running the offense. The current team has enough offensive weapons so that she isn't going to have to score on most nights. Davis is the real deal, for those who haven't seen her, and is likely to be a leading contender for NFOY. Now if only the injury gods will be kind.

And speaking of shooting, Tenn is currently shooting 64.6% from the free throw line, which prior to last night's game ranked them at 253rd in the country. I hope their shooting there is a bit better than what they've shown thus far.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/25/17 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Evina reminds me more of Kellie Jolly. Very collected, sees the court well, and can step up to score if needed, but is primarily valuable at running the offense. The current team has enough offensive weapons so that she isn't going to have to score on most nights. Davis is the real deal, for those who haven't seen her, and is likely to be a leading contender for NFOY. Now if only the injury gods will be kind.

And speaking of shooting, Tenn is currently shooting 64.6% from the free throw line, which prior to last night's game ranked them at 253rd in the country. I hope their shooting there is a bit better than what they've shown thus far.

Davis is definitely great, but I'm not sure that she's even the leading contender for SEC FOY. Have you seen Chennedy Carter?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/25/17 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Davis is definitely great, but I'm not sure that she's even the leading contender for SEC FOY. Have you seen Chennedy Carter?

Should be a tough battle between the Two. Carter will have the advantage seeing as though she's option #1 on that Aggie squad. Cant go wrong with either player though .

PostPosted: 11/25/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Carter is very good, to be sure. What I'm also seeing in Davis is a big improvement from game to game. If she can continue even a fraction of that trajectory, her upside is tremendous. I've only seen Carter once, so I don't know if that's true for her as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: