RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Phil Cook Named WNBA Chief Marketing Officer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 12/03/20 3:18 pm    ::: Phil Cook Named WNBA Chief Marketing Officer Reply Reply with quote

https://www.wnba.com/news/sports-marketing-veteran-phil-cook-named-wnba-chief-marketing-officer/

Quote:
Cook most recently led Nike’s Global Basketball Brand through identifying and serving new consumers, driving new revenue, and introducing female athletes into marketing campaigns. He will report directly to WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert.

PostPosted: 12/03/20 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the article:
Quote:
The WNBA announced today that Phil Cook has been named the league’s first Chief Marketing Officer.

He's the first? I'm surprised the WNBA haven't had a previous one already. Or did previous league presidents had to do marketing strategies?

PostPosted: 12/03/20 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They had a senior VP for marketing

PostPosted: 12/05/20 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He certainly has is work cut out for him. More than 12 hours after the draft lottery, the results are no where to be found on the dot com front page. In fact, their lead story is announcing that the draft lottery is coming up.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/08/20 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
He certainly has is work cut out for him. More than 12 hours after the draft lottery, the results are no where to be found on the dot com front page. In fact, their lead story is announcing that the draft lottery is coming up.

Is that not the responsibility of the website content developer or someone who runs the website and the social media?

But yes, the WNBA needs to do a much better job having content immediately accessible on its own site.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/08/20 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The website, and all the NBA's other websites, are run by Turner (rather than in-house). The W has needed to take back control of its own site and improve things for years on end, but I don't know how viable that is given the agreements that are in place.

PostPosted: 12/11/20 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

He's probably too busy re-arranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: