RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

So Liberty fans...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 11/19/17 12:22 am    ::: So Liberty fans... Reply Reply with quote

A lot of things in my mind have changed in the span of a week. For instance, I've gone from wanting to watch the international offseason and major women's college basketball to not wanting to watch either one unless we definitively find that the Liberty will remain in NY. If not I don't know what I'll do. Liberty games are my favorite thing to do. Period. It won't be easy for me to switch to rooting for another team if the Libs fold. I'm guardedly optimistic based on Swin's IG post but that doesn't mean it's going to end well.

If the Libs do fold or move say to the Pacific time zone, what would you guys do? Find another team to root for? Watch more casually? Not watch the league at all?

I'm sure I would still watch games sometimes but without the Libs it will be much harder for me to watch.

PostPosted: 11/19/17 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this whole week, i felt like my soul has been literally snatched away from my body like Shang Tsung from Mortal kombat Sad

i don't know what i would do without watching my Libs, i just can't see it happening, especailly if it folds or moves out of NYC. i would be done with the W

but ima try to stay positive and pray someone saves our Libs.

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/19/17 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I find college basketball to be a balm to the soul during this time of uncertainty.

If we lose them, I mourn. And then I demand my money back. And then I go get a Sun weekend plan.

(now with spelling variations)
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 11/19/17 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm wondering if I'll become a CT fan. I dunno. It just won't be the same. Plus it means I'll only go to a handful of games a year.

PostPosted: 11/19/17 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Me going to a game in Connecticut would be tough. My hope is that the team doesn't fold and at least gets relocated. For the WNBA to lose the Liberty would be a big step backwards. I can't imagine not being able to make it to another WNBA game, but I hope for the league's sake the team doesn't fold.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 11/19/17 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The team is still tweeting as it normally would. Including Katie. Spoon is out there doing charity work. Hope these are good signs the team will remain in NY.

PostPosted: 11/19/17 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Liberty leave, I will watch more Yankees games and probably drop the WNBA altogether. I was already pretty soured by the playoff loss to Washington. That you can have your entire regular season wiped out by one opposing player hitting a bunch of heat-check 3's made the regular season seem meaningless. I was already pulling back, this would kill it. I'd probably still watch some marquee WCBB games, but I certainly won't be watching mid-major games to scout for that sleeper 3rd Round pick. Laughing Maybe I'll watch an occasional international game just for jollies.

PostPosted: 11/19/17 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
The team is still tweeting as it normally would. Including Katie. Spoon is out there doing charity work. Hope these are good signs the team will remain in NY.

And almost daily Facebook updates on our players overseas. I wonder if under a new ownership if maybe the games can be split with half(9/10 games) at MSG and the rest elsewhere (Westchester? Newark?).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: