RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hollywood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/20/20 1:56 am    ::: Hollywood Reply Reply with quote

Netflix. It's TOO good. I'll say no more.

PostPosted: 05/20/20 9:23 am    ::: Re: Hollywood Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Netflix. It's TOO good. I'll say no more.

Can you say one more thing: How big is Patti Lupone's role? That's one the main draws for me.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/20/20 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big. She has a very big role. I'll say no more, okay?

Okay no I’ll say more.

This has a glitzy stylized look to it that’s exactly the kind of thing that sometimes puts me off. In fact, it probably did stop me from watching it for the first couple of weeks it was on Netflix. SO glad I didn’t let that stop me. If that kind of a thing is a red flag for you then trust me just give it a minute. It’s actually tastefully done and fairly accurate.

Themes? You want themes? They’re here. Angles. All explored beautifully and realistically. I will say as I’ve said so many times here, REAL glimpses into this world as portrayed in the production medium of movies and television which it actually controls have been rare. This presents things as we know they were and to a great extent still are. The quality of the imagining and writing of the characters, the acting which matches anything I’ve ever seen, even the score is gorgeous.

This show is as good as anything I’ve ever seen. Now maybe I’m getting old and soft, but I don’t think so. Streaming television continues to get better and better.

Now dammit I didn’t want to say any of that. Wink

PostPosted: 05/20/20 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been wanting to check this out. I'm a Darren Criss fan, he was fantastic in American Crime Story), glad to hear good reviews.

PostPosted: 05/21/20 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Big. She has a very big role. I'll say no more, okay?

Okay no I’ll say more.

This has a glitzy stylized look to it that’s exactly the kind of thing that sometimes puts me off. In fact, it probably did stop me from watching it for the first couple of weeks it was on Netflix. SO glad I didn’t let that stop me. If that kind of a thing is a red flag for you then trust me just give it a minute. It’s actually tastefully done and fairly accurate.

Themes? You want themes? They’re here. Angles. All explored beautifully and realistically. I will say as I’ve said so many times here, REAL glimpses into this world as portrayed in the production medium of movies and television which it actually controls have been rare. This presents things as we know they were and to a great extent still are. The quality of the imagining and writing of the characters, the acting which matches anything I’ve ever seen, even the score is gorgeous.

This show is as good as anything I’ve ever seen. Now maybe I’m getting old and soft, but I don’t think so. Streaming television continues to get better and better.

Now dammit I didn’t want to say any of that. Wink

Awesome. Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: