RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Misc games week of Nov 13-17

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20922



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/14/17 10:22 pm    ::: Misc games week of Nov 13-17 Reply Reply with quote

It bears mentioning that Florida got beat by Arkansas State 70-69


Shocked

and Iowa State beaten by Northern Iowa



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
dinkytown



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 2231



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/17 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Central Michigan blew out Vanderbilt last night 92-75.


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1220



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/17 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDSU vs. UND should be a good game tonight of former NCC foes. I go to UND now so I feel bad but i love the Jackrabbits so I'll be cheering them on tonight. GO JACKS.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3490
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With just under five minutes left in the game Oregon State has 30 assists and 32 baskets. That's impressive even though the opposition Utah Valley isn't that formidable.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
IM in OC



Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 720
Location: Orange County, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/17 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington just beat BYU 80-72

7 Huskies had career high games. Mainly cause all of them never played much last year or scored so few points in their first game loss to Idaho State.

Now the weird thing. Washington didnt make a FG in the 4 quarter. All 8 points were from the FT line.

Jennifer Hamsons younger sister, for BYU, has the height of her sister but is still a work in progress.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20922



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/17 1:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
Washington just beat BYU 80-72

7 Huskies had career high games. Mainly cause all of them never played much last year or scored so few points in their first game loss to Idaho State.

Now the weird thing. Washington didnt make a FG in the 4 quarter. All 8 points were from the FT line.

Jennifer Hamsons younger sister, for BYU, has the height of her sister but is still a work in progress.


I was quite surprised at this result. I had been wondering if Washington would be able to win a single game this year. And didn't expect them to do it against a decent mid.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
bcdawg04



Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 272
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
IM in OC wrote:
Washington just beat BYU 80-72

7 Huskies had career high games. Mainly cause all of them never played much last year or scored so few points in their first game loss to Idaho State.

Now the weird thing. Washington didnt make a FG in the 4 quarter. All 8 points were from the FT line.

Jennifer Hamsons younger sister, for BYU, has the height of her sister but is still a work in progress.


I was quite surprised at this result. I had been wondering if Washington would be able to win a single game this year. And didn't expect them to do it against a decent mid.


I was also surprised, especially after Sunday. (Unfortunately, I didn't make either game--was sick over the weekend and getting to UW on a weekday is now rather painful).

I laughed pretty hard, along with Elise, when the play-by-play guy mentioned we had 7 players with new career highs. Well, we only have 6 returning players (I think 5 available). A lot of credit to Wynn for her team's response after Sunday's blowout. Last night's fourth quarter was a slog, but we'll take it. The next one's going to be a doozy (it's also at 8 am, PT Shocked ).


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20922



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/17 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

High Point hanging in there with Duke. Shocked end of 1st 23-19 and Duke is a bit lucky to be there. Also the viewpoint on ESPN3 is one of the weirdest. Like the camera is up in the rafters.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 8955
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd be effed up


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wtf is Vic doing? Up 40 with 2:00 left in the first half and full-blown, full-court pressing.

MS ST 63 GA ST 22 H



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55145
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/17 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercer 72
Georgia Southern 45

Keke Calloway led the bears with 17 points



_________________
Come love come, the road lies low
The way is long and hard I know
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3490
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/17 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Montana and Kentucky tied at the half.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12107



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/17 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
High Point hanging in there with Duke. Shocked end of 1st 23-19 and Duke is a bit lucky to be there. Also the viewpoint on ESPN3 is one of the weirdest. Like the camera is up in the rafters.


Duke led by 11 at the half, won 77-50.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3490
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/17 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Schaefer substituted liberally and all 12 in the rotation scored in a 106-50 win over Georgia State



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3490
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/17/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Wtf is Vic doing? Up 40 with 2:00 left in the first half and full-blown, full-court pressing.

MS ST 63 GA ST 22 H



Schaefer addressed this in the postgame interview. He likes the intensity of his teams defense when they press and very disappointed when they slip back into a nonpressing zone. He mentioned the third quarter and the lack of intensity when they were in nonpressing man or zone.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2932



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/17/17 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tulane knocks off Vanderbilt 71-59. Seems like a lot of AAC teams are scheduling more P5 teams to build up their RPI's. Besides Vandi the Green Wave has NCSt & LSU on their schedule.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4284
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/18/17 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Tulane knocks off Vanderbilt 71-59. Seems like a lot of AAC teams are scheduling more P5 teams to build up their RPI's. Besides Vandi the Green Wave has NCSt & LSU on their schedule.


Either that, or P5 teams are scheduling more AAC cupcakes Very Happy



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20922



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/19/17 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So north Carolina loses to South Alabama, who shot lights out for the game: 85-84.
With the game on the line Sylvia chooses to go to her senior, Cherry, who couldn't hit the broad side of the barn and finished 0-10...instead of any of the other three players who had made baskets for her today. Rolling Eyes (I guess your class is more important than if you can shoot)



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2932



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/19/17 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
linkster wrote:
Tulane knocks off Vanderbilt 71-59. Seems like a lot of AAC teams are scheduling more P5 teams to build up their RPI's. Besides Vandi the Green Wave has NCSt & LSU on their schedule.


Either that, or P5 teams are scheduling more AAC cupcakes Very Happy


Why should they when they have a good supply in their own conferences? Very Happy


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin