RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AP preseason All American team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/07/17 10:37 pm    ::: AP preseason All American team Reply Reply with quote

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/07/2017-ap-womens-basketball-all-america-team/

Aja Wilson, South Carolina (unanimous)
Kelsey Mitchell, Ohio St. (all but 1 vote)
Katie Lou Samuelson, Connecticut (all but 2 votes)
Napheesia Collier, Connecticut (26 of 32)
Gabby Williams, Connecticut (17 of 32)

Lexie Brown was next with only 6 votes. I don't recall the preseason choices being so consistent. And Azura Stevens, who I'm not sure will even be starting, even got a vote.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/08/17 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think this was an easy selection both for the informed and less informed AP voters, based as it is on the players' achievements yesteryear. It's about exactly how I would have expected the vote patterns to be pre-season.

I'd be interested to know who voted for Stevens, as it could be possible for her to have better offensive stats on UConn this season than (most likely, if anyone) Gabby Williams. She's looked very good in the two tomato can preseason games, especially on running breaks, putbacks and low post shots. On the other hand, her three-point shot looks kind of awkward and, so far, ineffective -- sort of a push shot from her face with hardly any vertical leap, probably the same form she used as a nine year old. Williams has better shot form but not a good touch from the foul line and further.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: