RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

South Carolina @ Clemson - 11/16/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/15/17 7:51 pm    ::: South Carolina @ Clemson - 11/16/17 Reply Reply with quote

Clemson, SC - 7:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video:
http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3196039/4-south-carolina-vs-clemson-w-basketball (tvp)

Audio:
http://www.clemsontigers.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?SPSID=657844&SPID=103716&DB_LANG=C&db_oem_id=28500 (free)

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=196665

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/16/17 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 11/16/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A’ja Wilson makes sure her Gamecock teammates know: ‘You just gotta beat Clemson’

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article184855568.html

Quote:
South Carolina-Clemson rivalry has been more than a little one-sided on the women’s basketball court — the Gamecocks have won seven straight, eight of 10 and five by more than 20 points.

Quote:
But for star Gamecock forward A’ja Wilson, a Hopkins, South Carolina, native, beating Clemson is never something to take for granted and even comparable in her mind to games against the very best teams in the country.

“I always want to beat Clemson at anything. It’s always going to be a rivalry to me. I’m a homegrown girl and that’s everything. You just gotta beat Clemson,” Wilson said.

Quote:
“The fans will definitely let you know that winning this game and having South Carolina pride is a priority for us,” Staley said. “I think we have the better team going into Clemson, but the better team doesn’t always win if we take them lightly. ... A’ja makes it make sense to them. I think our players know what the rivalry means.”

Quote:
Clemson has started the year with a pair of wins over Kennesaw State and South Carolina State. In those matchups, the Tigers averaged just 48.5 points but surrendered only 38 per game, putting them third in the country in scoring defense.

Quote:
Senior guard Bianca Cuevas-Moore will remain sidelined against Clemson with a sprained knee, Staley said. Staley also said the team’s coaching staff is not trying to rush her back from injury. Cuevas-Moore has missed the first two games of the season after playing in USC’s exhibition.

Quote:
Clemson's best player: Junior point guard Danielle Edwards, who has accounted for nearly 25 percent of the Tigers’ points this season. She also has 11 steals in two games, tied for fourth in the nation.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/16/17 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It should be a game where the Gamecock freshmen get ample minutes. Clemson is not only averaging under 50 ppg, but also averaging right at 20 turnovers committed per game....

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/16/17 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

37-11 Gamecocks at the half. Spann has 12 pts on 4-5 shooting from the 3, 4-6 overall. Wilson has 10 pts and 7 rebounds....

SkyNeck

PostPosted: 11/16/17 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
It should be a game where the Gamecock freshmen get ample minutes. Clemson is not only averaging under 50 ppg, but also averaging right at 20 turnovers committed per game....

As of the Half, they're now on pace for only 22 points for this game.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/16/17 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecocks win 66-36. Both teams put in their reserves for the 4th Qtr., and pretty much uglied up the game. But the one bright spot was USC freshman Lele Grissett scoring 10 pts on 5-8 shooting, and pulling down 8 boards, in 15 minutes.

Lindsey Spann led the Gamecocks with 20 pts, and A'ja Wilson added 19 pts and 11 rebounds....

Shades

PostPosted: 11/16/17 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:

Lindsey Spann led the Gamecocks with 20 pts, and A'ja Wilson added 19 pts and 11 rebounds....

I'm just noticing Spann on SC now. She was Penn St's best player.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/17/17 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spann's been insane from 3.

PostPosted: 11/17/17 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

I'm just noticing Spann on SC now. She was Penn St's best player.

Yeah shes a gamer i never really noticed her at penn state , id say this transfer made the right decision . Great fit with Aja and hopefully Tea' if she becomes eligible .

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: