RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Purdue @ Utah - 11/20/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/19/17 9:19 pm    ::: Purdue @ Utah - 11/20/17 Reply Reply with quote

Salt Lake City, UT - 9:00 PM ET
TV: Pac-12 Network

Video:
http://www.utahutes.com/news/2017/11/18/womens-basketball-utes-host-purdue-monday-for-star-wars-night.aspx (tvp)

Audio:
https://portal.stretchinternet.com/purdue/

https://tunein.com/radio/Utah-Utes-Sports-Network-s207384/

Live stats:
http://www.sidearmstats.com/utah/wbball/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/21/17 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 11/20/17 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Announcers can't stop saying how well and how much it surprises them about how Utah is playing.

New rule renames flagrant 1 and flagrant 2 fouls to something like "unsportsmanlike" and "disqualifying".

Shades

PostPosted: 11/20/17 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

45-34 Utah end of half

Shades

PostPosted: 11/21/17 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

81-68 Utah final

Stanford might have to watch their back for Utah too.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 11/21/17 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erika Bean might be one of the most under rated passing pg's around. Boy she makes great passes into the paint to her bigs.

I dont remember Megan Huff being as good as she played tonight, when I saw her play for Hawaii 2 years ago. Maybe its that pg Bean who helps.

Lynne Roberts has The Utes running some good plays.

Do not take this team lightly.

I dont think Purdue did, I wonder if the altitude got to them in the 2nd half.

Kookiebean

PostPosted: 11/21/17 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great game, fun to watch. I like the new Utah offense. Cool.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/21/17 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once again I was thinking " this is the year Purdue finally gets its act together" and once again they disappoint me.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/22/17 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Once again I was thinking " this is the year Purdue finally gets its act together" and once again they disappoint me.

Nope.

As long as Sharon Versyp is the coach, this is what they will be. She's totally destroyed the program, and the university doesn't seem to care.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/22/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Nope.

As long as Sharon Versyp is the coach, this is what they will be. She's totally destroyed the program, and the university doesn't seem to care.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92873&start=2

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/22/17 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Nope.

Because rather than responding to someone else's post about the issue, I started a whole thread about how much I hate my own team.

Oh, wait. I didn't do that.

Go troll someone else.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/22/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Shades wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Nope.

Because rather than responding to someone else's post about the issue, I started a whole thread about how much I hate my own team.

Oh, wait. I didn't do that.

Go troll someone else.

👍 I think you've been consistent and quite restrained and reasonable regarding Versyp for a long time.

I started really paying attention when she cancelled the ND series and softened the schedule a few years ago. It didn't really help. And she's been recruiting some good players the last few years. That has raised expectations but hasn't really helped the results either.

My dad was a Purdue grad. I grew up as a Boilermaker fan.

PRballer

PostPosted: 11/23/17 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't agree with that statement she's "completely destroyed" the program as they still compete nationally (NCAA berths and top of Big Ten including that nice run last year) and there are no controversies or scandals within the program and she has a "nice" recruiting pipeline to Indianapolis and Atlanta it seems but...

Like Duke, Rutgers and LSU this is no longer an elite program or a perennial contender and nowhere near where they used to be. But they aren't "destroyed."

I do think current group might make a nice run this season - small but athletic with some good shooters. Nice pieces that play hard and together

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/23/17 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
I don't agree with that statement she's "completely destroyed" the program as they still compete nationally (NCAA berths and top of Big Ten including that nice run last year) and there are no controversies or scandals within the program and she has a "nice" recruiting pipeline to Indianapolis and Atlanta it seems but...

Like Duke, Rutgers and LSU this is no longer an elite program or a perennial contender and nowhere near where they used to be. But they aren't "destroyed."

I do think current group might make a nice run this season - small but athletic with some good shooters. Nice pieces that play hard and together

Since the previous coach's recruits graduated, she has never made a Sweet 16. That's 8 years, not including this year.

Since arriving at Purdue, she hasn't recruited a single player that has been drafted - not even a third rounder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: