RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

If The Liberty Moved To Barclay's.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

If The Liberty Moved to Barclay Center Would You Go There?
Yes and buy Season Tickets.
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
Yes but game by game.
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
No. Too Far to travel.
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
No MSG or Nothing.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

dab44lb

PostPosted: 11/16/17 2:18 pm    ::: If The Liberty Moved To Barclay's. Reply Reply with quote

I saw on a Facebook site (Not naming names) that if the Liberty were sold and moved to Brooklyn, fans wouldn't go. I just want to gauge the temperature.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/16/17 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Question. What's the subway service like to Barclays?

MSG is really easy to get to from just about anywhere, including New Jersey and Long Island.

Frankly, unless Prokhorov buys the Liberty, I doubt Barclays is any more affordable for the new owner than MSG would be, so the question is probably academic anyhow.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/16/17 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I assume you're only looking for NY fans to answer. Barclays is too far for me in Middle Georgia, just like MSG is.

PostPosted: 11/16/17 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Question. What's the subway service like to Barclays?

MSG is really easy to get to from just about anywhere, including New Jersey and Long Island.

Frankly, unless Prokhorov buys the Liberty, I doubt Barclays is any more affordable for the new owner than MSG would be, so the question is probably academic anyhow.

The 2,3,4,5 IRT. B,D,Q,N,R IND And LIRR. All stop at The Barclay Center.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him
dab44lb

PostPosted: 11/16/17 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I assume you're only looking for NY fans to answer. Barclays is too far for me in Middle Georgia, just like MSG is.

You funny.

Chip

PostPosted: 11/16/17 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Problem for me

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 11/16/17 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The arena is next to a transportation hub that has multiple subway lines and the LIRR, it is very easy to get to. It is also in a part of Brooklyn just over the bridge from Manhattan, it is no deep in Brooklyn. There is also some parking, more than is available at MSG.

jmvcity

PostPosted: 11/16/17 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tell that to the NY Islanders fans who didn't show up to Barclays after the team left Nassau Coliseum.

stever

PostPosted: 11/16/17 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO Nassau makes a lot more sense:

Newly renovated, seats 13,500 for basketball, they're going after NCAA Tourney games as well.

pasteurize

PostPosted: 11/16/17 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The majority of New Yorkers rely on public transportation to get around. MSG is perfect, Barclays is doable, Nassau Coliseum is terrible for people without cars.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/16/17 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pasteurize wrote:
The majority of New Yorkers rely on public transportation to get around. MSG is perfect, Barclays is doable, Nassau Coliseum is terrible for people without cars.

There's this new thing called Uber.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
jmvcity

PostPosted: 11/16/17 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pasteurize wrote:

But to have to take the subway to the LIRR then a cab to the coliseum is really not ideal. Or taking an Uber directly from the city to the coliseum would cost twice as much as the ticket for the games.

pasteurize

PostPosted: 11/16/17 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:
Shades wrote:
pasteurize wrote:

But to have to take the subway to the LIRR then a cab to the coliseum is really not ideal. Or taking an Uber directly from the city to the coliseum would cost twice as much as the ticket for the games.

Yep.

toad455

PostPosted: 11/16/17 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coming from New Jersey, I can pretty much guarantee I wouldn't be able to make a game.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
auntie

PostPosted: 11/16/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can walk to Barclays. I would love it if they played there.

PostPosted: 11/16/17 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been there for a concert. Would go for a Liberty game. Pretty easy to get to by subway iirc, and I like the neighbourhood.
I'd be highly unlikely to buy season tickets though.

PostPosted: 11/16/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I've been there for a concert. Would go for a Liberty game. Pretty easy to get to by subway iirc, and I like the neighbourhood.

If it's easy to get there from Perth then I don't know why the New Jersey people are complaining

#NATC

PostPosted: 11/16/17 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

If it's easy to get there from Perth then I don't know why the New Jersey people are complaining

It the Libs end up at Barclays, the NJ people should be thankful, because it means that at least they won't have to go to the Prudential Centre to watch the games! Razz

PostPosted: 11/16/17 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
IMO Nassau makes a lot more sense:

Newly renovated, seats 13,500 for basketball, they're going after NCAA Tourney games as well.

I find this comment baffling. I have no idea what would "make more sense" for a possible buyer for the team. There would seem to be many considerations.

For Liberty fans, which is what this poll is about, what "makes sense" seems to depend in most cases on where we live, whether we own cars or use public transportation, and our feelings about different arenas. There is no objective answer for fans.

I live on the Upper West Side and don't own a car. For me, Madison Square Garden is ideal. Six stops on the #1 local (subway). The Barclay Center isn't as good but would be acceptable. Not a long ride on the #2 or #3 express (subway).

Any options that involve train rides on Metro North (White Plains), New Jersey Transit (Newark), or the Long Island Railroad (the Nassau Coliseum) would be lousy options for me. And if I'd need cab rides from the train station to the arena and back after the game, I simply wouldn't go.

PostPosted: 11/16/17 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and I could technical make it to a game at Barclays. Would take twice as long ---> NJ Transit ---> Penn Station ---> LIRR ---> Atlantic Terminal

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
stever

PostPosted: 11/16/17 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So if a new location is more than 8 blocks away from you, it's no good? Try thinking like a prospective owner, the one who has to pay the bills to keep a franchise afloat.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 11/16/17 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
So if a new location is more than 8 blocks away from you, it's no good? Try thinking like a prospective owner, the one who has to pay the bills to keep a franchise afloat.

OK, I'll try "thinking like a prospective owner." If a male sports executive has sexually harassed a female sports executive in our corporate offices, I'm not bringing that slimy guy back a few years later as the president of my women's basketball team.

Is that what you meant? Smile

PostPosted: 11/16/17 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Barlcay's would be very appealing to prospective owner. It is a state of the art facility, that currently has an NBA franchise and all related amenities for a pro sport league. The bigger question is would a WNBA franchise playing at the arena be appealing to Barclay's. My guess would be maybe?

jmvcity

PostPosted: 11/16/17 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Brooklyn Queen Beys

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 11/16/17 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NVMC is not a viable option. People didn’t go to the Rock when it was a 20 min train ride plus a ten minute walk starting at NY Penn. Why should we think people would be willing to travel twice as long on public trans to get to Nassau? It ain’t happening.

Barclays would work. Brooklynites identify with their teams, it’s a nice basketball facility and it’s only 20 min from MSG.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: