RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AP Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkster

PostPosted: 01/30/18 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Duke got two healthy margin wins last week and still dropped one spot. Don’t see that happen too often.

Beating BC and Pitt shouldn't move anyone up. They didn't really move down so much as Georgia moved ahead of them because they beat Missouri.

Not the greatest wins but but decent MOV’s as I already pointed out. Certainly good enough not to drop. What should have happened if they’re feeling Georgia that much is to drop Ohio St one extra spot so Duke stays at #18... in a perfect world.

Shades: still pimping out Duke as they run up scores against teams with much lesser talent and only two wins against ranked teams being teams that are overranked themselves. Duke, Ohio State and Oregon State should be 20, 21,22 and eventually fall out of the top 25. When Notre Dame blows Duke off the court, we might see the rankings corrected. Duke was left out of the top 16 teams for a reason and haven't done anything to change that. They lost to freaking UNC! Three losses to unranked teams.

Lost in this discussion is the fact that Duke was ranked 18th with 223 votes last week(12) and despite dropping to 19th actually saw their votes increase to 245 this week(13).

Shades

PostPosted: 02/05/18 2:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My attempt to predict the Top 25 for tomorrow

1. UCONN
2. MSST
3. BAY
4. LOU
5. ND
6. TEX
7. UCLA
8. MD
9. ORE
10. SC
11. TEN
12. FSU
13. MIZZ
14. OHST
15. TAMU
16. GB
17. MICH
18. STAN
19. ORST
20. GA
21. DUKE
22. OKST
23. NCSU
24. LSU
25. TCU

Out: WVU, CAL

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 02/05/18 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/ap-womens-basketball-poll-week-14-0

UConn still unanimous

Texas up to #6

Stanford up to #17

Michigan down to #21

NC State and Arizona State in
West Virginia and California out

PostPosted: 02/05/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They really murdered Michigan. Both their losses were pretty close.

LSU been getting good wins, but the respect has been slow coming.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

The computers don't particularly like LSU either. Massey has them 26th, Sagarin 40th, and Sonny Moore 44th. RPI has LSU 25th. The AP voters have LSU 29th, so not a big difference.

LSU's OOC SOS is 125th, so I'm sure that doesn't help.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/05/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Shades wrote:

The computers don't particularly like LSU either. Massey has them 26th, Sagarin 40th, and Sonny Moore 44th. RPI has LSU 25th. The AP voters have LSU 29th, so not a big difference.

LSU's OOC SOS is 125th, so I'm sure that doesn't help.

It's logistics. LSU has 6 SEC teams ahead of them and the writers have to leave room for the rest of the P5.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/12/18 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/ap-womens-basketball-poll-week-15

UConn still unanimous

UCLA up to #7

Stanford up to #14

Texas A&M down to #17

South Florida and Belmont in
Arizona State and TCU out

PostPosted: 02/12/18 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the love, Mike Carmin of the Journal and Courier.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/12/18 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Belmont!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/12/18 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Belmont!!!

I love Ms Maggard on my fantasy team but having watched this team a lot, there is no way on God's green earth that they are a top 25 team. I'm pretty sure the worst P12 teams could beat them. That said, I do think it's fun (even if unrealistic) for some mids to get a little love. Yeah, they are great at their level (but note they lost big to Wright State and the only two P5 teams they played, and we all know OK and Stanford are only fair to middlin' this year). I sometimes think these voters just look at overall records and don't bother to actually watch the teams.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/12/18 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I look at this and ask myself "how did Texas get up to #6"? Yeah, they've won five straight, but not a team among them in the RPI top fifty.

But then I look behind them, and there's really no one who deserves to be ahead of them. Maryland perhaps?

pilight

PostPosted: 02/12/18 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
note they lost big to Wright State and the only two P5 teams they played

Vanderbilt is still a P5 team, despite Steph White's best efforts

PostPosted: 02/12/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I look at this and ask myself "how did Texas get up to #6"? Yeah, they've won five straight, but not a team among them in the RPI top fifty.

But then I look behind them, and there's really no one who deserves to be ahead of them. Maryland perhaps?

yeah, that's a problem for sure this year! I keep saying 'that team doesn't deserve to be there'...then I look at what's behind them. It's sometimes not who is the best, but rather who is less bad.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/12/18 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:
note they lost big to Wright State and the only two P5 teams they played

Vanderbilt is still a P5 team, despite Steph White's best efforts

ok, it's just possible Arizona and Washington couldn't beat them, but I wouldn't bet against it. And I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer here. I truly enjoy watching Belmont play - they have great teamwork, kinda like your Mercer Bears. That would actually be a fun game between Mercer and Belmont.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/12/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Belmont!!!

I love Ms Maggard on my fantasy team but having watched this team a lot, there is no way on God's green earth that they are a top 25 team. I'm pretty sure the worst P12 teams could beat them. That said, I do think it's fun (even if unrealistic) for some mids to get a little love. Yeah, they are great at their level (but note they lost big to Wright State and the only two P5 teams they played, and we all know OK and Stanford are only fair to middlin' this year). I sometimes think these voters just look at overall records and don't bother to actually watch the teams.

I got to see Belmont in person in Las Vegas as well as Washington. Stanford and UCLA. Belmont played Stanford (without McPhee) even for a half, but once Stanford got a lead the game got out of hand quickly. If they played home-and-home with the bottom 4 in the Pac 12 I think they would win more than half. They aren't the 24th best team in the country, but if they are an 11 seed I wouldn't want to be the #6 seed that has to play them.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/19/18 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings/_/poll/1/week/16/seasontype/2

1. Connecticut
2. Mississippi St
3. Baylor
4. Louisville
5. Notre Dame
6. Texas
7. South Carolina
8. Oregon
9. Florida St
10. UCLA
11. Missouri
12. Oregon St
13. Maryland
14. Ohio St
15. Tennessee
16. Stanford
17. Texas A&M
18. South Florida
19. Georgia
20. Duke
21. North Carolina St
22. Green Bay
23. Belmont
24. Louisiana St
25. Oklahoma St
———————————
26. Minnesota
27. Dayton
28. Mercer
29. Miami
30. Arizona St

Out: Michigan

icey23

PostPosted: 02/19/18 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So glad Nikki has gotten this LSU team back in the top 25, now she just needs to land top talent to LSU!!

PostPosted: 02/19/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New poll out

Same top 6

UCLA drops from 7 to 10 (loss to Oregon St)

Maryland drops from 10 to 13 (2 losses)

Tennesse drops from 11 to 15 (2 losses)

Big shakeup in 16-25

Belmont up to 23

LSU in, Michigan out

Minnesota 26, Mercer 28

13 losses total among last week's Top 25.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/19/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Whackadoodleness continues

Phil

PostPosted: 02/19/18 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what Belmont has done to deserve a ranking? Beating many teams in a row, none of which are remotely bubble teams, is not an answer.

BD22

PostPosted: 02/19/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Can someone tell me what Belmont has done to deserve a ranking? Beating many teams in a row, none of which are remotely bubble teams, is not an answer.

The bottom of the Top 25 is so weak. You could really argue against anyone who ends up being 24-25 every week. To your point, Belmont's best wins are over Gonzaga and FGCU, so really it would appear it is more because of that long winning streak.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/19/18 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Belmont is a lovely mid and play really nice team ball, but as I've said before, they simply lack the athleticism of 90% of P5 teams. Realistically they might be #40, but maybe not even that. But it is really exciting for them to have the first ever ranking for their school.

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/19/18 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Belmont is a lovely mid and play really nice team ball, but as I've said before, they simply lack the athleticism of 90% of P5 teams. Realistically they might be #40, but maybe not even that. But it is really exciting for them to have the first ever ranking for their school.

I would rather see a school like Belmont getting some credit at the bottom of the rankings than see a very uninspiring or unaccomplished (say, Minnesota or Arizona State or Miami) P5 team.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/19/18 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I would rather see a school like Belmont getting some credit at the bottom of the rankings than see a very uninspiring or unaccomplished (say, Minnesota or Arizona State or Miami) P5 team.

Agreed. I could use a few more P5 losses to get Mercer into the polls. Very Happy

(now with spelling variations)
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/19/18 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:

Belmont's only significant competition this season happened in November. They lost to Oklahoma by 23 opening night. Then they played three good games in Las Vegas that is the best approximation of how good the team actually is. I was there to see them beat a Gonzaga team in a very good, competitive game. Gonzaga hadn't yet found its form, but that night Belmont was the better team. The second night they played Stanford without Brittney McPhee. They played them even through 2 1/2 quarters, but Stanford wore them down and when the Cardinal went on a run the Bruins deflated. The final score was not indicative of the game as a whole. The final game was against Florida Gulf Coast. The Eagles had beaten DePaul and then were blown out by Ohio St. Belmont beat FGCU rather handily.

Since Las Vegas their only loss was to a decent Wright St team and they have won 18 games since, the best win over Vanderbilt. That isn't super impressive, but then again Green Bay is ranked 22 and they have lost twice over that span. I agree with Myrtle that Belmont is realistically in the forties, not 23, and should be an 11 or 12 seed.

Remember 2 weeks ago TCU was ranked in the top 25 and it is highly unlikely the Horned Frogs will even make the Tournament.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: